Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Super September 2022 Alberta

Vendors not replying

Alyx, on December 3, 2021 at 16:27 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 23
My wedding is still 10 months away but I’ve had a few vendors not email me back for months at a time. I’m not going to name names.
At first they were all really good at replying. And I understand that they are very busy this year and the holidays are coming up.
Is it desrespectful for me to politely ask if they received my email ? Or should I just wait after the holidays? I have a meeting with one of the vendors in person in January. Some things came up that we have to change it to the day after of the original date we planned. We are driving from BC to Alberta for this it’s a 10 hour drive with a 1 year old. And this vendor is not replying to me about this meeting. My worry is if I wait the vendor will be booked for the day we need. But i don’t want to be rude and say have you got my email? I can see on their Instagram they are posting stories and have events so they are just busy! Hopefully I make sense in my question of do I leave it or keep emailing them till they reply? Lol

23 Comments

Latest activity by Alyx, on December 11, 2021 at 17:10
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes definitely understand up coming projects for vendors , it has been a bit concerning with this one vendor of ours. We are trying to plan our Christmas holidays around this .. and still no reply. They have never given me their number so I will have to call the company on Monday and hopefully everything will be sorted!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Some vendors may not be that great to get back to you on time as you want as much as they get busy with upcoming projects/working on current ones. It seems they may have communication issues due to not checking their emails as often to know the clients are needing reassurance such as yourselves. Its a terrible thing to feel silenced and unwanted answers for a long period.

The steps to take than to wait and feel reassured about the meeting taking place in January would be to call and verify if they still are on track or cancel and get the deposit back if they aren't free to provide their time and service.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes totally understandable!! It’s good to be proactive for sure! Then you will have less stress later! I think us brides are all hoping that Covid won’t be an issue for 2022 and our wedding can go forward!!! Sending positive vibes your way! 🥰
  • J
    Newbie April 2022 Quebec
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In some cases, I’ve found that a few of my vendors just don’t use their email very much. To contact my reception venue, for example, we have to pretty much call them.

Generally, though, I wait a week or two and give them a gentle nudge. If I hadn’t already put in a deposit and they aren’t getting back to me, I look for other options (but that’s if you have the opportunity.)
    In general, though, the vendors I’ve booked with have also been responsive. That’s not the only reason I went with them, of course, but you want to feel assured that they’ll take care of what they’ve been contracted to do properly and in a timely manner.
    I hope that helps.
  • Lindsay
    Frequent user June 2023 British Columbia
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My wedding is in June 25th 2023 and yes I do have time but with Covid it made things rushed cause people are now booking in advance, here in BC we may have extended Covid measures cause of the new variant Smiley sad which may mean 2022 maybe affected (which I hope not)
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I just took a look at your profile I was going to say if you were getting married in Alberta the maby studio is the decor rental place I’m going with and Ruby is so great and she’s so considerate with pricing.
    But your in BC have you taken a look at Devine decor? Looks like they have very elegant pieces

Fino decor is another one I saw that looks very elegant! There prices are right on there site with a bunch of different packages!
    Weddings ect we do , this one looks a bit more pricey , she’s a wedding planner and she has rental packages!
    I see from your profile you said you wanted an elegant vibe so I hope that helps a bit! I just went to your venues Instagram and went to elegant photos and looked at there caption of who the vendors they worked with !
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes you still got some time so there isn’t too much of a rush , good for you!! ☺️
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Like a decor rental company ?? Is your wedding going to be in Alberta?
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m trying to find a decorator and some of them don’t reply to my messages ugh. I have got most of my vendors which is good though.
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s a bit frustrating when your paying all this money and just need a simple email back! But I’m trying to be understanding that they are busy during the holidays I guess..
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have the same problem when some vendors are super busy or don’t even care cause my wedding is a year and a half away. Smiley sad
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes all vendors are booked and paid , and I totally agree!!
    Thanks!!
    I sent an email this morning so hopefully I get a reply this week 😅
  • Megan
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A lot of people say that vendors are busy but to me this is unacceptable. You have (I'm assuming) paid deposits and while of course they aren't going to be at your beck and call, they should be available to answer questions, etc. Send another email for sure. If they have time for marketing on Instagram they should have time for the clients they already have. I'm not sure if I have much advice but I can definitely empathize with your stressing over it.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think you need to wait a certain amount of time before you reach out again. I would send them an email right now asking if they got your email. There's no harm in that. For me personally, if I'm traveling all the way to another province to finalize everything, I would want to get things sorted out right away, not later on.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay thank you!! 😊
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay, I thought you were concerned because they're not actively reaching out or engaging with you for months at a time. But if they're the ones initiating the meeting yet not responding to your inquiries, especially when you have to make significant travel plans to meet them, that's a whole different story. In that case, I don't think you need to wait and should reach out to them now.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m not going to get into details because I don’t want to put this vendor on blast. Just looking for some advice.
    They were the ones who emailed me first about finalizing this and having a meeting.
    Like I said in my post I understand that this could be busy time for vendors right now. But I also agree with what some of the girls were saying in this post about the vendors respecting all clients and getting back in a timely matter. It shouldn’t matter how many months or years your wedding is away you still need to get back to your clients especially when this is about our meeting. And specifically we are driving 10 hours for this one meeting.
    Just my opinion! There is a level of professionalism you expect especially with this well known of a vendor. Thanks for everyone’s advice. I will wait another week and politely email this vendor.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What are you trying to finalize? Your wedding is over 9 months away so maybe they're prioritizing other clients with closer dates first.
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wait a week for replies and then follow up. A good business will reply, even if it’s a busy time of year… they need to make time for email and honour that you have hired them and given them your money. I’d definitely follow up if it’s been two weeks and you actually need something from them that is time sensitive. It could be helpful going forward to ask what a reasonable reply time you can expect from them.
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s not the venue it’s something else but a very important piece of the wedding lol , I don’t want them to see this by chance and make things awkward so I won’t say which vendor. But yes they were very good about getting back to me usually the next day but in the past 4 months it’s been weeks months without a reply! Which is a little nerve racking but again they are having a lot of events right now and even have one today so I’m hoping that’s why..
    so yeah not really sure if I should send another email tomorrow saying hello??? Lol (not actually what I’d say) 😅
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That would worry me. For a meeting you have scheduled only one month away I would expect about 1 week for a reply to my emails.

Does this venue also host a lot of Christmas events? Hopefully there are just really busy and their response time is better in the new year.

All the vendors I've booked get back to me within a few days normally.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes all my vendors are booked. I have emailed this vendor once about if they received my emails I finally got a reply then I replied and now radio silence going on 2 weeks. The meeting is about finalizing and going over everything we have chosen
    And my actual email is where I talk with my vendors
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you booked these vendors already and they aren't replying to your emails after the fact? If so I would I don't think it would be rude to reach out again, as long as you aren't going over board (emailing them constantly). If you haven't booked them or arranged a meeting and they aren't replying to your emails I would move onto other vendors TBH.

Also are you actually emailing them or sending messages via Wedding Wire? I find email is the best.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics