Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Haley
Newbie March 2022 Ontario

Photos - first look or no?

Haley, on August 28, 2021 at 10:25 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
My fiancé and I are getting married at a venue where we will have the ceremony and reception at the same place. I want to do pictures before but my fiancé wants to be surprised and see m first when walking down the aisle. I don’t want to leave half way through to go take pictures and then come back for the reception. Any ideas?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Brooke, on September 21, 2021 at 17:16
  • Brooke
    Beginner November 2022 Ontario
    Brooke ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm also a Brooke and thinking about doing a first look with my dad! Despite having four daughters, one didn't want any of the traditional father/daughter stuff (and he never let on to her how sad he was, just respected her choice and was supportive), one just had a micro wedding at home with no traditional anything, one plans to elope, and then there's me. I adore my father who has really ripened into prime Dad form, and he would tell me I'm beautiful and kind and smart even if I showed up drunk with a black eye for the first look.

• Brooke
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Brooke ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I definitely love the idea of a first look photo, but with your finacee's idea, you kind of get the best of both worlds. He still gets to see you for the "first time" coming down the isle and so does everyone else on top of them being able to share that experience with the both of you. My fiancee and I have talked about that too and we've decided that me walking down the isle would be our "first look." I am, however, doing the traditional first look photo with my dad because he's a huge part in my life.

Hope that helps Smiley heart

• Trish
    Newbie November 2021 British Columbia
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So any outdoor snow photos you're aiming for will be during the evening/night sky anyway

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What's your timeline looking like? Since you're in March and not in a church, your ceremony will likely take place when the sky is pretty dark. So any outdoor snow photos you're aiming for will be during the evening/night sky anyway. You can keep your photographer later in the evening and have them take private photos with you on the grounds while your crew cleans up.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics