Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
VIP September 2023 Ontario

What's on your play list for music

Carine, on August 16, 2023 at 10:13 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 16

What's on your play list while guests are seating and waiting for your grand entrance?

Since I have a small wedding, I am playing off Spotify and took songs from Bridgerton, classical remakes and using the same while having dinner. How was your process for choosing music?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on April 14, 2024 at 07:55
  • N
    Curious July 2025 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will have some instrumental music in the background
  • T
    Newbie July 2024 Alberta
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ll simply play a string of the softer song covers from Vitamin String Quartet.
  • Luciane
    Newbie March 2018 Bas Rhin
    Luciane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll let our DJ decide.

However, I'd like to have All of me by John Legend and some tracks by Ed Sheeran.

The rest, the DJ or maybe my husband will have some preferences.

• Jamie
    Newbie October 2023 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I spent a year add all our favs to a playlists and then after editing together we added classics and fun dance jams, 7 plus hours of awesome tunes. Our playlist get quite metaly and more explicit as the evening goes on. That is when the party will shift to more fun and the older and young should be headed out!!!

I plan on Rick-rolling everyone, Rick Astley is the final sone, hehehe

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I find the Dj's here aren't that great. There's one DJ I would trust but would be awkward to hire since he's my ex from the past but he is great at was he does. Also it's such a small venue and we are only there from 3-9 it's not really worth the extra money and fees.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You know you have a good DJ when he can read the room, I love the different genre of music to please everyone's needs.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nothing worse than dead air, he should be prepared. Still disappointing when you pay someone and make a list and he kind of blows it off.

• D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours used a bit of soft piano while the guests were being seated & waiting. For the wedding party entry we used 'Marry Me' by Train and for the recessional used 'S-I-M-P-L-E' by Florida Georgia Line. Reception was a bit of a mixed bag - we had several different genres including 80s, 90s (my wife and I are both over 50), some country (my wife is a huge fan, as are her siblings), some Irish (I'm of Irish background) in addition to modern popular music. We gave the DJ a list that we wanted played, he used most of them. Also he did a pretty good job of 'reading the room' and using what he thought would get people dancing.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had the same thoughts at first but then we spoke to him and actually had other people comment from the bridal groups I'm in saying he was great at their weddings, we knew we would be ok. I think you need to have the right person!

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So first it took a bit to actually meet up with our DJ. I laid it all out there, exactly what we wanted to hear for ceremony, cocktail hour, reception dinner and dancing. Ceremony was perfect, cocktail hour - I was told it was good, but no one could remember LOL, dinner we wanted movie instrumental versions of the 80/90's movies - it was amazing - guests had a great time trying to figure out the song / movie. However, DJ was a little unprepared in my eyes. We heard some dead air, like he was searching for the songs on his phone Smiley amazing I made it a point to tell him exactly the genres, including the Latin songs i wanted to hear for my family. Latin - everything was played, but again only 1/3 of the genres were played. I was a bit bummed about it but my guests did tell me they enjoyed the music so I guess I shouldn't complain Smiley sexy

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That was my fear with a DJ that he would just do his own thing, but glad your guests were enjoying themselves.

I put everything I wanted to hear at a wedding and also asked my guests what they wanted to hear.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was afraid to go with a DJ, my friend hired one and his play list was lame, not a lot of people were dancing until a good song came on.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So many options out there, everything works these days.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had the band play some soft acoustics, Norah Jones, John Mayer, I thought these were nice, soft, entrance songs
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a DJ for the entire day. We gave him all the genres we wanted to hear. He played 1/3 of them. But he was hit with the guests 😊
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We let our DJ decide and read the room

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics