Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie April 2023 Ontario

Late Night Food

Jasmine, on October 17, 2022 at 10:19 Posted in Wedding reception 0 12
Is it okay to skip the late night food option? Our wedding will end at midnight with dinner ending around 8 or so. I really don’t want to do it as it’s more $$$

12 Comments

Latest activity by ErnesttewHD, on December 26, 2022 at 15:33
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it depends partly on liquor laws. We had a late night snack option starting at 10:30 pm (wedding ended at 12:30 am) but there were not a lot of takers as many were still full from dinner. We had a poutine bar!
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If dinner is at 8pm, I would have something small such as a dessert table...

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Late night food is definitely a nice to have, not a must have. But if you're running a bar for four hours, it is a good idea to provide something, like a dessert table.

• Brittany
    Newbie September 2022 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We totally forgot to order food for our wedding and no one said anything hahahaha
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely do whatever you want and within ypur budget. If you're cake ceremony and serving to your guests that may be just enough. But again, do what you are comfortable/happy with. My cocktail hour is at 5p with appies and drinks, dinner at 615p and late night snacks at 10pmish. The main reason for my late night snacks/desserts is cause we are having an open bar and need something for these guests to absorb the alcohol. 😊
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is totally up to you! I found that the late night snack only recently became popular (within the last few years). I would just make sure to do your cake cutting a bit later so they have a treat later in the evening.

My timeline is like this:

Reception starts at 5:30 pm and there will by appetizers there. 6:30 pm dinner will be served, 7:00 pm - cake cutting and cupcakes. 10 pm - late night snack.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our dinner was at 6pm. We did our cake cutting at 930pm so our guests did have cake as a snack
  • J
    Newbie April 2023 Ontario
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this! What time was your dinner at?
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't provide any late night snacks, dinner was served around 7 with us getting "kicked out" by 1pm. We did have our dessert table out all night, so that was kinda our "snack" option.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We skipped it! Our wedding ended at midnight as well
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dinner starts at 5pm and ends at midnight so we are just going to do like a charcuterie board and pizza just so that way my out-of-town guest aren't starving to the hotel after the wedding.

Like Stevie mentioned it's your wedding, maybe have a desert bar or a snack bar with candies, chocolate, cakes without breaking the bank.

• Stevie
    Frequent user September 2023 Ontario
    Stevie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to at your own wedding! I would say that if you’re having some kind of dessert option, you could do a dessert table an hour or two after dinner so that people have something to snack on but it’s something you would’ve had anyway - just switching up the timing a bit and not having it served seated at tables. Maybe that’s an option?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics