Skip to main content
Megan
Megan

St Jacobs, Ontario · From April 2021

Engaged to my partner of 7+ years, Darren April 17th, 2021! Getting married July 22nd, 2023.

Happily married 🎉

July 22, 2023

302days 0hrs : 21min
Emily
Officiant Cost
Emily, On October 18, 2021 at 17:18

I'm just curious to see what other people paid their officiant! I've come across such a different range of prices and I'm trying to figure out what a normal price point would be.

Smith, sunday 13-Nov-22 34 1
C
Have any of you heard getting a gift even...
Carine, On July 7, 2022 at 10:20

Have any of you heard, that it's customary to give a bride and groom a wedding gift if you were invited, and you RSVP not attending. What are your thoughts on this?

Carine, wednesday 13-Jul-22 18
Jenny
First dance - before or after food?
Jenny, On April 17, 2022 at 10:12

So I’m working on my wedding timeline and my mom and I are disagreeing on this so I’d love some additional input - I want the first dance before the food (with father/daughter and mother/son dances...

Megan, wednesday 6-Jul-22 28 1
C
Thank you cards Yay or Nay?
Carine, On July 5, 2022 at 15:52

So my FMIL brought up thank you cards, that it's a nice gesture especially when people paid for a gift or gave money. I recently went to a bridal shower never got anything and then went to their...

Carine, wednesday 21-Sep-22 32
E
Who pays for bridesmaids dresses/hair/makeup?
Ebony, On June 12, 2022 at 23:11

Hey everyone, I’m wondering if you brides are paying for your bridesmaids dresses and their hair/makeup? If not, how did you tell them? I’m not really sure what the norm is Thanks!!!

Kaitlin, monday 7-Aug-23 20
Kathryn
Where do i start?
Kathryn, On November 15, 2021 at 14:18

Hi I got engaged in September of this year and I am slowly starting to plan little things here and there and get new ideas. We are getting married in 2023 but don’t have an official date yet. I am...

Tunisha, sunday 12-Dec-21 22
Rebecca
Save the date Cards 2023 - when to send?
Rebecca, On November 17, 2021 at 14:06

Hello beauties!!! so we have finally picked our venue just working out a couple logistics around securing it but that's basically done!! now I'm looking at save the date cards & wondering the best...

Megan, thursday 9-Dec-21 13
Meghan
Wedding Day Gifts for your spouse
Meghan, On November 21, 2021 at 09:32

Has anyone not exchanged gifts with your spouse the day of? My FH doesn't really want to exchange gifts cause he feels we just paid for this wedding plus we are getting rings that he doesn't see the...

KELLY, tuesday 11-Jan-22 12
Genna
Changing name or hyphenating debate. Need advice
Genna, On November 28, 2021 at 18:18

I live in Alberta and my current last name is linked to my business and of course shows up on my taxes. I have 2 concerns. 1. I dont want to have to change ALL my information to accommodate the new...

Megan, thursday 9-Dec-21 4
C
Day of coordinator? Worth it? Or not?
Cassandra, On November 23, 2021 at 04:45

Hey everyone! Getting married August 27, 2022 at a private venue (the Legion). I'm on the fence about having a day of coordinator. I met one recently at a wedding show and loved hearing all the little...

Christine, monday 13-Dec-21 18
KELLY
Officiant pricing based on # of attendees
KELLY, On November 23, 2021 at 13:36

Hey everyone! I have been looking for an officiant for some time and keep getting blind sided by pricing. There are many I have researched on WW that post pricing starting at $200 which only...

KELLY, tuesday 14-Dec-21 12 1
C
Send message to all guests
Christine, On November 30, 2021 at 00:22

HI, How do i send a message to all the guests ? There's only 3 options: online invitation, request RSVP and request address. I'm not sending an invitation and the last 2 doesn't allow me to message...

Lynnie, tuesday 15-Nov-22 9
A
Rehearsal dinner
Alyx, On December 8, 2021 at 15:15

How do I invite the people who are coming to my rehearsal dinner? I will have the rehearsal at the venue and the dinner (a bbq) at our Airbnb Do I put this on the invitations? Or do I send a Facebook...

Tunisha, sunday 12-Dec-21 9
Tanya
What questions should you ask an officiant?
Tanya, On December 6, 2021 at 09:34

My Fiance and I are meeting with a potential officiant tonight. What questions should I ask? or what questions do you wish you had asked your officiant?

Vinod, saturday 11-Dec-21 6
A
Vendors not replying
Alyx, On December 3, 2021 at 16:27

My wedding is still 10 months away but I’ve had a few vendors not email me back for months at a time. I’m not going to name names. At first they were all really good at replying. And I understand that...

Alyx, saturday 11-Dec-21 23
Kate
Workout plan/personal training?
Kate, On December 3, 2021 at 19:32

Curious if anyone did personal training leading up to their wedding (SUPER costly I know). I work out regularly and am pretty active already, but am considering it around 3 months or so before the...

Dessa, thursday 31-Aug-23 14
Jacquie
When to book Hair and Make-up
Jacquie, On September 28, 2021 at 18:17

I wasn't going to even start thinking about hair and makeup till in the new year, but now I am hearing some stylists are already booking well into summer 2022. When are you planning on booking hair...

Meghan, thursday 30-Sep-21 11
Megan
Choosing a Dj
Megan, On September 24, 2021 at 12:54

Anything in particular to look for when hiring a DJ? I'm really torn between two DJs. One is slightly more expensive but not enough to be crazy concerned about. Both have all 5 star reviews. Anything...

Amanda, saturday 25-Sep-21 2 114
Taylor
Kid-free Wedding
Taylor, On August 30, 2021 at 12:41

I'm sure this has been asked many times before but I couldn't figure out what wording to use to search the discussions so please bear with me. We will not he inviting kids to our wedding and I'm...

Vinod, tuesday 31-Aug-21 9
Brittany
2023 Wedding Date-is it too early to start planning? Yay or Nay?
Brittany, On January 20, 2021 at 14:29

Hey Y'all! My fiancé and I got engaged on October 27th 2020 on the same day we received our keys to our first home together! It was a complete surprise & I am busting at the seams to start the...

Megan, monday 30-Aug-21 27 2
Kelsea
Transportation for guests
Kelsea, On August 27, 2021 at 11:48

Question for all - our wedding venue is approximately 20 minutes from the closest hotels. We are trying to lower the costs for our wedding and we have been quoted about $600 for transportation...

Leah, saturday 28-Aug-21 6 1
Rose
Couples getting married on July 29, 2023 in Ontario
Rose, On August 26, 2021 at 14:37

Hi everyone! My name is Rose and my fiance's name is Justin. We are super excited to plan our July wedding in 2023. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Rose, sunday 12-Sep-21 10
Sara
Wedding Venue wants 70% upfront, but still under construction
Sara, On August 20, 2021 at 17:04

So we found a venue that checked all our boxes for us, large indoor space with a great aesthetic based on their descriptions so far, large heated covered patio incase covid restrictions come back into...

RonAnthony, monday 27-Sep-21 8
K
What to tell people?
Kimberly, On August 16, 2021 at 09:29

Hi Everyone I've been finding myself stressed lately as I work closely with patients in an extended health care field and I've had multiple clients say "Why bother having a big wedding? Why not just...

Megan, thursday 26-Aug-21 5
Hailey
Guest list stress/vent
Hailey, On August 15, 2021 at 10:44

I’m mostly writing this for venting/just to talk it out with you all as I feel you all might understand more than friends who aren’t planning a wedding. So my fiancé and I went to a friends...

Megan, thursday 26-Aug-21 12
A
Mandatory Service Deposit for Vendors
Anonymous, On August 11, 2021 at 14:25

Hello, I am posting this as an anonymous person but I am curious, as being newly engaged and looking at wedding vendors, many require non-refundable deposits to be made. Now this is understandable...

Vinod, monday 16-Aug-21 4
Erin
Transportation
Erin, On August 9, 2021 at 22:47

Hey everyone! Were having a small wedding, and only need transportation TO the venue (about 20min travel time). As of right now, most of the limo companies will charge for a 5 hour minimum (around...

Tunisha, tuesday 10-Aug-21 6
C
Wine for open bar
Chelsea, On August 8, 2021 at 15:21

Trying to figure out my open bar. Having the hardest time figuring out a red and white wine for the guests. Not trying to break the bank but also have some 'winos' so don't wanna feed them pure sugar....

Derek, thursday 26-Aug-21 9
Sara
Choosing between indoor or outdoor venue?
Sara, On August 9, 2021 at 09:41

We have two choices for a venue right now, a tented outdoor reception or an indoor reception at a hall. The date would be August 27th, 2022. Has anyone had or is planning to have a tented reception...

Hank, monday 9-Aug-21 2
Desiree
Wedding day nose ring or no nose ring
Desiree, On August 7, 2021 at 11:27

It’s wedding day and I have a question I normally wear a hop in my nose so for wedding day I bought a smaller more dainty one but I’m curious should I go no nose ring or keep it?

Malissa, friday 20-Aug-21 10
M
Honouring people who couldn't make it
May, On August 7, 2021 at 21:22

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has some ideas as to how to honour people who have passed. I am not really a fan of the seat-saving thing, and we also have a total of more than 5 people that have passed....

Vinod, monday 16-Aug-21 9
A
Is It Cold Feet?
Amanda, On August 7, 2021 at 22:26

Ok, so im very nervous and anxious to even open up about this. I have been with my partner for 16yrs. Long story short there has been alot of discussion about marriage. We have a beautiful 5 1/2yr old...

Megan, monday 9-Aug-21 4

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics