Derek

Sherwood Park, Alberta · From February 2021

🕐 WEDDING COUNTDOWN...

September 24, 2022

46days 13hrs : 52min
Danielle
First Dance
Danielle, On July 19, 2022 at 19:27

What was/is going to be your first dance song and how did you choose it? We went back and forth on a few - Lyrics were really important to us. We thought we had picked one then Callum Scott released...

Rachay, yesterday at 03:44 18
N
Necklace or no necklace
Natalie, On March 29, 2022 at 15:05

I was considering wearing earrings and a necklace - I usually only wear dainty jewelry. Not sure if I should stick with wearing a necklace or just do earrings.. help! Here is a picture of my dress!...

Derek, wednesday 27-Jul-22 15
Sinéad
Invitations - Old School or Online?
Sinéad, On December 16, 2019 at 09:05

Your invitations are the first taste your guests are going to get of your wedding style and theme. Have you thought about how you will send them? Are you using traditional mail to post your...

Audrey, friday 29-Jul-22 23
Amanda
Photographers. One or Two Shooters?
Amanda, On June 7, 2022 at 21:39

Every wedding has so many little moments to capture 📷 From getting ready shots to your guests cutting loose on the dance floor. You want to make sure your photographer catches them all! Are you...

Amanda, thursday 21-Jul-22 29 1
Brooke
Rehearsal Dinners - Needed/not Needed? Who Pays?
Brooke, On July 12, 2022 at 14:46

Hello fellow brides! My fiancé and I are having some trouble with having some form of rehearsal for our wedding, mainly the "dinner" part. We know we want to have a rehearsal at our venue with our...

Julie, tuesday 26-Jul-22 13
Carine
What are you Diying for your wedding?
Carine, On July 12, 2022 at 13:19

What have you been DIYing for your wedding? I'm doing my seating chart with an Ikea frame, the specialty drink sign, I'm going to customize tumblers and slippers for the girls and beer mugs and flasks...

Carine, friday 15-Jul-22 18
K
Wine on tables with open bar
Katrine, On July 14, 2022 at 17:06

Hey everyone! I’m DIYing my wedding bar and will be offering wine but I was wondering if I should put wine on the tables or just have it behind the bar since it’s an open bar (that will be open during...

Carine, friday 15-Jul-22 8
Alana
Bridesmaid Proposals
Alana, On June 30, 2022 at 17:00

Hey everyone, I'm curious to know how you asked your bridal party to be your bridesmaids/bridesmen? I did some DIY and put together my bridesmaid proposal boxes and I loved the personal touches that I...

Julie, thursday 28-Jul-22 18 1
Alyx
My bachelorette😍
Alyx, On July 4, 2022 at 02:38

Kelowna is a must goooooooo So much fun The winery’s, the lake and boating!!!! We had a blast Our driver 😂😂

Derek, friday 8-Jul-22 16
Samantha
October couples - behind in the planning process
Samantha, On July 4, 2022 at 14:09

Does anyone else feel like they are extremely far behind in the planning process?? Even though iv been engaged since last August ... Where does the time go !

Chloe, friday 29-Jul-22 12
Angel
a dress of a different colour
Angel, On July 7, 2022 at 11:23

Is anyone here wearing a non white or ivory wedding dress? What colour? I'd love to see them!

Derek, friday 8-Jul-22 21
Maggnard-Smanta
First look or not?
Maggnard-Smanta, On July 5, 2022 at 01:11

Hi there, Wondering if you are doing a first look and why you decided or not to have one. We always wanted to have a first look to have more time after the ceremony to mingle with guests during...

Maggnard-Smanta, thursday 4-Aug-22 64
Christine
Guests
Christine, On July 6, 2022 at 19:01

Ok! So I need some advice! Being a small town girl growing up well every one knows me and well yup my wedding is being held there also. Now with that being said well the word of course is out and it's...

Derek, friday 8-Jul-22 5
Carine
Have any of you heard getting a gift even...
Carine, On July 7, 2022 at 10:20

Have any of you heard, that it's customary to give a bride and groom a wedding gift if you were invited, and you RSVP not attending. What are your thoughts on this?

Carine, wednesday 13-Jul-22 18
Lynnie
Congrats to the winner of the 65th edition WeddingWire contest!
Lynnie, On July 7, 2022 at 11:48

Please join me in congratulating the winners of the 65th edition of the WeddingWire contest! A big congrats to..... Amanda & Curtis!! Here is what they had to say about winning: "When I received...

Carine, wednesday 13-Jul-22 5
Laura
Ceremony structure?
Laura, On July 7, 2022 at 16:34

Hi everyone! I 'm getting married on August 6th and we have a meeting with our officiant next week to discuss the ceremony. I assume our officiant will provide advice, structure, etc. but I was...

Derek, friday 8-Jul-22 7
Amanda
Where will your wedding ceremony take place?!
Amanda, On June 5, 2022 at 16:30

Have you decided where you'll say "I do"? Tell us where and when you'll be tying the knot! Have you already booked your wedding venue? Have you decided to stay in the city that you current live in or...

Amanda, thursday 7-Jul-22 32 1
Rebecca
Cake Flavors
Rebecca, On June 7, 2022 at 10:53

So i have my dream cake person booked and I'm so incredibly excited because well cake! but here's my issue i have 4 tiers and can choose 4 flavors and my brain can only manager to come up with two...

Carine, wednesday 20-Jul-22 50
Amanda
Ceremony Decor
Amanda, On December 9, 2021 at 13:53

Hi Everyone! What's your plan for ceremony décor? Are you keeping things simple and saving it for the reception? Decorating with candles, floral arrangements, or aisle runners? Let's share what...

Derek, wednesday 6-Jul-22 16 1
Liberty
Unplugged Ceremony or Not?
Liberty, On March 19, 2022 at 19:32

Are you having an unplugged Ceremony or are you allowing guests to take pictures? I am having an unplugged ceremony but I will have 1 guest taking pictures so I can have some pictures to look back on...

Liberty, wednesday 6-Jul-22 27
Carine
Who's in your Party?
Carine, On June 13, 2022 at 12:52

Who is in the wedding party? (how did you decide, how many people, if you're skipping it entirely, how do you know them, or how long you've known them, if you're including siblings or future in-laws) ...

Carine, friday 8-Jul-22 36
Rosetta
Vows
Rosetta, On July 5, 2022 at 22:28

Writing your own vows, or go with traditional church vows?

Tunisha, monday 11-Jul-22 23
Jenny
First dance - before or after food?
Jenny, On April 17, 2022 at 10:12

So I’m working on my wedding timeline and my mom and I are disagreeing on this so I’d love some additional input - I want the first dance before the food (with father/daughter and mother/son dances...

Megan, wednesday 6-Jul-22 28 1
Christine
Wedding party
Christine, On May 25, 2022 at 15:29

I'm not sure if anyone can give me recommendations but my significant other and I have 4 children together 7 years to 6 months for anyone that has children did you have them sit at the head table with...

Derek, thursday 30-Jun-22 2
Danielle
Should we purchase table wine if we are purchasing alcohol for the bar? (toonie Bar)
Danielle, On June 6, 2022 at 18:14

Hi everyone! We are planning to purchase alcohol for our wedding in August from Costco to have a toonie bar. The venue does not permit us to place bottles of our own purchased wine on the tables with...

Derek, thursday 30-Jun-22 13 1
Liberty
Let's talk engagement Rings!!
Liberty, On January 3, 2022 at 13:27

How did you and/or your partner pick your engagement ring? Did you find one and say that is the one? Did they surprise you?! My Fiancé and I went and looked at rings together twice. I've always...

Liberty, thursday 30-Jun-22 35
E
Who pays for bridesmaids dresses/hair/makeup?
Ebony, On June 12, 2022 at 23:11

Hey everyone, I’m wondering if you brides are paying for your bridesmaids dresses and their hair/makeup? If not, how did you tell them? I’m not really sure what the norm is Thanks!!!

Megan, wednesday 6-Jul-22 19
Maddi
Bridesmaids gowns
Maddi, On June 21, 2022 at 16:02

Weird question, is the bride supposed to purchase the bridesmaids dresses? Or do the bridesmaids buy them themselves?

Vinod, monday 4-Jul-22 10
Christine
Wedding rehearsal
Christine, On June 29, 2022 at 16:13

When y'all do wedding rehearsal and well our wedding party is willing to help set up and well I wanna prepare a meal for them but do I also have to include their significant others in this or is it...

Carine, tuesday 5-Jul-22 6
Rayanne
Live music vs dj music
Rayanne, On June 27, 2022 at 16:12

So what's everyone's plans for music on their big day? We want with love music for the ceremony and a DJ for the reception. It was a perfect mix for us. The quartet was unbelievably beautiful and...

Beth0102, tuesday 26-Jul-22 27
Amanda
Flower girl / ring bearer
Amanda, On June 19, 2022 at 13:55

We’ve opted to not have either or, we have no nieces of nephews and all of our cousins are older. I don’t see an issue without having a flower girl or ring bearer, would you ?

Vinod, monday 4-Jul-22 12
Amanda
First Dance As A Married Couple
Amanda, On June 28, 2022 at 12:05

Hello Everyone! What have you and your significant other chosen for your first dance song as a married couple?! It's always nice to see what everyone has picked My fiance and I have gone with LONESTAR...

Amanda, tuesday 5-Jul-22 25

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics