Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lindsey
Curious October 2022 Ontario

How to Organize a Raffle instead of Stag and Doe

Lindsey, on March 16, 2022 at 14:16 Posted in Before the wedding 0 4

With the current Covid-19 situation and the hassle of running a stag and doe, I'm wondering if anyone has tips for running a raffle? We're thinking of doing a classic booze raffle - nice cooler filled with drinks accompanied by an LCBO gift card. If you've done one of these I'm looking for advice on:

- Who contributed to the items for the raffle? (family members, couple, wedding party, etc.)

- What is the best way to organize? (printing tickets, collecting money, etc.)

- How much money did you actually make? Is it worthwhile to do?

- Any other tips to make it super successful?

Thanks in advance! Smiley smile

4 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on March 19, 2022 at 19:12
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just a warning that unlicensed online games of chance that involves money, including raffles, are illegal in Ontario. There have been cases throughout the pandemic where people incurred huge fines from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission for running an online raffle.

• Brooke
    Brooke ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Lindsey!

This is a super tough one considering all-things Covid... What my fiancé and I have planned to do is an online Stag and Doe which will also feature a raffle. There's a good website that you can use, called Wix.com that is super user-friendly and not that expensive to operate. It also features different ways of payment for people who are going to participate. As far as prizes go, we've thought of ones that would appeal more to women, such as a spa kit, as well as to men, such as a tool box, and others that are both appealing to women and men, such as a coffee set or like you mentioned, the booze set. When it comes to actually planning and expensing it, we left that to our wedding party (as the tradition goes) and whatever money we make from the raffle, we will reimburse them accordingly and keep whatever money is left from that. I've also seen things where Brides and Grooms have a "Money Jar" set up, for like $2.00 and who's ever jar fills first, gets, for example, a pie in the face. You can make it fun Smiley smile

• Lindsey
    Lindsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good question! I'm thinking like 1 for $5, 3 for $10, or 10 for $20. We definitely plan to do 3 prizes. First place a nice cooler with booze and lcbo gift card, 2nd place ??? 3rd place $100 prepaid visa/mastercard.

Does anyone have a 2nd place prize suggestion?

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How much are you selling raffle tickets for? I feel like you would get more buy in if you have multiple prizes instead of one giant one. People like the idea of a higher chance to win something versus only one chance to win a big thing. But that's just me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics