Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sara
Beginner August 2022 Alberta

Choosing between indoor or outdoor venue?

Sara, on August 9, 2021 at 09:41 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 2
We have two choices for a venue right now, a tented outdoor reception or an indoor reception at a hall. The date would be August 27th, 2022. Has anyone had or is planning to have a tented reception outdoors and what were your reasons? Obviously the clear tent will be gorgeous but part of me is worried about the weather being super crazy since Alberta can be unpredictable sometimes. Are you taking any extra precautions to ensure the comfort of your guests? Choosing between indoor or outdoor venue? 1

2 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on August 9, 2021 at 20:21
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If this decision is not based on covid whatsoever, indoor all the way. Even if there is no rain or other elements that can put a damper on things, heat can make formal wear insufferable and if there's any idle water nearby, your guests will be eaten alive by bugs. And if the weather somehow becomes chilly and everyone is dressed for a summer-style wedding ala cocktail dresses, they will be cold.

• Megan
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a huge anxiety about outdoor weddings since weather is so unpredictable but once I saw our venue for the first time I fell in love with their outdoor space. Plus, the indoor space is also gorgeous so if we have to change plans the day of it won't be a huge deal. I would say go with whichever you like the best and find out if you are able to use the indoor space if the weather is bad (probably depends how many weddings they do in a day)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics