Abbie
Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia

Dad/daughter Dance Song

Abbie, on November 15, 2021 at 16:13 Posted in Wedding reception 0 30
Saved
Hello all! How did you pick your Father/Daughter song? I’ve always said I wanted to use a song that my Dad and I would dance to when I was really little all the time, but it’s not a song about a father/daughter relationship. Any thoughts?

30 Comments

Latest activity by Abbie, yesterday at 12:35
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Aw that’s really cute!
  • Kelsey
    Featured June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Yes! I think they had a story about how she always picked it out at the diner they went to and would dance to it, so it tied in nicely
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    My dad picked the same song as me so I guess we’re in good shape! ☺️
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Aw! Nice!! ☺️
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Rockin Robin? That’s hysterical 😂

Yes, I was very careful to make sure it didn’t have any nonplatonic lyrics Smiley smile
  • Kelsey
    Featured June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    I've had mine picked out since forever, knew Ive always wanted to use it since hearing it as a kid/teen. My little girl by Tim McGraw.
    Honestly, if a song means something to the two of you/your relationship, even if it's not "wedding", use it! I was literally just at a wedding where the father daughter dance was "rockin robin" lol. The golden rule is to just make sure it's not a love song with lyrics like (laying in bed with you, when we touch/make love, that sort of thing)
  • Tunisha
    Featured October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    Hello Abbie 👋🏾

My father and I danced to Fathers and Daughters by Michael Bolton. I love that song! Or any song that Michael Bolton sang.

• K
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    My dad chose our and he chose Tough Little Boys by Gary Allen which is perfect for him
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Aw that’s so sweet! This is the song my dad wants as well ☺️
  • Cassandra
    Beginner August 2022 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    I highly recommend letting your dad pick your song! Mine chose a song that he used to listen to when I was a teenager that always reminded him of me then, now that he's giving me away he said he's been playing it all the time on his Playlist and thinks it would be the perfect song for our dance! I couldn't agree more!
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Agreed! Thank you! ☺️
  • Samantha
    Frequent user May 2022 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute

Hey Abbie. I would say, go with what means something to you and your father. This is a special moment for the two of you.

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    That’s really nice! I’m glad you were able to capture everyone with your choice! ☺️
  • Brooke
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Brooke ·
    • Dispute

I'm a typical "daddy's girl" and always have had a great relationship with my dad so when it came to finding a song that we would dance to at my wedding, I gave him the opportunity to choose it. There's an artist that wrote a song about a father and his son that hit him close to home when my grandfather passed away and that same artist wrote a song about a father and his daughter and it talks a lot about the wedding day and giving the daughter away. It has a nice mixture of myself, my dad and my fiancé and that was the song he wanted. It allowed him to have some involvement in the wedding planning even if he isn't too involved in the typical stuff.

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Thank you, Vinod! 😊
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Thank you, Rayanne! ☺️
  • Rayanne
    Featured January 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    I think a song that has meaning for the two of you is worth way more than what other people think are father/daughter dance songs. Whatever works for you and your dad is the perfect song.
  • Vinod
    Featured August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute

The song means a lot to you and its what you feel is needed to have at your wedding. You have a connection to your dad that should show the trueness of the relationship.

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Agreed ☺️ Thank you!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

I would defiantly go with that song then! It'll be that much more special between you and your dad!

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the input! I want to choose this one because it’s special to us. Plus I used to dance with him to it all the time when I was 3/4 years old.
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    That’s wonderful!! What a nice surprise!
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Oh that’s super special!
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    This is very true 😅😅
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    I have to agree that some of them are a bit much! Thanks for the insight!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute

I would do the song anyways! Who cares if it's not about "father/daughter" You should pick whatever song you want to dance with your father Smiley heart

For my father daughter dance, I had given my dad like 20 different options and he picked Tim McGraw - My Little Girl

• Meghan
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute

I had a song in mind for my dad and I to dance to (He didn't know about) and one day he sent me two songs that he liked and one of the songs was the one that I had in mind so thats what we chose!

• Stephanie
    Frequent user February 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    My FH and I both told our parents to pickthe song. My dad picked this song called my princess by Coffee Anderson. I had never heard it before he told me. And it hit the nail right on the head for me.
  • Carmel
    Featured March 2021 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    The father daughter specific ones are over done and honestly sometimes creepy 😅. Do what feels right for you too! Rhiannon Giddens & Iron & Wine's cover of Forever Young. My dad has ALWAYS encouraged us to stay young (i.e. didn't want us getting jobs too young 😅) and to enjoy every moment while we can, so it was meaningful to us.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute

I say do it. If couples only limit it songs about dads and their kids, every other wedding would more or less have the same dance lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics