Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lindsay
Newbie June 2025 Ontario

Asking (potential) bridesmaids

Lindsay, on April 26, 2024 at 11:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 2
Hi there! I’m at the point of asking my bridesmaids to be part of my bridal party! It’s super exciting but I’m worried some might not say yes since they have a lot going on in life - having babies, being out of the country, and planning their own wedding.

Any advice on how to ask incase they say no? How’s everyone asking their bridal party to be a part of their big day? Any gifts in the “proposal”/asking or are you leaving it to before the wedding?

2 Comments

Latest activity by CASSEY, on June 15, 2024 at 12:09
  • D
    Featured September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When asking potential bridesmaids/groomsmen, my wife put together gift boxes personalized for each one. Each contained either a small bottle of wine (red or white), or liquor (Scotch, Rum or Maker's Mark bourbon), a personalized wine or liquor glass, and bubble baths/soaps for the ladies and shaving gear for the men. We did it one at a time, usually on either a night out with them or having them at the home for dinner. One best man lived out of province so we had to deliver it to him personally, while on a wine tasting trip in those parts. This turned out to be a really good way of doing things!
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did not have a bridesmaid but if I did have one, I probably would have taken my best friend out to lunch and put together a cute gift/way of proposing the question to her. I think it's cute to make it fun. For those that are out of country maybe there's a cute digital way you could send them something cute?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics