Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie August 2023 Ontario

Videography

Andrea, on February 25, 2022 at 22:22 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Hi there,

I am planning my wedding and I keep going back and forth on having a videographer at my wedding. What are peoples thoughts?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Asher, on December 26, 2023 at 06:35
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its worth to have a videographer to have at the venue. Its the memories to look back onto and know what we felt and looked at that age.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hired a videographer but saved by doing the edits myself instead of having them do it.

In many instances, the video footage came out better than the photos so I'm glad we had it.

As for whether it's worth it, it depends on what you want. Not everyone wants that cinematic package so if you want a video but budget is tight, maybe hiring a shorter duration can be an option (ie just getting ready and the ceremony without the reception and dance). If professional and polished looking video is not a priority and you just want to revisit the footage for memories sake, then hire someone more junior. If all you want are speeches, then just stick a camera by the podium and have someone press record and stop for you.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided not to do video.
    We were interested, however, for all that money you pay, you only get 4 minutes or so for a video. No thank you. I definitely saved on that. Photos were very much more important to me.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided not to do video. We are actually only doing first look pictures and ceremony pictures with the photographer with half hour after ceremony for other pictures with guests. Our photographer won't be at the reception at all.
  • G
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Giuseppina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me personally, photography and videography were both REALLY important. I wanted lots of photos as well as videos of the speeches and dances and of the ceremony. I did not want videos completed on cellphones. If it is in your budget- I say 100%!! Just do your research and keep looking around and speak with the person over the phone to see if you have a connection with them!

• Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it depends what works with your budget. Originally we were not going to have a videographer however my co worker gave us a really good deal of 9 hours of photo/video that it just made sense. Our biggest expense is probably the video/photography which is $1400.

I was 100% back and forth for a while just like you, I ended up writing down a pros and cons and came out with more pros for my fiance and I.

At the end of the day it's what you want it's your day. Happy planning Smiley smile Smiley heart

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wanted to make sure we got a quality capture of our entire ceremony, dances, and speeches. We ended up deciding to live-stream when covid hit so we hired videographers that would live stream and then we downloaded the videos. Because there was no editing, it was cheaper than what you tend to find for just a 4-5 minute highlight real (which is what we didn't want) and 100000% worth the money. I would have paid double. We're so happy we have this.
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Personally .. if we’re talking budget wise I’d invest in a photographer and leave out the videographer!
    I have a videographer and photographer who’ve only done a couple weddings. They are very shy and awkward but gave us a great deal. But now that I think about my actual day I wish I had someone who was experienced and make me feel comfortable! I don’t want my wedding to be someone’s practice or be their portfolio builder .😬
    Because you will be with them the entire day!
  • A
    Newbie August 2023 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Amanda!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I have decided against it simply because we really don't want something like that. We have 2 photographers for 12 hours which gives us plenty of photos of our entire day. Plus we can use money that we would've used on a videographer on something else.

Just remember it's your wedding and if you want a videographer and it's in your budget, go for it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics