Derek

Sherwood Park, Alberta · From February 2021

Happily married 🎉

September 24, 2022

571days 19hrs
M
Faux vs. Fresh
Melanie, On August 22, 2018 at 16:19

I'm currently debating fake flowers or real ones for my bouquets. I'm concerned about fresh flowers dying or getting ruined. Also concerned that I don't get to see them until the day of and what if i...

Derek, saturday 2-Mar-24 7
Amanda
What wedding date did you choose?!
Amanda, On January 10, 2024 at 13:02

Hello WeddingWire Family! One of the first things when planning a wedding is to choose the date! There are so many factors to consider when picking your big day! From the season and weather, the...

Nelly, saturday 13-Apr-24 54 3
Katrina
Walking down the aisle with your son?
Katrina, On April 16, 2023 at 21:18

Hey all, I'm just curious about everyone's thoughts on walking down the aisle with someone other than your father. I know it's tradition to have your dad walk you down the aisle but I'm thinking about...

Derek, sunday 29-Oct-23 35 2
Gioia
Music - recessional ideas
Gioia, On May 17, 2021 at 17:23

Hello everyone, so my fiance and I have everything figured out for our July 17th wedding except 1 thing. We have no clue what song we should use to walk out of the church from. We want something a...

Derek, sunday 29-Oct-23 14
Amanda
How Are You Getting To The Wedding?!
Amanda, On April 27, 2023 at 18:33

Will you arrive in style with a limo?! Are you renting a fancy car? Processing on foot to the venue with your friends and family? Riding in on a white horse?! Driving yourself?! Share your pics and...

Derek, sunday 29-Oct-23 27 1
C
What's on your play list for music
Carine, On August 16, 2023 at 10:13

What's on your play list while guests are seating and waiting for your grand entrance? Since I have a small wedding, I am playing off Spotify and took songs from Bridgerton, classical remakes and...

Nelly, sunday 14-Apr-24 16
Amanda
First Dance As a Married Couple
Amanda, On August 16, 2023 at 11:02

Hello all Brides to be! What have you and your significant other chosen for your first dance song as a married couple?! It's always nice to see what everyone has picked My husband and I danced to...

Nelly, sunday 14-Apr-24 17
Kate
Engagement Ring : complete surprise or previously picked out?
Kate, On November 29, 2022 at 13:23

Hello all! Let's talk rings! I feel like it is becoming more and more common to pick out your own ring and have your sweetheart go pick up or drop lots of hints as to what you love! So my question is...

I'm, friday 17-Mar-23 29
J
Hair and Makeup
Jasmine, On December 27, 2022 at 13:48

Who typically pays for the hair and makeup? The bride or is it split evenly?

Petrina, monday 6-Mar-23 11
Bethany
Does anyone not care to have a wedding cake?
Bethany, On January 2, 2023 at 15:50

I'm not a super traditional bride, I just got engaged and upon talking to my fiance and he doesn't reallu care to a have a cake snd neither do I. I'm not big on sweets and neither is he, we were...

Kimberly, monday 16-Jan-23 19
Brittany
Where did your proposal take place?
Brittany, On January 3, 2023 at 13:55

Hello Everyone! To start off the New Year and to welcome our newly engaged brides & grooms; where did your proposal take place? My fiancé proposed at our favourite pub, Canadian Brewhouse on the...

Breanna, wednesday 1-Feb-23 43
Kate
Let's talk $$$
Kate, On January 4, 2023 at 11:07

My least favourite topic when I was wedding planning!!! lol So! Numbers are important and I think it is totally responsible to keep within a budget and set limits that being said...how many of you...

Naorina, sunday 22-Jan-23 12
Amanda
Where will your wedding ceremony take place?!
Amanda, On January 4, 2023 at 11:31

Have you decided where you'll say "I do"? Tell us where and when you'll be tying the knot! Have you already booked your wedding venue? Have you decided to stay in the city that you current live in or...

Amanda, tuesday 10-Jan-23 21 1
Kelsey
Walking Down the Isle Song
Kelsey, On January 8, 2023 at 15:39

Hi ladies, I need your help! I really want to walk down to the isle to the instrumental version of Turning Page by Sleeping At Last (the same shortened version Bella from twilight used) but I can’t...

Michelle, wednesday 8-Mar-23 7
Julie
End of Reception - Last Song
Julie, On November 3, 2022 at 13:59

Have you decided on how you want to end your spectacular night? Slow song? or an upbeat hit? And what tune would that be? Or Sparkler send off?

Julie, friday 23-Dec-22 10
M
Kids at the wedding
Michelle, On November 5, 2022 at 17:08

So we are having kids at our wedding, we have maybe 10-20 kids coming of all ages, we are having stuff for them to do, but I was wondering if anyone had rules set for parents with the kids? And if you...

Misty, sunday 5-Feb-23 6 1
Kate
Wedding Date! What made you choose it.
Kate, On December 6, 2022 at 09:06

Hello all! Your special date, what was the reasoning behind?? Was it when the venue had availability or was it deliberate and represents something special? For us, we actually had our wedding on my...

Petrina, monday 2-Jan-23 18
Fiona
Mismatched Dresses- only two ladies
Fiona, On October 13, 2022 at 20:34

I am curious about mismatching dresses because I like the idea but we only have my maid of honour and my fiancé’s best woman in our wedding party so would it look odd? I am thinking similar style and...

Derek, sunday 18-Dec-22 6
J
Late Night Food
Jasmine, On October 17, 2022 at 10:19

Is it okay to skip the late night food option? Our wedding will end at midnight with dinner ending around 8 or so. I really don’t want to do it as it’s more $$$

ErnesttewHD, monday 26-Dec-22 12
J
Timing of Wedding Day
Jasmine, On October 17, 2022 at 13:45

Can someone help me figure out the timing of a wedding day with the ceremony at 2pm?

Stephanie, wednesday 4-Jan-23 8
K
Unorthodox wedding photos?!
Katherine, On November 9, 2022 at 12:11

Hey! Getting married next September in the Rockies and my partner and I share a love for rock climbing. So obviously it just makes sense to take some photos of us on the wall with our photographer at...

Derek, sunday 18-Dec-22 8 1
Liberty
Let's talk vows!!
Liberty, On November 15, 2022 at 16:21

Are you and your partner planning on doing vows just the two of you in private or during the ceremony? There are so many options! My husband and I did private vows during our first look then did...

ArthurHeavaLQ, sunday 25-Dec-22 13
Amanda
Honeymoon!
Amanda, On November 17, 2022 at 11:37

After the wedding comes the honeymoon - a romantic vacation for you and your new spouse to decompress after the wedding and spend time together. Where will you and your spouse spend your honeymoon?!...

Nelly, sunday 14-Apr-24 17
Amanda
Splurge or Save: Cocktail hour?!
Amanda, On December 13, 2022 at 13:28

Between your ceremony and reception, what will be on offer for your guests to enjoy while you and your husband and wedding party go and adventure taking photos?! Cocktails? Hors d'oeuvres?...

Amanda, friday 23-Dec-22 23 1
Gabrielle
Artificial/ Silk Flowers
Gabrielle, On September 13, 2022 at 12:31

Hello! Please share your thoughts on artificial flowers!!! We are trying to keep to budget friendly options so we are considering using artificial flowers for the wedding. What are any pros or cons...

Gabrielle, wednesday 28-Dec-22 20
Stacey
2Nd time aorund
Stacey, On October 7, 2022 at 22:06

If this is your second time, what are you felling like keeping or getting rid of in what a typical wedding might be?

Derek, tuesday 13-Dec-22 3
Jnnj
2024 Brides!!!
Jnnj, On November 27, 2022 at 09:54

When did y’all start shopping for your dresses? Or did you start already or no? Also, are you going to have reception dress?

Stephanie, monday 27-Mar-23 10
C
Procession are you keeping it traditional or having fun?
Carine, On November 15, 2022 at 15:17

My plan is to have the boys jam it out to a song they all enjoy, so they can have their moment and their shine. Then I was thinking his grandparents, his parents, my party then me and my pops. What...

Carine, monday 19-Dec-22 18
C
Who's in your Party?
Carine, On June 13, 2022 at 12:52

Who is in the wedding party? (how did you decide, how many people, if you're skipping it entirely, how do you know them, or how long you've known them, if you're including siblings or future in-laws) ...

Carine, thursday 8-Dec-22 40
L
Invitations
Lisa, On November 7, 2022 at 22:35

Hi everyone I’m new here may I ask how everyone got their guest address to mail out invites? And did you include the wedding website to rsvp on the invites?

Derek, wednesday 7-Dec-22 9
Madison
Help!
Madison, On October 4, 2022 at 16:28

Hey! I’m from Alberta (more specifically Edmonton) and I’m looking for some friends that I can rant to about how stressful this whole wedding planning is 😂🤦‍♀️ Let’s get to know each other! How long...

Derek, wednesday 7-Dec-22 11
Amanda
What does your guest list look like?!
Amanda, On November 8, 2022 at 21:59

Are you hosting a huge bash or a more intimate celebration? Are your invites going to mainly friends, or family? How did you decide on the number of guests? My husband and I only chose close friends...

Derek, wednesday 7-Dec-22 28

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics