Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsea
Newbie July 2022 Ontario

Transportation for guests

Kelsea, on August 27, 2021 at 11:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 6

Question for all - our wedding venue is approximately 20 minutes from the closest hotels. We are trying to lower the costs for our wedding and we have been quoted about $600 for transportation for 1 bus that includes 1 trip from the hotel to the wedding venue, as well as 2 return trips at night. We'd like to think that adults can be responsible and figure out their own method of transportation to and from the wedding, and find a DD if needed. Is this something that we can cut costs on and not have any transportation, or should we still provide transportation?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Leah, on August 28, 2021 at 07:09
  • Leah
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Kelsey! I’ve been to weddings with shuttles and without and definitely feel shuttles add to the enjoyment of the day as a guest. I think it depends on location of the venue. Understanding your situation with your budget, if your venue is an urban setting and does have Uber and taxi services then it would be reasonable to share those phone numbers with your guests and call it a day. If your venue is out in the country without taxi or Uber access I would strongly suggest going with a shuttle. Take care!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure where your guests are coming from but unless they're all from the North Bay area, it sounds like they'll be travelling at least an hour to your venue.

It's not about whether your guests are responsible or not. In addition to travel, they're already paying to stay at a hotel and presumably a gift for you. If you can afford it, I think it would be a nice gesture as a host to offer transportation so that your guests aren't burdened with an extra cost for your wedding.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think if cabs or ubers are readily available in the location of the venue, I don't think you need to worry about transportation. We will not be having transportation for our guests.
  • Megan
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be providing transportation. People will be drinking and I will feel better knowing they found a safe ride to the hotel. Obviously it's not required but if you can swing it I think it's worth it.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Kelsea,
    We will not be providing any transportation for our guests as it’s not in our budget. However, should it be on your budget, it could be fine. If not, you don’t have to provide transportation.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally wouldn't bothering with the transportation for your guests. Everyone is an adult and can get home their own way. You really shouldn't be responsible for people's way home in my opinion, that's more money out of your pocket. My fiance and I aren't providing transportation for our wedding next summer

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics