Skip to main content
Michelle
Michelle

Halifax, Nova Scotia · From May 2018

Married and still planning a wedding! My partner and I are high school sweethearts, and while we've postponed our big wedding plans due to covid-19 we... View more

Married and still planning a wedding! My partner and I are high school sweethearts, and while we've postponed our big wedding plans due to covid-19 we still got married on our original date in a small legal ceremony with a few friends and our parents.

Happily married 🎉

October 8, 2021

902days 17hrs
Amanda
Sweets table
Amanda, On November 25, 2021 at 12:19

Hi everyone! What would you include on a sweets table and how much of everything ?? We have 110 people and I don’t really want to waste anything. We’re doing a small cake for photo ops and such, but...

Michelle, friday 3-Dec-21 6
Laura
Dress Alterations Timeline
Laura, On November 29, 2021 at 10:22

How much time is typically needed for alterations? I'm wearing a very simple dress without layers and fancy fabric so its uncomplicated, however I am in BC and my dress is in Ontario. I won't be home...

Michelle, friday 3-Dec-21 4
Ashley
Requiring Vaccines for Guests
Ashley, On December 1, 2021 at 15:16

My fiancé and I have decided that we would like to require guests to be fully vaccinated to attend our wedding. We are wondering how to comminute this to guests and if there was a nice way to say this...

katiekies, thursday 24-Feb-22 11 1
Meagan
Day of coordinator costs
Meagan, On November 9, 2021 at 13:07

Looking for some insight on how much couples have paid for their day of coordinator. We haven't fully committed to hiring one yet, but I feel like it would be best and less stress for us if we did. We...

Vinod, monday 15-Nov-21 6
Lindsay
Cricut Joy
Lindsay, On November 8, 2021 at 14:23

Hi everyone! Have any of you guys used the Cricut Joy for your wedding DIY’s if so I need some ideas on how to use it for my wedding. Please show your ideas with me

Liberty, thursday 11-Nov-21 12
Melissa
We Did it!
Melissa, On November 8, 2021 at 14:27

After having to postpone our wedding due to COVID, then doing a complete 180 on our original plan we finally got married on September 25th. We have a small backyard wedding and it was nothing short of...

Vinod, monday 15-Nov-21 12 3
Hailey
What date to i put to rsvp by?
Hailey, On November 7, 2021 at 17:36

My wedding is June 11 2022 my family is making/prepping all the food so I want to get a headcount sooner than later.. as we have to go buy all the food and want enough time to nt stress about it. what...

Vinod, monday 15-Nov-21 8
Zara
Winter Venue Colors?
Zara, On November 4, 2021 at 16:49

Hi everyone, after postponing twice and having to find a new venue because of problems with my previous location, I am planning my event again! I am excited as it is in two months. Do you have any...

Alexandra, monday 8-Nov-21 9
Hank
Wedding Jitters
Hank, On October 27, 2021 at 15:42

Anything in particular about your wedding itself on the big day that makes you nervous? Some people don't like public speaking so speeches are scary. Some people hate the camera so the idea of being...

Michelle, thursday 28-Oct-21 11
S
Honeymoon suggestions in Canada!
Samantha, On October 26, 2021 at 10:46

Good Morning! Just wondering if any recently married or soon-to-be married couples have suggestions for a Honeymoon in Canada May 2022? Any locations you have visited and LOVED, we would love your...

Darbi, monday 25-Apr-22 23 2
Hank
Where to Post Photos After Wedding
Hank, On October 26, 2021 at 07:53

How do you plan on sending out photos after the wedding? Are you sending a link to your photographer's gallery, making a public album, posting on social media, or emailing them individually to each...

Kate, monday 7-Nov-22 8
Tunisha
We got married!! 💐🥰 10.16.21
Tunisha, On October 24, 2021 at 14:27

Hello Everyone, Just wanted to share with you awesome people!! I GOT A WHOLE ASS HUSBAND! 😍🥰 From friend, to fiancé, to husband! I was stressed with the rain at first. Wanted to have our ceremony on...

Tunisha, tuesday 19-Apr-22 46
Itsemmalouisa
Movie Wedding Theme: Cute and Fun or Tacky?
Itsemmalouisa, On October 20, 2021 at 18:00

My fiancé and I both love movies and it’s something we love to do together. We were brainstorming theme ideas and came up with movies which we both thought could be a really fun way to showcase us as...

Itsemmalouisa, tuesday 26-Oct-21 8 1
Michelle
We did it! (again)
Michelle, On October 18, 2021 at 14:21

Friday October 8th was the big day! We finally got to have our big wedding that we had postponed from last year. Since we did the legal marriage last year we had a vow renewal style ceremony with the...

Audrey, saturday 23-Oct-21 13 205
Olivia
Am i forgetting anything?
Olivia, On October 7, 2021 at 07:26

My wedding is in 16 days!!! I’m so so excited and so anxious about it, it doesn’t even feel real and probably won’t until the week of. I’ve made a checklist/timeline of the entire day before and day...

Michelle, monday 18-Oct-21 11
Erica
How did you choose your wedding date? Ours is October 8, 2022
Erica, On September 28, 2021 at 10:50

We picked our date based on the venue's availability, but we new we wanted early-October for the beautiful Fall colours. How did everyone else pick this date??

Meghan, wednesday 13-Oct-21 8
Soraya
Small wedding
Soraya, On September 17, 2021 at 07:38

Hi everyone, With the vaccine passeport in Québec we were thinking about the members of our family that won’t be taking the vaccine. Now, we are thinking about doing our wedding at cottage or in a...

Tunisha, monday 20-Sep-21 14
Brae
Vendor List Trouble - Dress and Other
Brae, On September 16, 2021 at 22:59

Does anyone know how to add a vendor that isn't in the system. I want to add my dress and pictures of the art we had commissioned for our invites, but there's no way of uploading them that I can find....

Joey, monday 20-Sep-21 2
Liberty
Wedding Signage
Liberty, On September 14, 2021 at 22:36

My friend got me these two signs from a staff sale at her work and I'm soo excited about them I wanted to share! Obviously I will have to change the names which should be fairly easy since it's just a...

Daily, tuesday 21-Sep-21 11 1
Heidi
Wedding Invitations & Gifts
Heidi, On September 12, 2021 at 21:59

Hi everyone. Our wedding is in November and I am getting ready to send invites. However, due to current restrictions on weddings, we have decided to have the ceremony only and we will have our...

Vinod, saturday 18-Sep-21 7
Liberty
Days Slipping Away
Liberty, On September 1, 2021 at 14:27

When we set our date, our wedding was 560ish days away. Now we are sitting at 263 days away and I feel like days are slipping away! I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed with everything that's...

Meghan, saturday 16-Oct-21 18
D
Actively looking for wedding hair/make up artist
Diana, On August 31, 2021 at 17:55

Hi everyone! I'm getting married August of next year and need a good recommendation for a make up/hair artist that is experienced in working with Asian features (I'm chinese). I'm also getting married...

Diana, wednesday 1-Sep-21 4
Taylor
Late Night Food
Taylor, On August 29, 2021 at 10:46

Looking for some ideas on late night food options! We would love something a little different than the usual, but are open to more or less anything!

Karen, thursday 2-Sep-21 11 1
Nicole
Bridal Shapewear
Nicole, On August 25, 2021 at 21:37

Im looking for suggestions on great shapewear. I've never purchased any before and I have no idea where to start. Im wearing a fitted gown, with a low back, spaghetti straps and a plunge neckline so...

Jane, monday 30-Aug-21 6
Sara
We did it!!! August 14, 2021
Sara, On August 18, 2021 at 12:20

Just wanted to share a sneak peek of our day! I can honestly say this was the best day of my entire life. Everything went off without a hitch! The two years of planning and replanning, stressing and...

Kara, monday 23-Aug-21 9
Amanda
First Dance Songs
Amanda, On July 19, 2021 at 14:03

Hey Everyone! What have you and your significant other chosen for your first dance song as a married couple?! It's always nice to see what everyone has picked My fiance and I have gone with LONESTAR -...

Amanda, monday 4-Oct-21 36
Jessica
Table Planning
Jessica, On August 16, 2021 at 22:34

Hey everyone!! Has anyone used the seating plan function? I can't figure it out and it could definitely just be me. Let me know if you have experience and are willing to help

Jessica, wednesday 18-Aug-21 5
Maude
Save the dates and invitation
Maude, On August 12, 2021 at 02:07

Hey everyone. I am trying to decide if sending out Save The Date cards is necessary and whether to include the link for our wedding website. The website has good planning information but it also has...

Karen, sunday 22-Aug-21 11
Hank
Grand Exit Ideas Without Sparklers
Hank, On August 9, 2021 at 18:43

Anyone have any grand exit ideas that don't involve sparklers or pyrotechnics?

Rayanne, friday 13-Aug-21 8
Rayanne
Honouring loved ones at wedding
Rayanne, On August 3, 2021 at 12:41

This weekend has been particularly hard for my family. On Saturday we lost my future MIL. Of course all parts of our lives have changed but we know on our wedding day her absence will be felt. We are...

Joey, thursday 5-Aug-21 13
Hailey
Head table Questions
Hailey, On July 28, 2021 at 12:15

Hi all! I would love to hear your opinions. So my FH and I are only having a best man/MOH (witnesses) now do I make our head table just me and him? or do I have the best man/MOH with us? The issue...

Jess, tuesday 10-Aug-21 12
S
Wedding night accommodations
Sandy, On July 27, 2021 at 01:24

Just curious what people did or have planned for wedding night accommodations? We're debating if we should just head back home or book a bnb/hotel. Also if anyone has booked a bnb/hotel, any...

Annemarie, thursday 5-May-22 10

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics