Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate
Featured August 2022 Ontario

Wedding Date! What made you choose it.

Kate, on December 6, 2022 at 09:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18

Hello all!

Your special date, what was the reasoning behind?? Was it when the venue had availability or was it deliberate and represents something special?

For us, we actually had our wedding on my husbands birthday! I wanted a date in August because we had an outdoor terrace at our venue so weather was important and I did not want in the middle of summer but also I thought why not double the celebration?? Some might think it would then be shared and overshadowed but because my husband is not at all into his birthday, it ended up being pretty subtle but still sweet to recognize it Smiley heart Why not give more reason to party right?? That was my thinking Smiley smile

Wedding Date!  What made you choose it. 1

18 Comments

Latest activity by Petrina, on January 2, 2023 at 22:03
  • Petrina
    Curious September 2024 Ontario
    Petrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose September because we love Fall. The weather and the colors are beautiful.

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh totally! Nothing against November but it's such a funny time of year in Canada (where we live as well) - Halloween is done, Christmas is not yet here, and you can randomly get an early snowfall that happens haha - Good call on a summer wedding!

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

September can be such a stunning month - the temperature can be so perfect and comfortable - love it.

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agree! August is beautiful Smiley heart

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

At least it's close to it and even better that it's earlier! Smiley heart

• C
    Newbie June 2024 Alberta
    Chantelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The date we chose is June 22nd. We chose this date because it was the closest to our dating anniversary, November 21st. We want a summer wedding! It would be nice on November 21st, but we live in Canada, specifically in the province Alberta. It would probably be snowing by then and that's a big no-no for us haha.

• D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours (September 24) was chosen so we could have outdoor photos taken with the autumn leaves (although the ceremony/reception were both indoors). It also allowed us to book a weekend well in advance and at a time when there was less demand.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our date was chosen based on the season as you decided and in the same month. We got married 5 years now on 25th and that goes with my husbands birthday the month before and follows christmas 4 months later. It is a great season and temperature given where you have the ceremony.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We originally chose October 14th the 14th is our anniversary date, but they didn't have availability except for September 30th so we just jumped on it.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's such a lovely story!!!

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw I am so happy to hear that! That's so ideal that people come anyway to celebrate the couple.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nope not at all! All of guests made a vacation out of it anyways and stayed between 4-5 days. Nobody really cared that it was on a Sunday as long as we got married after having to postpone twice haha
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Happy you were able to keep it on the same weekend. Curious, how did you find having it on a Sunday in terms of guests attending? was there much decline if not any because of it?

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

May is a beautiful month, with Spring and everything coming back to life - I think it's a beautiful time for a wedding Smiley heart

Also cute that he did not want to wait!

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw so that date is super special - very cool Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our original date was August 8 2020. We chose that date because it was the first weekend in August and down in the Okanagan, it gets very hot during the last few weeks of July and the first few weeks of August! Anywhere from 35 - 40 and we love the heat. You're also usually in the clear for forest fires during that week as well.

Then our second date was August 7, 2021 same weekend as before and the same saturday just a year later thanks to covid. Then our third date was August 7 2022 but now on a sunday since the saturday was already booked. We wanted to keep our wedding date on the same weekend if we could.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awwww that's a sweet story.

OMG - our date changed so many times cuz my love could not decide. We got engaged this past May and he wanted the wedding this past October Smiley xd Smiley xd Um ya, no. He could not understand that places were booked, we had to save and it was last minute. But I let it go cause his answer was I don't want to wait Smiley heart We picked May 27, 2023 - we were unsure on the venue but we knew we did not want it too hot nor too cold; late May is always great weather. Fast forward a month and we find out the venue we choose had a glitch in the system and we were double booked. As we were the second booking for that day, it was only fair that only one bride cry, not two. After going through all the days in May that would not work (Mother's Day, My Bday, May 2-4) we decided on May 6. Now that the ceremony/reception is indoors, we do not have to worry on weather, too much

• Stevie
    Frequent user September 2023 Ontario
    Stevie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The date we chose (Sept 3) is our original dating anniversary and also the anniversary of the day my fiancée proposed! And funny enough, the venue we chose is the same place we had one of our very first dates ❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics