Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brooke
Curious October 2022 Ontario

Flowers - real or fake?

Brooke, on July 28, 2021 at 11:12 Posted in DIY 1 10

Hi everyone!

I'm having a dilemma with what to do with flowers for my center pieces. I'm wanting to save as much money as I can when it comes to floral arrangements and use that money towards real flowers for my bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages. I've looked into the possibility of getting faux flowers for my center pieces as I plan to auction them off and give them away at the wedding and don't want to be spending a lot of money on flowers that I'm not even going to be taking with me.

If anyone has any suggestions on places that I can find faux flowers that don't have that fake/tacky look, I'd greatly appreciate it Smiley smile

10 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on August 4, 2021 at 14:53
  • Julie
    Beginner July 2021 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Flowers - real or fake? 1
    Amazon has flowers, pre-made arch flower bundles, and pre-made bouquets for cheap (my bridesmaids and I all had Amazon faux flowers)! You can also purchase extra bouquets and take them apart for other uses.
  • Deborah
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Deborah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went with Jamilah Florals from Mississauga. They rent out faux flowers and they look beautiful and real! I decided to go with them since they're a lot cheaper than real flowers.

• Brooke
    Brooke ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow! I didn’t even think of anything like that! That’s such a neat idea! Thank you Kelsey 😊😊
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Brooke! Not sure if someone has suggested this, but depending on your wedding date and venue and whatnot but if there is someone having a wedding the day before or after you, you could contact them and share flowers or other decor items! You should be able to contact your venue and they can give your info to the other couple and they can contact you if they're interested. It can be a good way to cut costs!
  • Cassy
    Newbie May 2022 Saskatchewan
    Cassy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered dried florals to create our bouquets and some small floral centrepieces.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're using real flowers for centerpieces but they're not big bunches so it significantly reduces the cost. For things like backdrops and arches where people are not up close and looking at them, we're using fake flowers. You can rent them at decor places.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're having fake flowers at our wedding for allergy reasons lol. The flowers I chose are sola wood flowers. They take a lot of time to make yourself. If you want to have a colour you have to dye them yourself plus you have to put a stem on them as well. Flowers - real or fake? 2
    These are some I have dyed.Flowers - real or fake? 3
    And before they are dyed
    They can be any colour you like which I like. They look beautiful when you are done but they can be quite a lot of work.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I are doing artifical flowers!

We went last week to see our florist to see how they're coming along and here's some pictures.!! Flowers - real or fake? 4
    Flowers - real or fake? 5
    Flowers - real or fake? 6
  • Brooke
    Brooke ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Amazing! That's where I have been looking!

Thanks Liberty Smiley smile

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're doing fake flowers! So far I have just bought a couple bunches from Micheals during their 60% off sale!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics