Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate
Curious August 2022 Ontario

Workout plan/personal training?

Kate, on December 3, 2021 at 19:32 Posted in Before the wedding 0 14
Curious if anyone did personal training leading up to their wedding (SUPER costly I know).
I work out regularly and am pretty active already, but am considering it around 3 months or so before the wedding and curious about others’ experiences.

Thanks!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Dessa, on August 31, 2023 at 11:55
  • Dessa
    Frequent user September 2023 British Columbia
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I started with a personal trainer 1 year before our wedding date. I knew I ultimately wanted lifestyle changes so I gave myself a good head start without pressure to make changes in a few months. I hired an online coach who has guided me every step of the way..nutrition, workouts, check-ins, weekly group zoom chats...a whole package. Yes its been more expensive that I thought but so worth it!!! Down 30 lbs...lost 7% body fat.. body composition changes are amazing!! I feel sooo confident going into the wedding in 24 days!! And I will absolutely be continuing on after...I have bigger goals now that I've seen what I can do when focused! 🙌💪
  • L
    Newbie June 2024 Ontario
    Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I opted for personal training before my wedding, despite the cost. The tailored guidance helped me enhance my routine, build confidence, and achieve specific goals. Worth every penny for the extra bridal glow!

• D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Groom here, have been focusing mostly on upper body and core in recent weeks. Started HIIT (high intensity interval training) recently for cardio at the suggestion of my trainer.
  • Megan
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Huge fan of beach body! My favourites are Insanity max 30 (advanced), lets get up (beginner), t25 (intermediate), transform 20 (advanced) and morning meltdown 100 (intermediate)

• Megan
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So I used to be a personal trainer. It costs a lot as you mentioned. But the other main downside to one on one training is you're going to see your training 1-2, maybe 3 if you can afford it, times per week. they may try to help with nutrition but ultimately it's going to be someone teaching you some workouts and you are likely going to have to do a lot on your own. If you are super motivated it may work. But in my experience most of my clients would workout super hard with me and then do nothing to change their lifestyle outside of that, so often they didn't see results. There are definitely exceptions and those were the people that made it feel rewarding. But PT is usually around $80/session so you're going to pay at least $300/month and that's only once a week. Just something to think about. I have found much more success in group classes (they're less expensive and there are other people there to motivate you) or even just following my own workout plan but of course that depends how motivated you are.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    First of all no no, I never followed the nutrition plans. I eat well already as I'm T1 diabetic. I looked at them just to see if I'm eating enough but that's it. My dietary needs are different than others sometimes (or often). I just did the last phase again right before the wedding (second date) as I had actually lost so much progress doing MBF/MBFA. Phase 3 brought me almost right back to before. I've done all those programs and hands down 80 day is the best results. First time I saw actual abs. I've managed to keep them through other programs but not those honestly. Don't get discouraged by the hour long workout times - once you get used to it you can fast forward Autumn over-talking/some breaks a little and go at your own pace. Most days were 45 min for me. I've done 80D 3.5 times now (only doing cardio flow the first time) and if I didn't just need a big change, I'd totally keep doing it lol. I'll definitely swing back around to it in a year or so.
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha when you said 80 day program I had a hunch! Lol I haven’t tried that BB program yet, but have done MBF, MBFA, MM100, The Prep. Maybe 80 day obsession is a good one to do close to wedding Smiley smile
    You’re saying you followed the set nutrition plan in the last phase?
  • C
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes haha. 80 day obsession and like I said - I don't follow the set nutrition plans. Phase 3 I actually did more than the rest because it just worked that well.
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh awesome good for you! Was the 80 day program part of Beach Body by chance?
  • C
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Covid hitting and keeping us at home really helped reign both of us in actually. My husband obviously lost 40lbs like it was a walk in the park 😅. I have always been strict with my gym schedule (I workout at home so it makes it easier - I didn't have weight to lose I just wanted to tone more) but I kicked it into higher gear when we got stuck at home 9 months out. I did a program that made all the difference and did it again leading up to the wedding (it's 80 days). I'm type 1 diabetic so nutrition has never been an issue for me (of course I have a sweet tooth lol) but cutting back (not totally out) on alcohol a month before the wedding made a huge difference (not that I drink much outside of summer - winter wedding). We still enjoyed takeout on weekends and treats here and there - I don't believe in diets as you're bound to binge and cannot maintain long term. I firmly believe in having a lifestyle you can maintain but feel good about. Our wedding had to be postponed but we still got married. I was in my best shape ever (this means abs in addition to other definition I usually have) on our marriage day. January sucked so we wallowed a little and then got back on the wagon and I was in that same shape for our new date in March. I don't need the motivation/assistance of a trainer but I think it'd be awesome if you want to! Nice to not think for yourself sometimes!
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amen! Lol glad were on the same page!
    Congrats by the way!
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely! I am the same way… I can’t restrict myself too much too early or the Oreos will definitely come for me.
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s my focus too! And back/shoulders since I ended up getting strapless!
    I feel if I kick my workout/diet into high gear TOO far in advance I’ll fall off the wagon so I think 2-3 months out is a good timeline!
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ll be hitting Pilates and reformer hard the two months leading to the wedding. Particularly focusing on arms and abs!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics