Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katie
Curious February 2020 Ontario

Arch or No Arch?

Katie, on June 2, 2019 at 02:23 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 16

We are getting married infront of a grand fireplace. We want to drape it, hang a beautiful wreath and decorate the mantle instead of renting an arch. How are you getting married? Do we NEED an arch?

VenueArch or No Arch? 1

FireplaceArch or No Arch? 2

16 Comments

Latest activity by Holly, on June 19, 2019 at 22:54
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely no arch! The venue and the fireplace themselves do enough and I think adding an arch would take away from it all.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree that the fireplace is beautiful on its own! Adding a whole archway would take away from its beauty. Of the two photos you posted I think the second one looks absolutely amazing! The first one seems really simple, maybe a little too simple?

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That fireplace is beautiful I definitely wouldn't add an arch and distract from that. We got married in front of doors, no arch needed.

Arch or No Arch? 3

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Fireplace itself is beautiful enough to be that alter. Arch will just take away the look and all the floral you add to it.

• Katie
    Curious February 2020 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Amazing!!!!

• Michelle
    Beginner November 2022 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think you need an Arch, because the fireplace is beautiful❤️, just decorate around it the way you choose. By the way, this is where me & my fiancée are getting married November 27th 2020 😍😍😁😁!!
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married outdoors in front of mountains and the ocean. I have seen it done with and without an arch. Personally I am ditching the arch, cause who needs an arch with those views!?

I think the grand fireplace looks great without an arch.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The fireplace is GORGEOUS, love it. Continue with decorating it as planned, and no arch. Smiley smile

• Honeylie
    Frequent user August 2021 Quebec
    Honeylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I say simply decorate the mantle of the fireplace to highlight it!

• Alysa
    Beginner October 2019 Alberta
    Alysa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely no arch, it’ll take away from the beautiful fire place set up. And there would be way too much going on if you had both an arch and the fireplace, in my opinion! It’ll be stunning!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely don't need an arch!!

We are still up in the air about the decor for ours but I'm not worried - I would marry him in the dark if need be.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You don’t need an arch! Fireplace replaces that. We did rent an arch because it was outdoors and there was just a bunch of open space. Plus, my sister-in-law had offered to our flowers at cost so it didn’t cost us an insane amount to get flowers in the arch
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think you need an arch.

The fireplace is a great centrepiece!

We are getting married in a church - so no arch for us either.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the fireplace is beautiful enough without an arch. You could add some extra decorations to the fireplace.
    We are not having an arch as our ceremony space is beautiful enough and we don’t feel like there needs to be anything added
  • DrB
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got married in front of a gorgeous fireplace. It was summer, so they had candles in it. We put candles and a few flower arrangements on the mantle
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely don't need an arch with that fireplace - in fact, it would probably clash with it. The fireplace is beautiful, use that as your backdrop for sure Smiley smile

Oh and to answer the other question - yes we had an arch at our wedding, but we didn't have anything beautiful behind it like that fireplace!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics