Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Newbie August 2022 Ontario

Wedding “guest Choice Hotel”

Hayley, on September 10, 2021 at 07:47 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
Has anybody ever done a guest choice hotel? Where are you go to a hotel in there area your wedding is and see if they will give you a special group discount? How do you go about doing this? How far advance should it be done? I am looking to give a shuttle option to my guests, from one pick up location.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Darbi, on September 22, 2021 at 13:18
  • Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We looked into this but the hotel we were hoping to reserve a block of rooms at told us that if our guests didn't end up booking all of the rooms set aside for us we would have to pay the balance of the unreserved rooms. Because we are getting married in Banff and there are so many hotel options we decided against it so we didn't have to end up potentially paying thousands for unbooked rooms. This may just have been the case because of the area but it's definitely something to ask about!

• Brooke
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Brooke ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My venue is at a resort so my hotel is included with a discounted guest price, but if your venue does not have that option, try calling around to different hotels in the area and see what they offer! You'd be surprised at how many hotels offer a blocking of a certain amount of rooms to accommodate guests at a wedding. It's great business for them and I'm sure there's one that would be able to give you a rough idea on pricing Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I had called a few of the hotels (we picked for options, high medium and low prices) that we were thinking people would want to stay at and they gave us a groups rate with a code, so when people booked, the hotel knew that they were staying for our wedding and they would also get the room at a discount. We did ours a year before our wedding since where we're getting married, hotels fill up super fast.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Typically you can get a good rate either by a venue referral or calling a hotel and holding a large number of rooms. Ask your venue if they have a partner hotel and if not, call a hotel that's within your venue's range and ask what kind of group discounts are available.

Each hotel will vary: some will require a minimum number of booked rooms, some will hold until a certain date before releasing to the public. Some may require a deposit on your end to guarantee the hold.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics