Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Itsemmalouisa
Beginner July 2023 Ontario

Movie Wedding Theme: Cute and Fun or Tacky?

Itsemmalouisa, on October 20, 2021 at 18:00 Posted in Wedding reception 1 8
My fiancé and I both love movies and it’s something we love to do together. We were brainstorming theme ideas and came up with movies which we both thought could be a really fun way to showcase us as a couple.
My only concern is that I don’t want the wedding to look tacky or like a birthday party.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this theme idea? Either as a while or ideas of how to incorporate it!Thank you💕🎞
Examples of movies we like:Harry PotterStar WarsMarvelDisney Animated

8 Comments

Latest activity by Itsemmalouisa, on October 26, 2021 at 18:32
  • Itsemmalouisa
    Itsemmalouisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that! That’s a nice way to incorporate it without going overboard!
  • Itsemmalouisa
    Itsemmalouisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you guys so much! These are all really helpful! We were thinking of naming the tables after our favourite movies and saying like “Screen One: The Avengers” and so forth. And my fiancé suggested doing an instrumental version of a song from one of our favourite movies for the ceremony processional which could be really nice.
  • Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What might be kinda a fun idea is having your favorite movies themed for each table (if you're doing a sit down dinner)

I want to echo what Stacey TC said and don't go overboard...just little things here and there around your wedding would be cute

• T
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't want a themed wedding but my fiancé chose May the 4th as our wedding date...so we are incorporating a couple nods to Star wars without theme our wedding. We are getting those facy decorated cookies of baby yoda for our favors, we are using the Imperial march by a string quartet as one of the processional songs and we have one sign that says "Eat, drink and may the force be with you". So I think you can do little things incorporating your interests without being tacky at all.

• Audrey
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Michelle those are great ideas!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We almost went that route for our cocktail hour: I was thinking gatsby stytle decor (we already had the gold venue, just needed the black table cloths, big feathers and pop of red), red carpet photo booth, videographer going around "interviewing" guests like an awards show (it would've been our version of a guest book), cinema marquee for the seating chart, table numbers would be the "theatre" with a different movie title, flavoured popcorn during cocktail hour, etc. But covid put a stop to some of those things and when I wasn't able to fully commit to it, I dropped it.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this is an adorable idea and there's definitely ways to incorporate the theme without being tacky and "birthday party esque"

You could have popcorn or other movie theatre snacks as a late night snack or incorporated into a dessert table. Name your signature cocktails after your favourite movie themes or genres, name your tables after movies instead of just numbering them. Do your first dance to a song from your favourite movie, maybe even have a photobooth backdrop set up like a red carpet.

• Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's cute! Just be careful not to go too "novelty".

Some great things to add are:
    Movie ticket invites which can still look elegant

Character name/Movie title table (instead of numbers), though I wouldn't add the photo or logo

Themed socks that are hidden from view but shown during photos.

Movie themed photo booth

movie themed desserts

(I had some images but the site crashes every time I try to add them.)

I'd say have a few things but don't go overboard.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics