Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate
Featured August 2022 Ontario

Let's talk $$$

Kate, on January 4, 2023 at 11:07 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

My least favourite topic when I was wedding planning!!! lol So! Numbers are important and I think it is totally responsible to keep within a budget and set limits that being said...how many of you were able to forecast realistically and keep within your budget?? And if you are still planning, are you on track, or have you already blown the $$$ out of the water?? lol

I literally had a total in mind but that was before I began researching properly and seeing the prices of things/vendors/etc.

Looking back I feel like we did spend a generous amount of money and did not really settle on anything which makes me feel happy and have no regrets but dang I don't know how people afford large weddings lol. Having a smaller guest count definitely allowed me to splurge on all the details like invites, decor, etc. and then also bigger ticket items like food, entertainment, etc.

Let's talk $$$ 1

12 Comments

Latest activity by Naorina, on January 22, 2023 at 18:53
  • Naorina
    Newbie August 2023 Ontario
    Naorina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi there!
    Congratulations on your wedding ! We are on a very similar budget amounts as yours. Our dates are tentatively 23-24 august 2023. But difficult to find a venue for small gathering - only 45-50 guests are expected. Can you please share some of your finds or suggestions?
  • D
    Featured September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We actually did better than we anticipated in keeping costs down, as a number of guests were unable to come due to inability to travel. To our surprise, the twoonie bar that we had also helped keep costs down beyond what we had expected. There was not a huge amount of alcohol consumed (we had expected MUCH more) and venue costs were quite reasonable. We also did our own floral arrangements with silk flowers which saved a lot, and did our own decorating with rentals from a party rental firm.
  • K
    Curious September 2021 Alberta
    Kaitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was able to keep the venue prices down - huge expense.

AND i found a great caterer which was tastier and just generally better than the caterers in our area. The excellent one was Rocky Mountain BBQ out of Calgary. Great food and great prices

Calgary BBQ Catering Services, Barbecue Caterers, Rocky Mountain BBQ

I just wish we had spent a little more and had a photographer at the reception.

Overall it was all for naught, hubby spent more than wedding on a power toy afew months later! LOL.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It honestly helps when the venue does everything and I mean everything. No extra cost than what was quoted, and if their rates go up it doesn't affect me. I was lucky as she had quoted me $65 a plate, the day I went to see the venue her prices went up and kept my quoted rate.

I only went over by $10 on my budgeted dress, but my mother-in-law paid for most of it so it brought me back down. I saved on flowers by going with someone who does it as a hobby than professional.

That all really help staying in budget.

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that's great to have bought a house and been able to spend $$ on a wedding. I as well had an original budget inside my head of $10k but... didn't quite happen lol.

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omg even better and great that you are on budget!

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Totally agree - that is what it is all about Smiley smile

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband and I originally wanted to have our wedding for $5000. We quickly realized that we would have to make a lot of sacrifices that we didn't want to make. We then decided that as long as we ended up under $10,000 we'd be okay. We bought a house the same month we got married so that was more of a priority. We ended up spending around $8500. We were both very happy with that.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are on budget, our venue helped a lot with that, as they take care of everything.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We too had a small wedding in which we came less than our actual cost. All vendors and little things do add up easily. We were happy with everything and just the simplicity of it. I know our Indian weddings are expensive given the large families near and far to consider. It makes it nice to see everyone as a family with young ones too enjoying the time together.

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good for you for coming below budget!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In the end my husband and I were below budget but defiantly could've been a lot less money spent if we didn't have a destination wedding! But we wouldn't change anything it was the most perfect day

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics