Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Grand Exit Ideas Without Sparklers

Hank, on August 9, 2021 at 18:43 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8

Anyone have any grand exit ideas that don't involve sparklers or pyrotechnics?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on August 13, 2021 at 08:24
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One thing I was looking at was the led balloons. They can look amazing in photos....
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just make sure not every single guest uses their flashlight cause it might end up too bright!

On the music video we used this technique for we had about 1 out of every 3-4 audience members hold up their phones

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

End of the night. We're not having a dance party so we want something to actually end the night after the dinner reception.

Hmm...I'm going to try the cellphone flashlight idea.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We can't do bubbles due to covid and our venue charges for confetti cleanup. The ribbon wand thing is a possibility though!

• Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing bubbles! There are restrictions on confetti where our ceremony is so we thought this would be a good alternative. Plus, the photos look so pretty!

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you planning it for after your ceremony or at the end of the night?

I like the ribbon wand idea for a day-time exit, or colourful confetti.

I think sparklers have become so popular because a lot of people are doing their grad exits as they leave the reception so it really lights the way out. But glow sticks could be cool, or even get guests to use their cellphone cameras and have the photographer use a more shallow depth of field so you get that nice diffused look from the lights (we did this on a music video shoot I worked on one time and it looked super cool)

• Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here's a few ideas I've come across:

bubbles, glow sticks (could see if you could get all the same colour so it looks less rave-y, lol), dried flowers/petals, biodegradable confetti (or seed paper cut outs of shapes like hearts), ribbon wands (attached picture, wands with ribbons and sometimes bells for people to wave, they look really cute)

Grand Exit Ideas Without Sparklers 1

• Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there!
    My fiancé and I might do bubbles for our guests. We have “herd” of nephews and nieces so we wanted something that would be fun for them too. I am looking at the 100 pack on Amazon. It’s not too expensive. Another thought is having a eco-friendly grand exit such as using herbs or dried flowers as something to toss.

All the best!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics