Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie August 2020 Alberta

Gifts for registry

Ani88, on June 21, 2019 at 20:33 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Hello brides and grooms, we are about to create our wedding registry and were wondering if there are any items that we should or shouldn’t have on the list?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on June 24, 2019 at 23:21
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmmm, do you and you FH already live together? If so, then register for upgrades of things you already have. If you're moving in for the first time, I would suggest registering for things like bedsheets, towels, pots and pans, serving dishes, etc. The options are endless!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure who you are registering with - but I went with Bed Bath & Beyond and online they have a checklist that I found to be very helpful Smiley smile

I know that for the most part me and my FH are updating our kitchen stuff but the top 3 things I wanted to make sure to put on it: hair dryer, bathroom scale, and hand mixer for baking Smiley smile

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow! This is a different type of registry! normally you see the traditional things like bathroom items or kitchen, not this

• DrB
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Word of caution- when people say you can register for whatever you want, that’s true- BUT- there are some registry items that will cause some serious side-eye from your guests. I was invited to a shower in university for a classmate (I wasn’t invited to the wedding- so that is it’s own issue there) but I thought I might buy them a gift off their registry. When I checked it out, it was all video games, a giant TV, weird fandom collectables and then obscenely expensive items like couches and mattresses. Yep. Politely declined the shower invite and definitely did not send a gift. Some fun items are fine- I’ve seen camping gear, board games, picnic sets, etc and those are great ideas.... but I’m not buying you red dead redemption
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your registry is what you need and would like to receive as a gift. Base your budget for the guests to be at a fair price too. Consideration is nice to have when you go buying gifts for other couples wedding.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can pretty much put anything you want or need on a registry. I would add things that you wouldn’t buy for yourself, but would want.
    Add items in a range of prices so guests have options to pick from!
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi, i think there is no limit to what you put on your registery. I think sheets, towels are popular items. I am on the side that your registry should be practical for things that you need now and later. Others feel that maybe there should be items that aren't really necessary but you wouldn't buy it for yourself .
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I really think it’s up to you. I think, obviously, anything in a more expensive price range, will be less likely to be bought than less expensive items.

People will purchase what’s on your list!
  • A
    Newbie August 2020 Alberta
    Ani88 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Kelsey, of course! I was just wondering if there are specific items that are more popular than others or items that are not worth being on the list.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey there! Welcome to WeddingWire!

I think your registry should be filled with things you need. Do you need dishes? Cutlery? Pots and pans? Things like that are good ideas.

try to have things in different price ranges so people can choose items that are in their budgets.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics