Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jowell
Newbie July 2022 Ontario

Faux flowers???

Jowell, on November 11, 2021 at 22:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Hi all…getting increasingly overwhelmed watching the price tag grow and grow. I decided on 8 bridesmaids and can’t wrap my head around spending $100 each for a bouquet! I found beautiful faux arrangements on Etsy..considering the bouquets will be put down and picked up often, and as a souvenir.

Just afraid of the quality - however great reviews. I don’t want to come off cheap, but I was dumb picking such a big bridal party without thinking of cost! Thoughts?
Faux flowers??? 1

12 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on November 28, 2021 at 20:49
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Jowell, If you want real flowers check out Callia. They offer bridesmaids bouquets at only $59 each and the bride options are also affordable. Based on my research, its about the same cost as faux.

• Kayla
    Newbie May 2021 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Faux flowers??? 2
    This was my fully faux bouquet!
  • Kayla
    Newbie May 2021 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I worked with a local faux florist (if that's the correct terminology lol) and I'd recommend that over Etsy FOR SURE! try searching locals in your area. I ended up finding someone who did rentals which was fantastic, because really what else do you need them for? I even negotiated keeping my bridal bouquet as a souvenir but I returned the bridesmaids ones. I will say you really need to look at their past work, I actually tried a different person first who would not take my suggestions and critiques and I ended up with a bunch of bouquets I couldn't use! Ah but you learn!
  • Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree real flowers can be pretty pricing! Although our florist is doing a lot of dried florals for us with is a money saver! If you're not already set on a florist I would scope out a few others to see if they can do a mix of real and dried flowers!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I do agree real flowers are expensive for a bouquet to spend $100. Faux or artificial flowers are less expensive and real looking/feel to it. It seems to be the thing now as our wedding had a white floral ball artificial on a square vase for the centerpiece.

• S
    Frequent user October 2024 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Jowell. I am doing faux flowers for my bridesmaids, boutonnieres and my bouquet. This allows us to save them forever, rather than have them for just one day. Hope this helps Smiley smile

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you tried discussion your budget with your florist? Plenty of florists will do smaller bouquets for bridesmaids that fit most budgets (and certainly a ton that can arrange something for <$100 each).

• Brooke
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Brooke ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am in the exact same boat.. I have (including myself) a total of 7 bouquets to pay for and when meeting with florists, that was always the thing they told me - the size of my bridal party is the killer. We ended up getting super lucky and finding a florist that is going to work with our budget and opt for cheaper flowers as we are getting married in the off season. I hummed and hawed about going the faux flower route but for my centerpieces because if I was going to spend the money on flowers, it was going to be directed towards the bouquets and not something sitting on the tables. If you find that the price of bouquets are outrageous but you want real flowers for them, consider looking at other aspects of your decor where you could use the faux flowers if you're concerned about them looking "cheap." But I've done my research too, and there are absolutely stunning faux flowers out there so don't give up Smiley heart

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I tried sharing some of my photos on my bouquets but can’t seem to see them. Let me know and maybe I’ll send them personally.
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Jowell,
    Oh I totally understand your feeling. Those faux flowers/bouquets looks great on Etsy. You can buy the bouquets and split them into two as well if they are too big as well.

I am so happy that I did not go too crazy with my choice on flowers. I bought roses from Costco Floral online, then bought the greenery and baby’s breath at a flower shop and did it on my own with the help of my sister.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Faux flowers are great in my opinion! Some of them look so real! My fiance and I have gone this route for our wedding and we got ours made this past summer from our florist. This is my bouquet but we also got our head tables, guest tables, corsages and boutonnieres done as well

Faux flowers??? 3

Faux flowers??? 4

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good morning Jowell,

I am considering both at this time myself. If you are near a Michaels they have great sales on their faux flowers (and 40% coupons), perhaps you could put them together instead of having fresh. We are definitely having faux with our table settings as there may be guests with allergies at the tables.

Best of luck,

Kelly

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics