Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KELLY
Super October 2023 Ontario

Officiant pricing based on # of attendees

KELLY, on November 23, 2021 at 13:36 Posted in Wedding ceremony 1 12

Hey everyone!

I have been looking for an officiant for some time and keep getting blind sided by pricing. There are many I have researched on WW that post pricing starting at $200 which only covers signing documents, the price goes based on other factors. What I don't understand is the reason behind charging extra if there are more than 8 people attending?

Thoughts?

12 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on December 14, 2021 at 17:00
  • KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Megan,
    I have now contacted 14 potential officiants and all of them except one mentioned pricing for more than 10 or 20 people…
  • Megan
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am assuming because of the pandemic, some people made new pricing options for micro weddings. None of the officiants we talked to mentioned anything about number of people coming, it was just a flat rate.

• Tracey
    Newbie October 2022 Alberta
    Tracey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that would have been nice! Good luck on your search!!

• KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Tracey,

our daughters future BIL is a minister and we thought about asking him but he's in the U.S and may not be licensed here... so the search continues...

• Tracey
    Newbie October 2022 Alberta
    Tracey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting my nephew to Officiate ours! He just has to go to a registry office, tell them he is going to officiate only our wedding, fill out the paperwork and done! Last time I looked into it, it is free!! Of course we are still going to give him something to do it but it will save us some money.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do the Officiants on all seasons site offer these deals? I never heard of this happening until now. New changes added to their services.
  • KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Jacquie,

Yes, they offer many different types of ceremonies. However they put so many stipulations that unless you are eloping or just want the documents signed you have to take the full service.....

• KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! Unless you are just having documents signed or elopement you HAVE to book for the full ceremony. I agree, some if the prices are crazy ...

• KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Hank,

I haven't asked to be honest, but it must be a thing because of the 5 officiants I connected with they are all doing the same thing...

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m in the same boat, and I’ve noticed that they have packages for city hall vs elopement vs full ceremony, so that’s likely what you’re seeing. I agree- officiants are way more money than I was expecting!
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it the difference between and elopement style ceremony and a typical ceremony?

We were originally only go have a private ceremony - one witness and the officiant and this was only going to cost about $200, you are basically paying for the legal requirements of the marriage, and not for the officiant to perform a ceremony if that makes sense?

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have never seen number of guests be a factor in pricing. It's always based on the location and type of service. It makes sense to charge more if they have to travel far or needs to conduct a ceremony that's more involved than your typical 30 minute event.

Did you ask what their justification was?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics