Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stacey
Frequent user October 2022 Ontario

Head Table

Stacey, on February 5, 2022 at 15:52 Posted in Wedding reception 0 24
Just need some thoughts on the head table at our wedding. Was thinking of just having myself and my "soon to be" husband at the head table. Smaller wedding of only 90 people.

What is everyone else doing?

24 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on April 19, 2022 at 16:51
  • Stephanie
    Featured February 2024 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This makes perfect sense. I think I'll do this too!!!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My MOH did that and it worked well and looked nice!
  • Brooke
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Brooke ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a large wedding party (total of 14 people) so my fiancé and I decided to a two-tier head table where myself, my fiancé, my two maids of honour and his two bestmen are going to sit on top of a small platform and have the remainder of our wedding party sit at a longer table in front of us.

• Amanda
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It will be just a sweetheart table for us! I don’t want to split up our bridal party from their boyfriends/girlfriends, I also want to have some time alone with just my future hubby and I.
  • Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This makes me smile. I love this community
  • Stacey
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love your idea! It will be beatuful!

Thanks for this. Hearing that they're others doing this, makes me feel more more certain that's it what I want ❤
  • Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were going to have a head table with 1 table on each side for his 3 men and my 3 ladies, but then as i was going along i changed my mind to have a sweetheart table with a high leather couch. This way it is truly about us Smiley smile

We are not having a small wedding and am still doing this. so with 90 guest it will definitely work

• D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are not having a true 'head table', but we are having the wedding party (8 people) seated at 1 table facing opposite each other, in the middle of the room. The reception room has 13 tables of 8 each (circular tables). We decided to do it this way so we could chat with each other easier at the dinner and so it would be easier for us to visit with the guests as well.
  • Stacey
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great plan! 🥰
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Not at all I'll have a 23 and 24 year old at that time plus the little ones that will be 7 and 9. The older two will be will my sister brother in law and a family friend and her husband.
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Again this is completely up to you ! When seating my guests, I put younger people ages 16 and in 20s together because I think they would have more fun ! And older people together, but they are are your kids so maybe you want to sit with them!
    Remember too it’s just dinner and speeches guests can move around and dance or whatever after that’s done!
  • Stacey
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhh, great idea.
    Our boys are 20, 18 & 16...and it's an odd number for the head table. My son is 20, so he would sit next to me, then my fiancee son's are 18 & 16 which would sit on his side. So it's odd to begin with. 🤔🤔 And kids that age have no desire to sit up there, lol.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes for sure. We have kids as well and they are sitting at the kids table. It'll be between our table and the table with the other kids parents.
  • Stacey
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great idea!

We're a blended family, and our 3 boys will be our wedding party. I think they rather sit with family or their dates, lol.
  • Stacey
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks 🥰

We're a blended family, and our 3 boys will be our wedding party. I think they rather sit with family or their dates, lol.
  • Stacey
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ha ha ha!

• Stacey
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree Smiley smile
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided to do just My fiance and i at the head table we only havr a BM/MOH and 60 people max but also it's just easier that way/brings less drama picking and choosing who can sit with us lol
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren't doing a traditional head table. We are just sitting at a regular table his best man and his wife my maid of honour and her boyfriend and one of our wedding guests that I just can't figure out where else to put him lol. I can't stand the thought of everyone taking our picture or paying too much attention to us while we eat....cause I am going to eat 😆
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think just you guys at the head table makes the most sense then! I think it'll help you focus on the day being about your new marriage ☺️
  • Stacey
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Smiley smile

I guess I should have mentioned that we're a blended family and we're not really having a traditional wedding party. My fiancee has two boys and I have one, so the 3 if them will be our wedding party and thinking they would rather sit with family. We're all pretty laid back and just want everyone to enjoy themselves Smiley smile

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had our parents sit with us. They are the reason we are where we are today. Traditionally in Jewish weddings it is immediate family that sits at the head table. We would have sat just us two before splitting up our wedding party from their partners too - that's the absolute worst. I have other opinions on that too but I'm going to keep them to myself lol.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can do whatever your hearts desire! It's your wedding! I think a sweetheart tables are very romantic!

My fiance and I only have one person standing up for each of us and they'll be sitting with us at the head table. But of course we want them sitting up at our table with us
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just what I’ve seen online it’s totally personal preference! I’ve heard people say they loved having a sweetheart table because they had time alone and then I’ve seen people say they had it and wished they didn’t so they could spend more time with their people!
    Im doing a big head table but that’s Because my fiancé and I want to spend time with those people! We haven’t seen them in forever now that we all have kids and we’re so excited to celebrate with them! But that’s just our personal preference!

Think you have to go with your gut on what you and your fiancé will feel most happy doing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics