Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Featured August 2023 Alberta

Where did your proposal take place?

Brittany, on January 3, 2023 at 13:55 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 43

Hello Everyone!

To start off the New Year and to welcome our newly engaged brides & grooms; where did your proposal take place?

My fiancé proposed at our favourite pub, Canadian Brewhouse on the roof top patio that was empty. We were sitting by the fire having a few drinks when it happened. Once people realized what happened, we got tons of free drinks and shots so it ended up being a pretty wild night afterwards.

I can't envision it any other way and I can not wait to marry this August in Banff Smiley smile

How did yours go?

43 Comments

Latest activity by Breanna, on February 1, 2023 at 13:21
  • B
    Newbie September 2023 Ontario
    Breanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to my fiance's dads house for a BBQ, to celebrate his birthday a few weeks later as we were in a wedding on his birthday. We invited my parents as well as his mom and her family so everyone could get to know each other better. We were really nervous of how it would all go because of some things that had happened over the past few years/personalities clashing.

Eventually he told me he needed a breather and that he was feeling overwhelmed and asked me to go on a walk to calm down with him in the back yard. He brought me to a tree in the yard that has a mini brick barrier going around the tree and proposed there, with my back to everyone while they all gathered around to congratulate us. Definitely memorable and so special that our families got to be in on it and a part of it!

• tsarlesia
    Newbie August 2024 Alberta
    tsarlesia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were on vacation in New York to see Harry Styles in concert. One day, we were planning on checking out Central Park since it was so beautiful out. We put cute outfits on as we wanted to take some photos. He told me there was a specific spot he wanted to go to take pictures- I didn't question it as we do things like this all the time.

As we headed to the spot, there were roses and a professional photographer setup overlooking the water. I blacked out and the next thing you know- there's a ring on my finger! Smiley smile We spent the next hour with the photographer and got some gorgeous photos.

• G
    Newbie May 2023 Quebec
    Gabriella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I proposed to her. She said if I proposed to her in a greasy spoon restaurant, I'd win the wife game. So, on new year's eve, I took her to this small greasy spoon breakfast place. We ate like queens, it was so delicious. Between courses, I pulled out the speech I wrote for her (along with stage directions on how to propose) and proposed to her right then and there. The rest is history. We are getting married in May this year!
  • W
    Newbie June 2024 British Columbia
    Whattimeisit ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    At the beginning of November, my now fiance asked me to take the day off work so we could have a "date day" together after what was a super stressful time in our work lives. I was able to take a Friday off (November 18!) and he completely recreated out first date - a few drinks, playing pool, tacos, hot chocolate and a walk by the waterfront to my favourite place where the seaplanes land in Vancouver. It was right at the waterfront that he got on one knee and asked me to marry him! Don't know how he managed it, but we were completely alone in the most beautiful spot overlooking the water. At the same time, we were surrounded by happy sounds and music from the Christmas market that was happening nearby. He did so good ☺️ Now we're planning a wedding for June 2024!Where did your proposal take place? 1

• Justin
    Newbie September 2023 Ontario
    Justin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We spent the night at the Embassy Suites in Niagara Falls, went for dinner at the Keg and then went for a walk by the Falls - proposal took place during the fireworks surrounded by the festive winter lights by the falls.Where did your proposal take place? 2

• Jackie
    Devoted September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He planned a trip to Jasper for my birthday in early December. It was the first place we had ever gone together. I didn't think he was going to ask - I really wanted him to ask my dad first, and my dad (liar) convinced me no such conversation had taken place. It was about -25 celcius, he wanted to go walk through Maligne Canyon, so we bundled right up and drove out. When we reached the section with the huge round cavern above he told me to pull my phone out for a selfie, and right after I took it he dropped to one knee and pulled the ring out. Best surprise ever.

Find someone who is the same kind of weird as you Smiley heart

Where did your proposal take place? 3

• Sira
    Curious April 2024 Ontario
    Sira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Gorgeous ring!
    I knew my proposal was coming too but it was definitely still a nice surprise so I get that feeling!! Congrats

• Petrina
    Curious September 2024 Ontario
    Petrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It was! His family loves to plan surprises ❤️
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love it!!! ❤️ always nice to have a little shock lol
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is so sweet! It is never too late to get married!

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is amazing! New York and that skyline, must of been so romantic Smiley heart

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love it! mine was also held at a restaurant - our favorite pub. Smiley smile

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey! everyone is different. I think that is super sweet, both sick and snuggling in bed. Nothing wrong with that.

• Jocelyn
    Newbie June 2023 Saskatchewan
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Dating for five years, lived together for 4 years at the time of the proposal. We had talked about an engagement throughout all of 2021, and picked out the ring together. He proposed in our kitchen at midnight on Dec 17, 2021. The ring had been delivered that day, and he just couldn't wait! Even though I knew it was coming, I was still shocked. It's a surreal moment when someone asks you to be life partners! After all the hugging, kissing and crying (ha-ha), he played a list of songs that he wants to us to dance to at our wedding. It was sentimental and private and I would not change a thing. I cannot wait for June 10, 2023!

Where did your proposal take place? 4

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds super personal and honestly perfect. I love it Smiley smile

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds lovely! I love the blindfolded part LOL

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Although mine did not happen at home - I said the exact same thing LOL. I was shocked. Even though I knew about the ring and picked it out with him, I did not think he would do it so soon.

• Jocelyn
    Newbie June 2023 Saskatchewan
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Giraffes and a marquis ring?! I love it! Congratulations!

• Dessa
    Frequent user September 2023 British Columbia
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    A wonderful Christmas memory for sure!
  • Dessa
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awww...that's love!
  • Dessa
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How lovely!! I didn't see marriage for us either after 20 years but here we are!
  • Dessa
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So elaborate!! Sounds amazing!
  • Dessa
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Beautiful!! So sweet!
  • Dessa
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love it!!! You know you know when your both sick and still feel romantic!!
  • Dessa
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love it!! Classic with a twist !!
  • Dessa
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's so amazing! What a great memory!
  • Dessa
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have been together for almost 21 years .. decided 15 years ago that we weren't getting married ..and quite happily lived together. Then a few weeks before our 20th anniversary, standing in our front hall he casually said "I'm going to marry you"... I laughed and said "sure you are honey". He said "I'm serious"... again I laughed. He said it again with more directly..I was now wondering and could barely breath Then he held my hands, look directly into my eyes and said " I'm asking you to marry me love". I realized he was serious and I burst into happy tears and just like that we were getting married! First for each of us! Everyone said it's about dann time 😆❤... never say never!!
  • Arden
    Curious July 2023 British Columbia
    Arden ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine did it in New York, on the top of Rockafeller Centre when we were there for spring break last year. He had a sign made with our friends and family holding letters to spell out Will You Marry Me. (My profile picture.) It was pretty wild!

• D
    Featured September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In December 2020, I proposed to her at the steakhouse where we had our first real date night. The manager brought the ring out with her favorite dessert and written in chocolate on the plate was, 'J____, would you...?', and I said, 'Marry me?' She said YES! Never been happier.
  • Samantha
    Newbie August 2023 British Columbia
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In bed. On Christmas. We both had covid. I don’t think this is the response you were hoping for 😆
  • P
    Curious August 2025 Alberta
    Pam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dad passed away a few years ago and had requested that his ashes be left in a really scenic, private area.

My FH and I went to visit my dads ashes one day. I asked to have a few minutes alone first and then invited him over to join me. FH turned to where my dad is and asked for his permission to marry me. Then he took the ring out of his pocket and said stuff to me. I honestly don’t remember what he said because I was so shocked. I just remember sobbing, grabbing the ring and immediately dropping it in the grass/leaves/branches (we found it) and then asking “are you sure?” 😆 I said yes eventually lol
  • Jocelyn
    Newbie October 2023 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided together to get married and when we wanted to while we were at home one night but he officially proposed to me at Cedar Point 🥰

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics