Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nicole
Newbie September 2025 Ontario

Extra food and seating for vendors…?

Nicole, on October 4, 2023 at 08:24 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Hi all!

I’m very new to this whole planning a wedding process and it’s become a lot more than i was expecting! the costs are insane and I’m trying to save where I can. (Planning for Sept. 2025)
I’ve been viewing venues and seen that there’s a separate charge for “vendor tables”. Is this necessary ? I understand the photographer, dj, etc would have to eat the day of your event, but what about making them snack gift bags or something instead?
I’m very much a people pleaser and I’m quickly realizing that I don’t have the money to be one at my wedding, so I’m concerned that it would look terrible of me not to get a seat or table for the vendors I end up having.
What have you done in this instance?Any other “DIY” ideas?
All the knowledge and help is appreciated!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Derek, on June 2, 2024 at 19:52
  • D
    Featured September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a 'vendors table' (simply included them as part of the guests when providing numbers to the venue) for our officiant and her husband, the photographers and the DJ. There was no additional charge for them.
  • Matilda
    Frequent user June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldn’t expect any vendor that we contracted to work all day and just get snacks. We will definitely get them a meal
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Nicole I would just make sure that you read your contracts before hand and make sure that if it is mandatory for them to be fed, I would defiantly make sure that the have a seat and an actual food plate just like the rest of your guests. If I was a vendor that was staying for the dinner and I only got a snack bag and not what everyone else was eating, it personally wouldn't sit right with me

• Nicole
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow both your dress and cake are so beautiful!
    Thank you so much for the reply and tips!
    I really appreciate it! Xx
  • Nicole
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much!

You have very valid points for sure! I defiantly appreciate your honesty and reply thank you so much again! Xx
  • Jackie
    Devoted September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Kate lol, got that hot tip off another bride!

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Jackie, that is the most beautiful-wedding like - birthday cake ever, way to go! lol

• Jackie
    Devoted September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Nicole!
    Congratulations on your engagement 😊 Wedding planning is overwhelming when you get started. I was jolted by the cost of things too! For your question, we did have to feed our vendors who were there (DJ and photographer) but no added costs on top of that. If I can make some $$$ saving suggestions- consignment or 2nd hand dress, much cheaper, and I loved my dress so no sacrifice there! Flowers - we did all of ours off Etsy and Amazon (bouquets and boutonnières) and saved hundreds, if not more. Cake - don’t tell them it’s for a wedding, they charge so much more and it’s silly. I got a “birthday cake” that looked very bridal for a steal! We rented decorations from a local girl off Facebook for $700, so dig around for things like that too.

Advice I was given and glad I followed, don’t try to cut costs on things that really matter to you (for me that was photography), but try to save money where you don’t care that much (for me, flowers).
    Like was said above this is a great, supportive, and knowledgeable community that will be happy to help with any planning questions you have as you go! Extra food and seating for vendors…? 1
    Extra food and seating for vendors…? 2
    Extra food and seating for vendors…? 3
    Extra food and seating for vendors…? 4

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Nicole! Welcome to the wedding planning world : ) If you're ever in doubt or feeling overwhelmed, this community is a big help!

We had a small wedding so the numbers were small and therefore we were able to splurge a little more however I personally think this is not an area I would want to economize on. If you have great, hardworking vendors, which we had such a great team from the photographer to the band to the catering staff, they all really pitched in, I think it's super nice to make sure they are well fed/drinking/enjoying themselves. That being said, maybe there is a cool DIY alternative that someone on here has done that has worked out nicely but I can say our vendors were super appreciative and it made their attitude and service towards the day all that much better. Good luck! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics