Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate
Featured August 2022 Ontario

Adults only or bring on the kids?

Kate, on March 26, 2024 at 13:45 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13

Hey all,

When taking into consideration your wedding day and the vibe and location, what are your thoughts on inviting kiddos? Do you picture a kid-free wedding, or are you welcoming of the little ones and have activities even planned for them?

For us, it was an evening, very intimate, swanky kind of wedding that we had and I knew right away that I did not want to have little children running around, just personally did not suit my vision or the vibe. What we chose to do was have my nieces and my husbands children there (they were teenagers, so a little different) but kindly told my cousins who both had children ages 3-7 at the time to enjoy a night away, thankfully it was received well and they were happy to hire a babysitter lol. That being said, had my husbands children been smaller, I would have compromised and had all kids at the wedding cause, could not imagine celebrating without them.

What's your take on it?

Adults only or bring on the kids? 1

13 Comments

Latest activity by Kate, on May 7, 2024 at 13:51
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good for you for sticking to what you both want for your day.

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally get that!

• Blake
    Newbie July 2024 Alberta
    Blake ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are not having any children under 12 at our. Little kids are annoying and ruin everything, my fiance and I are child-free and want our wedding as child free as possible to make sure that the day is special and goes how we want. Our biggest fear for having young kids is the inevitable screaming, and crying, from a small human that can't figure out how to act at a special event.
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided to go with no children at the wedding with the exception of my cousin’s child as there would be no one to look after him and he became our ring bearer and my aunt and uncle that came in from Calgary with their 6 year old son. Those were the only two kiddies there. It went well. I couldn’t imagine the wedding with more children as there. Also, our venue was very small and a very intimate setting/wedding. During Covid and we had 56 people including ourselves and the photographer.
  • N
    Curious July 2025 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having children at our wedding. I couldn’t imagine not having our nieces and nephews there to celebrate with us
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so generous of you providing child care!

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds lovely!

• Alexandra
    Newbie July 2024 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a great question. My fiancé and I agreed on the 'no kids wedding' situation. Despite my 7 y/o cousin, there will be no other kids. We told our friends and family that it was a night we would like them to fully enjoy. We will therefore be highlighting a few wedding anniversaries Smiley smile

• R
    Newbie July 2026 Alberta
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I work with kids and despite loving them we are choosing to do a child-free wedding, we are going to provide childcare but we would like to offer parents a night out without the kids.

• Cynthia
    Newbie August 2025 Nova Scotia
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning on having kids at our wedding as we both come from big families with lots of kids and it would not feel right to us not to include them.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had kids at our wedding. Our friends kids are part of them and I wouldn't want to exclude them
  • Shayena
    Newbie June 2024 Ontario
    Shayena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chose to do no kids with the exception of kids flying in with their parents from abroad, if anything their parents are relieved and will treat it as a date night and it helps with guest count.
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did have a couple of small kids but i would have preferred no kids. The only exception we were making was for our Best Man who's daughter was 3. No issues and she danced the night away until the very end 😃 My daughter, niece and nephews are all in their 20s. We also had 2 cousins who are 8 and 10 and no problems. I managed to keep them all busy at the table with some small activities. All worked out pretty well.Adults only or bring on the kids? 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics