Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laura
Beginner August 2022 Ontario

Bridal Shower

Laura, on November 12, 2021 at 13:31 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10
My mom, future mother in law and my Maid of Honour (by extension, the bridesmaids) are currently in talks to throw my bridal shower. I can't decide if I want to be in the know of what's going on, or whether I want to be completely surprised! What did you lovely people do?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on November 15, 2021 at 13:08
  • S
    Frequent user October 2024 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Laura. Being someone who loves being in control and on top of things, I would love to be a part in the planning. However, I do not see my Mother, let alone my girls allowing me to be a part of the planning..

• Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My sister has asked me what i'm looking for in the shower like theme decor and stuff but it will be a surprise!

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I like this idea! It lets my inner control freak pick something but still allows me to be surprised xD
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh absolutely, it's more that they're consulting me about things and there's a part of me that wants to be involved but also a part that wants to be surprised xD so I was just curious about what others are doing
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Correct! Sorry for the confusion, this is what happens when I make posts during the dying seconds of my lunch break at work 😂😂😂 thanks for the advice!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Usually the bridal shower is something that you are not supposed to be part of in regards to planning it. But if you want to have a say in certain things like theme and decorations, I don't see it being a problem! For myself, my MOH and MIL and my mom are planning mine and I'm leaving it up to them. The only thing I told them was what colors I would like to have and everything else they can plan and it'll be a surprise for me in the end Smiley smile

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The title of your post is misleading - you're just asking if advice for knowing what's happening or not correct? I think it's good to have them run by some things incase they're not sure you like it but if you're confident they know your style well - let them have fun doing it. This way you get to fully relax and enjoy it - no stress! I knew the overall plan (also because of covid we had to split it into two - which was awesome) but no other details. I also had to help make the decision if to move it or not due to the forecast 😅
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Traditionally it's not something you are supposed to plan. I personally don't want a shower so that is what I asked my bridal party to do 😅
  • Brooke
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Brooke ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm planning on having my bridal shower next summer and I've come up with a theme so I, personally, am wanting to have some oversight in it. I will be having my bridal party, mom and mother-in-law help me out as it is another thing to plan on top of all the other wedding planning but it all depends on personal preference! I find planning stuff like that fun and I would absolutely love the help in executing it, so that's where my lovely bridesmaids and family come into the mix. It really comes down to how you want your bridal shower you go Smiley smile

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would just let them handle it. You can offer some opinions so they don't do anything you really dislike but to plan your own shower, or any event that others pay for (like a bachelorette) or where there's an expectation that people give you gifts (like a shower), is a bit tacky in my opinion.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics