Skip to main content
Brooke
Brooke

Jacksons Point, Ontario · From June 2017

Hi everyone! I'm Brooke and here's a little tid bit about myself :) I'm 26 years old and have been planning my wedding probably since the ripe age of 12... View more

Hi everyone! I'm Brooke and here's a little tid bit about myself :) I'm 26 years old and have been planning my wedding probably since the ripe age of 12 (which every other little girl does, am-I right?!) I've always dreamed of a fall wedding that took place in an old barn with the most overwhelming amount of rustic country decor.. Well, one of those things is true - I am getting married in the fall but at an old Manor/Estate (see wedding details below), which I would ABSOLUTELY NOT change any barn in the world for. My fiance has personal ties to our venue and it means a lot to him so that's where we've decided to begin our forever after. I am currently practicing law and absolutely love my job and the people I work for, but have a deep passion for baking that I do on the side (attempting my own wedding cake, so wish me luck!) I'm a huge fan of breakfast and would have loved to have a breakfast-themed reception dinner, but we're sticking with the more traditional feast so bridal shower brunch it is! Both my fiance and I are animal lovers (doggos more specifically) and are trying to incorporate my family dog into the mix (he's an Old English Sheepdog and just has to be included in the ceremony). Anywhoozle, that's me! Looking forward to getting to know all of the other brides :)

🕐 WEDDING COUNTDOWN...

October 29, 2022

162days 3hrs : 18min
Brooke
Light or Serious Ceremony?
Brooke, On April 19, 2022 at 15:13

Hello fellow Brides! I kind of already have my mind made up about this one, but I was wondering what other brides are doing for their ceremony - keeping it light and humorous, or staying serious and...

Lisa, tuesday 17-May-22 16 158
Jenny
First dance - before or after food?
Jenny, On April 17, 2022 at 10:12

So I’m working on my wedding timeline and my mom and I are disagreeing on this so I’d love some additional input - I want the first dance before the food (with father/daughter and mother/son dances...

Danielle, friday 13-May-22 23 1
Lindsey
How to Organize a Raffle instead of Stag and Doe
Lindsey, On March 16, 2022 at 14:16

With the current Covid-19 situation and the hassle of running a stag and doe, I'm wondering if anyone has tips for running a raffle? We're thinking of doing a classic booze raffle - nice cooler filled...

Hank, saturday 19-Mar-22 4
Amanda
Vendors Table at Reception
Amanda, On March 10, 2022 at 10:11

Hey everyone so I’m having trouble with the seating chart we have 3 vendors (3 people) coming and I don’t know if I should get a whole table (that seats 10) for 3 people. Thoughts about putting them...

Brooke, friday 11-Mar-22 9 1
Amanda
Videographer or not??
Amanda, On March 4, 2022 at 16:46

Hi everyone! I am struggling to decide if I want to hire a cinematographer for our September wedding, however, I can't seem to justify spending an outrageous amount of money on a video that in the end...

Brooke, sunday 6-Mar-22 12 2
Stacey
Head Table
Stacey, On February 5, 2022 at 15:52

Just need some thoughts on the head table at our wedding. Was thinking of just having myself and my "soon to be" husband at the head table. Smaller wedding of only 90 people. What is everyone else...

Stephanie, tuesday 19-Apr-22 24
Amanda
What are you using for your card box?!
Amanda, On February 22, 2022 at 22:58

How are you collecting cards at your wedding? Are you DIY, buying it online, buying in store or even customizing it after buying it?! I can't wait to see everyone's card box! Even if you don’t have...

Amanda, friday 4-Mar-22 13
Jordan
Wedding Party SO's
Jordan, On March 1, 2022 at 13:17

Where did you put your wedding parties significant others? Were debating between a sweetheart table or a head table with the wedding party. None of the wedding parties significant others are in the...

Shelly, saturday 5-Mar-22 17 2
Daphne
Wedding Favours
Daphne, On January 4, 2022 at 13:05

What are people giving as favours? Looking for good ideas for both adults and kids

Vinod, saturday 12-Feb-22 16
A
Lost all motivation
Amanda, On December 19, 2021 at 21:16

Got engaged July 19 2019, the same day we took possession of our new house. January 3 2020 fiancé’s brother informed us he was now engaged and that our time to plan a wedding was over and we had to...

Amanda, monday 27-Dec-21 9
Hank
Grand Entrance Songs
Hank, On November 13, 2021 at 18:54

What songs are you using for your bridal party's grand entrance into the reception? There are a lot of hype tracks out there so curious as to what you plan to use to start the party.

Jennifer, saturday 20-Nov-21 17
Kate
Hair & Makeup Trial
Kate, On November 15, 2021 at 19:03

Hi all! How far in advance/close to are you planning on doing your hair and makeup trials? I was looking to ideally plan it for a time when I have my wedding dress in hand so I can see the whole look...

KELLY, friday 26-Nov-21 12 1
Abbie
Dad/daughter Dance Song
Abbie, On November 15, 2021 at 16:13

Hello all! How did you pick your Father/Daughter song? I’ve always said I wanted to use a song that my Dad and I would dance to when I was really little all the time, but it’s not a song about a...

Jessica, monday 6-Dec-21 35
Laura
Bridal Shower
Laura, On November 12, 2021 at 13:31

My mom, future mother in law and my Maid of Honour (by extension, the bridesmaids) are currently in talks to throw my bridal shower. I can't decide if I want to be in the know of what's going on, or...

Samantha, monday 15-Nov-21 10
Jowell
Faux flowers???
Jowell, On November 11, 2021 at 22:40

Hi all…getting increasingly overwhelmed watching the price tag grow and grow. I decided on 8 bridesmaids and can’t wrap my head around spending $100 each for a bouquet! I found beautiful faux...

Laura, sunday 28-Nov-21 12
Brooke
Wedding Vows! Who's writing their own?
Brooke, On October 22, 2021 at 16:33

Hello brides! My wedding is a year away but I've contemplated on the idea of writing my own vows. My fiance is a shy guy and is most likely going to request to do the traditional "repeat after me"...

Abbie, friday 29-Oct-21 14 212
Brooke
Inviting the Office
Brooke, On September 30, 2021 at 16:00

Hi fellow Brides! I've recently found myself in quite the dilemma as I'm adjusting and readjusting our guest list, and I'm now torn between inviting my office or not... A little backstory is that I've...

Vinod, saturday 16-Oct-21 19 1
Amanda
Choosing Your Venue
Amanda, On October 3, 2021 at 11:54

Lets talk about venues! How many venues did you research and look at before picking "the one"? What made you and your fiance decide on your venue choice? I love hearing all the different kinds of...

Amanda, sunday 17-Oct-21 25 2
Hayley
Wedding “guest Choice Hotel”
Hayley, On September 10, 2021 at 07:47

Has anybody ever done a guest choice hotel? Where are you go to a hotel in there area your wedding is and see if they will give you a special group discount? How do you go about doing this? How far...

Darbi, wednesday 22-Sep-21 4
Haley
Photos - first look or no?
Haley, On August 28, 2021 at 10:25

My fiancé and I are getting married at a venue where we will have the ceremony and reception at the same place. I want to do pictures before but my fiancé wants to be surprised and see m first when...

Brooke, tuesday 21-Sep-21 4
Amanda
Wedding Party
Amanda, On September 12, 2021 at 14:32

Hey Everyone! How many people are in your wedding party? What made you decide on the number of people for your big day? My fiance and I had talked about who we wanted to be in our wedding right after...

Amanda, wednesday 29-Sep-21 50
Brooke
Couples getting married on October 29, 2022 in Ontario
Brooke, On July 15, 2021 at 15:51

Hi fellow October Brides! I'm just reaching out to get to know everyone who's getting married on the same date as me and hopefully be able to bounce ideas off of each other and provide some planning...

Brooke, thursday 12-Aug-21 11 2
Brooke
Flowers - real or fake?
Brooke, On July 28, 2021 at 11:12

Hi everyone! I'm having a dilemma with what to do with flowers for my center pieces. I'm wanting to save as much money as I can when it comes to floral arrangements and use that money towards real...

Julie, wednesday 4-Aug-21 10 1
Brooke
Dinner Music
Brooke, On July 27, 2021 at 09:57

Hi everyone! I'm having some thoughts about what music to play during dinner at the reception - I don't want something that is too party-like but also not boring like elevator music.. I've looked on...

Darbi, wednesday 28-Jul-21 7
Sofia
Themes and colors
Sofia, On July 12, 2021 at 08:35

Hi . what are your themes and colors for your wedding ?? i am not shure and looking for inspirations . but inthink we will gonwithnlikena dark blue or purple or green and white. butninwant everyone...

Audrey, monday 4-Oct-21 48
Brooke
Signature Drink... Thoughts?
Brooke, On July 16, 2021 at 10:09

I'm not entirely sure how it works with an open bar, but to venues typically allow for signature drinks if coordinated with the coordinator and bar tender? Are signature drinks too cliche? What are...

Brooke, friday 16-Jul-21 5
C
Proposal boxes
Chantelle, On July 15, 2021 at 22:43

So very new to this app, already so in love think i found my venue in 2 days.. Going to look at it next week. Im having a very small and intimate day, 20-25 guests, but want it to be everything i want...

Desiree, wednesday 21-Jul-21 6
Kathy
Find our seat
Kathy, On July 16, 2021 at 08:27

Hi everyone! We are having a very small wedding. Only 35-40 people. I’m wanting to dyi a “find your seat” All the options I’ve seen only look good with bigger numbers of guests. Any suggestions on how...

Liberty, saturday 17-Jul-21 11

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics