Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Wedding Party

Amanda, on September 12, 2021 at 14:32 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 50

Hey Everyone! How many people are in your wedding party? What made you decide on the number of people for your big day?

My fiance and I had talked about who we wanted to be in our wedding right after we had gotten engaged and we both agreed that we wanted a small wedding party!

We're defiantly not the typical couple that's going to have 5 or 6 people on each side standing up for us on our big day. We both agreed that we didn't want people in our wedding party just because everyone else has big bridal party's at their weddings. We wanted our group to be people we were really close with and pictures last a life time! Don't ever feel obligated to have people stand up for you just because you've known them for x amount of years!

So we decided to have one person on each side standing up for us.

My MOH is my best friend of 7 years and my fiance's BM is his younger brother.

50 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on September 29, 2021 at 23:24
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds beautiful Smiley heart You're going to have a wonderful day with those people by your side Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It sounds like you're going to have a beautiful day with a great group of people by your side Smiley heart

• Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided on 5 people each but we also come from big families! I have my two sister my cousin my best friend who is my sons godmother and my other best friend who is my other half I couldn't picture doing this day without any of them by my side! and my fiance chose is childhood best friend two step brothers and two brother in-laws so it was a no brainer for him! you do and choose what you're most comfortable with its your day!

• Stacey
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I'm worried what others would think if we skipped that all together too.
  • Carly
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We opted to keep our wedding party VERY small, because once you ask one friend you have to ask those other two friends in the group, and it snowballs pretty fast. My MOH is my cousin (more like a sister to me) and my bridesmaids are my closest friend, and my two future sis-in-laws. My fiance's best man is his brother and his groomsmen are his cousin, my brother, and his brother-in-law.

So basically, we're having eight people total and only one person up there ISN'T family. The last thing I want is to look at our wedding photos in 20 years and see several friends that we've drifted away from – we're really tight with our families so this just made sense for us. I find it more special and intimate this way too!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's wonderful to hear! Sometimes it works for the best!
  • J
    Newbie September 2022 British Columbia
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are both lucky to have a lot of friends and our venue is very small, so we decided to skip the bridal party all together. This way we don’t hurt anyone’s feelings and save our friends a good chunk of money 😊
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm excited for the both of you Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WOW!!! That's a big number!! You'll have a great day with these people by your side Smiley heart

• D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Amanda, we are very optimistic!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Absolutely! Everybody is different 100% I'm sure you'll have an amazing day with those 16 people Smiley heart

• Kathleen
    Beginner August 2022 Quebec
    Kathleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s all about what makes you happy . We are having 16 ( 8 on each sides ) he actually wanted more because they are a group of close friends since high school but I think 16 is already a lot of people 😂
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's wonderful to hear ❤❤
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had 3 each. We had limited space in our venue and 8 was the most that could fit at the head table. But we decided to have 3 before we knew the maximum amount of people we could fit. We were also able to all fit in our van we rented for the wedding so that worked great for transportation for the wedding photos too.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's wonderful that you have your best friend of 20+ years and 12+ years to stand up there with you. You're going to have an amazing day Smiley heart

• Angel
    Beginner August 2022 Alberta
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will each have 4...I have my Best Friend of 20+ years as MOH, my sister, my future step-daughter and my other friend of 12+ years. He has his Best Friend of 20+ years as his BM, our 14 year old twin boys and another friend of 20+ years. We originally had just three each side, but our fourths are a couple and we couldn't imagine not having them stand up with us!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's great that you have a lot of people for your big day and of course everyone is different! I hope your day is amazing Smiley heart

• junielien_
    Beginner July 2023 Alberta
    junielien_ ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are having a larger wedding party of 12, 6 on each side. Including us a total of 14. Honestly, it's a personal choice. If you don't want a lot of people in your wedding party then you don't have to. Do what makes you happy

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

As long as you're happy, that is all that matters Smiley heart

• Brooke
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Brooke ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think whatever makes you happy at the end of the day, is the most important thing and it'll be beautiful Smiley heart

My fiancee and I are having a larger wedding party (6 on each side) so including us, there's 14 in total, but here's why - I have two best friends that I wasn't able to choose between to be my maid of honour and my fiancee is in the same boat. With that, I have 4 other girls in my core group growing up that I wouldn't dream not having them stand beside me on our special day & my fiancee is the same way. Yes, it's a large group but its the group that makes my wedding all that more special because they are special people to me. That's what makes me happy and I'm excited about it Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful! I'm sure you'll have a great day Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It sounds like you'll have a great day with great people by your side!

• Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I felt the same way, we were going to just have a MOH and BM, then after thinking some more i wanted to have my twin sisters by my side so now we have my twins sister as bridesmaids and he has his 2 close friends as groomsmen. so we now have 3 and 3.

for us it works out to have a small wedding party because it is much easier in all ways

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can set the number for each side of your wedding party. Choose who you want to stand by your side on your day. We chose only one each of MOH and BM (Best Man) for each side as the colours did indicate who was whos choice. It was nice and simple to make our choices upon whom we knew would be up with us being close.

• D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having 4 aside , including Matron of Honor and Best Man. My fiancee's brother and son are groomsmen, and 2 of my co-workers are bridesmaids along with my fiancee's daughter. Our best friends are the MOH & Best Man.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's wonderful to hear! Ours was easy picks as well Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Curious September 2023 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s true ! Thankfully ours were easy picks Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's ok if you have an odd number. Odd numbers are common these days!

• Amanda
    Curious September 2023 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only have 4 really close girlfriends, and my fiance has 5 really good friends. An odd number but we're going to have the 1 extra groomsmen walk both our moms Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It sounds like you'll have a beautiful day Smiley heart

• Brooke
    Beginner November 2022 Ontario
    Brooke ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Three: my older sister, younger sister, and younger NB sibling. They won't be standing, though; it's a traditional High Church Anglican ceremony with Eucharist and will be about 90 minutes long. No one is standing that whole time! He is probably not going to have anyone; I need the train and veil and bouquet management assistance, so they'll process up and have seats close by me.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yessssss!! It’s driving me crazy!! I cannot anymore. I’m trying to get over it slowly. I really can’t stress it.
    He thinking to re-add 2 couples that we’ve uninvited. 🤦🏽‍♀️ They don’t even care to be vaccinated.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics