Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Choosing Your Venue

Amanda, on October 3, 2021 at 11:54 Posted in Plan a wedding 2 25

Lets talk about venues! How many venues did you research and look at before picking "the one"? What made you and your fiance decide on your venue choice? I love hearing all the different kinds of venues there are around the country! Can't wait to hear about them all Smiley heart

I had suggested Kelowna BC where I grew up as a kid. I had always thought that I would get married in this city. It's always had my heart. I've had this one winery in my mind for a very long time and my family and I always go there every summer. It's called Summerhill Pyramid Winery. Beautiful scenery, it's just absolutely breathtaking! Once I had shown my fiance pictures of what the venue looked like and what it offered, we were both completely sold on the idea of getting married in Kelowna! We didn't look at any other places! We had sent an email about a week after we had gotten engaged to the winery and put a deposit down for our wedding date!

Choosing Your Venue 1

Choosing Your Venue 2

Choosing Your Venue 3

Choosing Your Venue 4

Choosing Your Venue 5

Choosing Your Venue 6

Choosing Your Venue 7

Choosing Your Venue 8

Choosing Your Venue 9

Choosing Your Venue 10

25 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on October 17, 2021 at 12:28
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome! It sounds like you had a beautiful day Smiley heart

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Husband suggested the venue we looked at first and got a second view close to home. First choice was picked over the second for many reasons:

Half the cost for the venue, food and open bar vs. twice the price for gazebo rental, banquet hall rental, food and bar (various prices for different ages)

4 course meals vs. main course paid for part of 4 course meal.

5 hor d'ouvres included of any choice vs. paying for hor d'ouvres if we wanted to serve

Late night buffet vs. none available

Ceremony set up and seat covers vs. ceremony set up and paying for chair covers

Dance floor put on at no charge vs. bigger dance floor

Excellent wedding coordinator services vs. misleading services and needed to correct their fix their information for clients.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! It's been a long 2 years coming thanks to covid lol

• Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks girl! I'm so excited for you as well Smiley love

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your venue is gorgeous! I'm excited for you!
  • Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married at a barn venue! Ceremony and reception at the same place! Ceremony outside (weather permitting) if inclement weather then the owners of the venue just finished the basement of the barn and we'll have the ceremony there and the reception will be in the upstairs of the barn! its such a gorgeous venue, it was the only one we checked out and we knew we wanted to get married there. It's very private off a back dirt road acres on acres they have horses that we can take pictures with also, outdoor and indoor bar its just all around perfect! I'm so excited!

Choosing Your Venue 11

Choosing Your Venue 12

Choosing Your Venue 13

Choosing Your Venue 14

Choosing Your Venue 15

• Meghan
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's amazing! Congratulations again! So happy to see other couples making there wedding dreams come true Smiley smile

Thankfully we have WeddingWire to help us all out!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Even though we didn't get the chance to tour the venue before we booked, I've been there so many times. Every time I go back home, my girlfriends and I always do a wine tour there.

WeddingWire is a major help for sure!

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It is crazy what pictures can do! And I'm so happy for you that you have booked your dream venue!

I love WeddingWire it's perfect for finding venues and other vendors Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's crazy how pictures can sell you on something! I did that with my fiance when I showed him the place I always wanted to get married at since I was a little girl and as soon as he saw the photos it was a done deal!

That's wonderful to know that WeddingWire has helped Smiley heart

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! It truly is beautiful. They have lots of beautiful pictures on there WeddingWire profile. The photos of people real weddings there really sold us on touring it ourselves as well! Grateful for that feature on here!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome to hear! I'm excited for you and your big day! Hearing about the waterfall sounds beautiful Smiley heart

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I looked at almost all of the possible venues online, here on WeddingWire in Ontario. But then we can across Millcroft Inn & Spa in Alton, Ontario. It looked so beautiful online that we had to take a tour in person to really see if it was as beautiful as the pictures. And my goodness! It was even more breathtaking in person and the day we toured it was pouring rain! And we still fell in love with it! From waterfall and wedding garden outside to exposed stone interior walls in the reception room. It's honestly the perfect venue for us. We didn't have the need to tour any other venues, even though that was the first one we visited in person.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's great to hear! It's definitely hard to find smaller spaces for sure!. The space looks great!
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were originally just going to do our reception in our backyard and hire caterers. Then I decided I didn't really feel like setting up and cleaning up after my own wedding lol. We wanted something very intimate and modern. We looked into probably 7-10 venues online, but only ended up going to see 2 in person. We had such a hard time finding an appropriate place for a wedding of only 40 guests. We ended up booking a private room at a restaurant in downtown Calgary and I could not be happier with the space. Large enough for 40 guests for dinner and a ceremony and no extra venue fee.

Choosing Your Venue 16

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so wonderful to hear! Can't wait to see pictures of your day!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Researched 25, visited around 12, picked ours after all the variables were calculated and it was the best decision we made with our wedding. The staff was great, we had the banquet space all to ourselves (none of this multiple weddings split by wall in the same room or sharing the same lobby business), and a completely customizable menu. Our venue has been the complete opposite of all the horror stories I've been hearing and seeing when it comes to how venues were treating their clients during covid. I can't speak any more highly of our venue and their team.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sound like a beautiful place! You're going to have a wonderful day ❤❤
  • Brooke
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Brooke ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had always dreamed of a very country chic, rustic wedding where I would get married in a barn and be surrounded by wooden antiques and greenery. Once I got engaged, that's exactly the route my fiancé and I took when starting our research for venues and pricing out different options. Well, it just so happens that when we were touring a barn venue but it wasn't what we were anticipating, not even 10 minutes away was this beautiful historic manner with over 240 acres of land and incredible history tied to it that my fiancé used to go to with his parents when he was a kid! We stopped in just to grab a wedding brochure, went home and crunched our numbers, set an appointment to do a proper tour and we were hooked! It was a long process looking at venues, and even though I'm not getting married in a barn like I had one day dreamed of doing, I'm marrying my best friend in a venue we both fell in love with and wouldn't change Smiley heart Its called the Briars Resort and Spa in Jacksons Point, Ontario.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Pyramid Lake is absolutely beautiful! That's the one place we always go and have a beach day and take our tubes onto the lake!

I hear ya on that. We'll be taking everything with us next summer to BC but for sure the views are defiantly worth it in the end!

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It will be amazing!

We married lakeside at Pyramid Lake Island. The reception was close by at Jasper stables in their gazebo.
    It was a lot of work packing for the wedding as we live close to Edmonton too. But the views were worth all of the work.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I honestly can't wait to get married back home!

It sounds like you had a beautiful wedding! The firepit really looks nice in that picture! Where in Jasper did you get married?! My fiance and I go there at least 4 times a year same with Banff since we live in Edmonton

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so wonderful to hear! You're going to have a beautiful day Smiley heart I can't wait to see pictures of your wedding Smiley heart

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is a beautiful spot!

We both love Jasper so we decided to get married there. We toured a couple of venues, but instantly fell in love with our venue as we wanted an elegant, but rustic venue. And the fire pit was the greatest thing of all for us.
    Choosing Your Venue 17
    Choosing Your Venue 18

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had been to a wedding at our venue once it was beautiful and food was great. When I looked at the price and that it checked every single box it just slowly became the place we had to get married. Honestly I am so happy that we picked the Americana. I know it is a banquet hall but they have been truly amazing through rescheduling and helping us get through this last year. They have been so easy to work with and they have just gone above and beyond. With having a winter wedding we just felt that we didn't want anyone doing any extra traveling. We can have ceremony, reception and accommodations altogether for everyone. Local guests can taxi there and home without worrying about getting around. Out of town guests don't have to rely on GPS to find everywhere they need to be. It was the only place we actually went to visit we must have looked at at least 20 different places on-line.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics