Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katelyn
Super October 2019 Ontario

Guys I'm Livid! Moores Screwed Up!

Katelyn, on October 2, 2019 at 10:46 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 30
Last week one of the groomsmen called to say he was told his suit was going to the wrong location and they couldn't fix it in time. It was meant to go to Ottawa but was being sent to Peterborough. So we called his location and were told there was no way it could be fixed even though it was their mistake! So then we called our location in Peterborough and were told that it was an easy fix and they didn't know why we were told it couldn't be fixed. She double checked that once she changed it, it was confirmed and everything was great. Yesterday we went in to pick up FH's tux and they ordered the wrong tie! It was meant to be a bow tie (all the groomsmen had been ordered bowties) but they ordered him a long tie. They said they would order the correct one today. So then today the same groomsman texted me to say his suit is in Peterborough and they never fixed it. He wont be here until tomorrow at like 10pm. And the wedding is saturday so that leaves no time for mistakes to be fixed. I'm honestly so angry. Why are people so incompetent this is my wedding for goodness sake!

30 Comments

Latest activity by Katelyn, on October 2, 2019 at 21:32
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah that's ridiculous. Glad they sorted something out at least.
  • DrB
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It was the Guelph location- the guys working there were really great. It would have been nice, however, if someone told us that the suit wasn’t going to make it in the first place. If they close for a month every summer, we can’t be the first people to buy a custom suit for a summer wedding
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's unfortunate. Luckily they sorted something out. What location was it?
  • DrB
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband’s custom suit was not in a week prior to our wedding. It was ordered months in advance, and we spent a small fortune on it. Turns out, the manufacturers close for a month in the summer....and it wouldn’t be in until after the wedding. Moore’s ended up finding him a similar off-the-rack suit, had to get the pants shipped from another location, and ended up altering it like TWO DAYS before the wedding. They ended up giving him his entire suit for free, and they gave him the custom suit when it (finally) arrived.

I was furious. Still a little pissed now, to be honest- but they did end up doing the best they could. We still laugh at our wedding date that’s embroidered in the custom suit, though.
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah after talking to my girl Taylor at Peterborough moores she said that that particular store in ottawa has messed up 3 other people's weddings.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ahhhh omg so frustrating!! i cant believe they sent it to the wrong location holy!!!!!!!!

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I did call and the guy completely denied any accountability. I'm going to be writing a review. I actually get quite a lot of attention on them too. I have 16 reviews on google and they have been seen 4400 times. So I have a bit of a presence. Most of them are really good reviews but this one wont be I assure you.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WHAT - I'm sorry what? I would most definitely write them/call them/go in person to them AFTER the wedding (just so they don't mess up more before the wedding) and be like look here people - you stressed me out, I'd like some of my money back.

Or, post a negative review - that tends to get businesses attention the most Smiley smile

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nope not at all. But they said everything will be right on the wedding day and it had better be.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm annoyed for you ... I hope they are going to give you a refund or some good compensation in any event.

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no! That's much harder to fix. Hopefully they make it on time!
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yep absolutely.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG That is horrible! My Father in law went to pick up his suit from Moores this week, and his pants were floods... a good 5 inches too short... thankfully he picked them up in time and shes getting new pants sent to our house, its redic! They have one job LOL

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's good! The one in Thunder Bay is good too, but the problem with chains is that there can be a few bad ones among the good ones

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice. Our moores here in Peterborough is great. Store 7 in ottawa at 2525 Carling ave absolutely sucks. Take your business elsewhere.
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ugh, that's the worst - when the business won't take ownership over their mistake.

The Moore's in London has poor customer service so I avoided them like the plague - we went with Collin's Formalwear which had locations that worked for everyone (best woman is in Barrie, one groomsman is in Brantford - near the Hamilton Collin's, FH and my brother went to the London one).

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I did and they denied it was ever their fault. So that's great -_-
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm with Tori, us October brides really could use a break with the problems!! But it's also with the nature of getting so close to the day.

I really hope that the suit is okay and that it fits the groomsman. Definitely give Moore's a piece of your mind too!

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Not really in fact the location that made the mistake denied their hand in it at all.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is awful! These people have their ONE job that they need to do for you. I hope they are doing something to compensate for this error.

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Not even close. They are all different heights and weights.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If anyone in the wedding party is close to the same get them to try it on
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah we have to go in today to pick up FH's so it's fine.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Considering the screw ups I'd make sure it is correct suit at least
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks. I appreciate it.
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No there's really no way of making it work. At this point its safer to leave it in Peterborough and pick it up friday. I'm just so angry. When I'm on my break someone is going to get an ear full!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Fingers crossed.
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah we can do that. But we won't know if it fits perfect.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just..... I'm so done with problems man - can't the world give us October brides a break????

Hoping everything works out with his suit!!! I'm assuming they are rush shipping it overnight? I know darn well that if they currently have it that they can either overnight it UPS where it gets to you before noon the next day or possibly hire an outside courier for same day shipping... maybe try pushing harder? It's just... wish there was something more to do.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ugh I hope that the tux is perfect! Is there a chance someone could pick it up for him for make sure it has the right colours and accessories at least?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics