Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Daphne
Newbie July 2022 Ontario

Wedding Favours

Daphne, on January 4, 2022 at 13:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16

What are people giving as favours? Looking for good ideas for both adults and kids

16 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 12, 2022 at 09:15
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did do favours as crystal motive tealight holders with the Thank You card. Some guests left them behind and some didn't show up as it was packed up end of the night.

Chocolates or anything edible is a nice way to say Thank you to your guests. Even just a simple Thank you card or a donation to you choice of charity under you name is a way for guests to give back as a gift.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I gave cookies as our wedding favours that looks like calendars.

Can’t seem to share the photo here Smiley sad

• Brooke
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Brooke ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing coffee beans in jute bags and calling them "The Perfect Blend." We wanted to do something unique that I've never seen before at a wedding (I've worked my fair share) and we're both coffee lovers as well as our guests!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I found my jars on marketplace for $15 Wedding Favours 1
    Then I put some bling on plastic dollar store tongs and scoops.
  • Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing s’mores bags 😋 I’m diying them and already have the tags and bags, just need marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate. Affordable and you can make s’mores in your oven so most people can eat them.
  • Michelle
    Newbie June 2022 Quebec
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going to give some plants! We started around 60 lemon plants, which will have time to grow a bit for the wedding. However, any plants is nice Smiley smile

Kids do love seeing plants grow!

• Katie
    Frequent user June 2023 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love the colour theme idea! Was thinking of a candy bar but cool to incorporate your wedding colours
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am on the same page as others that favours are often over looked, thrown out, or left behind, and end up being a waste of money but you want to do them (totally fair) so definitely go the edible route. Chocolates would be great for both adults and kids and hopefully they just eat them there and don't leave them behind! You can have m&ms customized with your initials (cheaper than local truffles although delicious) - I don't know how to do this but I've seen it done haha. You could also do a specialty dessert if you don't already have dessert as part of your meal. This way if people don't want it, others can have more or you can likely take the leftovers home. Our photobooth was our favour (and open bar, four course meal, and welcome bags in the hotel... more than enough). It was DIY but one of our photographers took the photos so we developed them and sent them with thank you cards and sent them the digital copies. Photobooths aren't traditionally favours but we thought it was the best way to give our friends and family nice photos of themselves and something else fun to do throughout the evening.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to have a candy buffet. All the candies will be in our wedding colours.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Toronto has a bunch of home brewing stores (I'm sure there are a few in Calgary as well). We did it in the store though because I didn't want to buy the equipment. We were able to choose the type of beer and they supplied the bottles and caps. It's very similar to those make your own wine stores. We got to taste it during the bottling process and adjust it with flavourings like fruit extracts if we wanted to. It was so good.

The labels we just printed ourselves and stuck onto the bottles.

• Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is very cool where did you do this?

• Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was going to skip favors, I think most people don't want/keep them and they are a waste of money. But now I am considering getting each guest a small box of custom chocolates. Maybe with our initials or wedding date on them.

IMO the best favors are edible.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and have decided to opt out of wedding favours. A lot of guests forget to take them home at the end of the night and that could mean money wasted that could be used towards something else.
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My uncle is gifting us handmade gourmet chocolate from his store!
    But someone could do this in a inexpensive way! And everyone loves chocolate so they will for sure be eaten

Here’s what we’re doing These are the actual chocolates https://www.instagram.com/p/CJHg5YRgkS1/?utm_medium=copy_link

These are the boxes but a little bigger for 3 chocolates. I’m getting labels made off Etsy with “love is sweet thank you” and our names
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B2QT2HgAVaK/?utm_medium=copy_link
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/603480851/love-is-sweet-sticker-personalised-party

Here’s what could be done, easy to get this stuff at Michaels or the dollar store https://pin.it/5dHAiyP
    https://pin.it/4SRJh44
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We made our own beer and gave each guest a bottle to take home.

Wedding Favours 2

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've decided to skip favours.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics