Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

How Are You Getting To The Wedding?!

Amanda, on April 27, 2023 at 18:33 Posted in Wedding ceremony 1 27

Will you arrive in style with a limo?! Are you renting a fancy car? Processing on foot to the venue with your friends and family? Riding in on a white horse?! Driving yourself?!

Share your pics and ideas below!

How Are You Getting To The Wedding?!

My mother and father drove me to my wedding with my MOH. It was a very nice moment to be able to spend with them before the ceremony! @LichonPhotography

How Are You Getting To The Wedding?! 1

27 Comments

Latest activity by Derek, on October 29, 2023 at 00:18
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When we had ours, the groom's party left the house early so the bridal party could have hair/makeup done and get dressed at our house. The groom's party got ready at the hotel (wedding venue) and the bridal party was driven by limo to the venue. Limo picked up the wedding party after the ceremony and took us for photos then brought us back to the venue for the reception. A few tense moments as the limo showed up at the WRONG pickup location at first (came to the venue instead of the house to pick up the bridal party!). Fortunately it was only 10 minutes away so it was a minimum delay. I almost had a meltdown when a bridesmaid's husband told me the limo had not shown up! Fortunately my best man tried to get me calmed down with a Scotch while my wife's son (also a best man) called the limo driver and sorted out the mess.
  • Matilda
    Featured June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Natalie will be going in a Rolls Royce with her parents and I will go in a Bentley with my parents, after the ceremony our parents will ride together in the Bentley and we will be alone in the Rolls Royce
  • Matilda
    Featured June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be getting to our ceremony with my parents and Natalie will go with her parents. Don’t know what we will be renting but most definitely not a limo bus
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that's a great idea!

• Petrina
    Curious September 2024 Ontario
    Petrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am driving us to our our hotel, (also our venue), the night before our wedding, so we'll be ready for our walk downstairs, the next day 😆
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! Thank goodness for parents!!

• Mila
    Featured October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My gosh! Same here! 14 minute drive and lowest quote for a regular car was $550 plus tax and tip. It’s silly how even Uber was a ridiculous charge for you. Thank goodness for parents!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great idea!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know! It's crazy what some of the prices are for such a shirt drive!

I love that your dad is doing this for you !
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting ready at the venue so we are driving ourselves-ladies in one and gents in the other....

• Jackie
    Featured September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Loving the replies on this 😊 I also looked into limo’s or fancy cars and was quoted $300 an hour. Absolutely ridiculous how vendors will gouge like that. So my dad has agreed to drive me to the wedding and transport both my fiancé and I around for photos after. He’s even letting me decorate the car all “just married”!
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tell me about it. So happy for UBER.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is outrageous!! I wouldn't pay that either!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I know! For myself, it was a 16 minute drive to the winery from the condo and they wanted 450 for just one way! I said there's no way I'm paying for that!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These days it's like who cares how I'm getting there, just get me there! Haha

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my gosh! That's crazy expensive!!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my gosh! I know what you mean! For myself it was a 16 minute drive to the winery and the limo service was wanting to charge 450 for just one way! I said forget it! Even for Uber it was like $120! That's when my mom and dad were like "we'll drive you!"

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Smiley heart

I think that is such a cute moment for all for you to have before the wedding!

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's ridiculous how much some transportation companies charge for like 20 mins!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that's a great plan! I love that these days have so many other options instead of a limo

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I felt the exact same way about not wanting to spend extra money on such a short trip!

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha I am pleasantly surprised at how modest some of us have gone for transportation, love it lol

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Rentals are so expensive that I've decided to UBER XL. I was quoted for 30 min drive $300, I don't think so. $600 for drop off and pick up and it's not even a fancy car.

• Mila
    Featured October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Media convinced me I needed traditional wedding transportation but everything about it seemed like an inconvenience and an expense I’d rather put elsewhere. Having read everyone’s lovely experiences of being driven with family/ Uber etc now makes me very happy about my decision to forego hiring transportation service!
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You look so happy, great photo! Smiley heart

Very non traditional but lol my husband to be and I and his 4 children all drove to the venue together in what we call "the fun bus" haha, 6 of us then plus a dog in our truck/van.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The wedding package incls a limo/car. The FH will be brought to the venue w BM in the car. Me and MOH are staying at the hotel across from venue the night before so just an Uber over next morning. 2 minute drive so im good with that.
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My auntie was my chauffeur for the day in her red mini van! I didn't want to spend any extra money on transportation and my aunts van fit me and my bridesmaids!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics