Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erica
Newbie October 2022 Ontario

How did you choose your wedding date? Ours is October 8, 2022

Erica, on September 28, 2021 at 10:50 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
We picked our date based on the venue's availability, but we new we wanted early-October for the beautiful Fall colours. How did everyone else pick this date??

8 Comments

Latest activity by Meghan, on October 13, 2021 at 16:39
  • Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted a September wedding Fiancé originally wanted a summer wedding but we didn't want to be sweating all day considering our wedding is mainly outside, he knows I love fall and wanted more of a country rustic boho theme and September would go best with the theme, So how we landed on Sept 10, 2022 was we knew that we didn't want to get married on the labour day long weekend, the 18th is my cousins birthday who is also my bridesmaid and the 25th is my fiancé's sister wedding anniversary so we took decided to get married on the 10th!

• Kasia
    Beginner October 2022 Alberta
    Kasia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey! Fellow Oct 8, 2022 bride here Smiley smile

We got engaged back in 2020 and we knew we wanted to take wedding planning slow since I'm still in school working on my accounting designation.. I always wanted a fall wedding though so we picked October right after I finish my program! I picked the 8th cause it was earlier in Oct and I think the date 10/8/2022 looks really nice, as weird as that may sound LOL.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When we got engaged in Dec 2020, I knew ideally I'd like a summer wedding, maybe spring. We agreed on 2022 right away. Then both of us wrote down all the potential wedding dates between May-August. From both our lists, we picked a top 3 dates. Of our top 3 dates, we had the same favorite! So we will be getting married May 22, 2022!
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We picked our original date based off it sounding cool 10/10/2020 and the fact that it was the anniversary of when my parents met. We also love fall and October stood out as being great weather wise where we live.

Our postponed reception date however we picked based off of our venue's availability. We have a separate ceremony and reception venue so coordinating between them when everyone started postponing wasn't easy. We couldn't get the exact same date, but it's close enough 10/08/2021

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We picked our date based on a combination of being able to have an outdoor wedding in case we needed to due to covid and Chinese auspicious dates. Though our date could be a hit or miss with the temperature (the September long weekend could swing super hot or chilly), it ended up being really nice and none of us were hot outside in our black suits.

We felt the September long weekend was the safest choice for us. Ontario didn't really reopen until June and July/August would've been too hot for us. We also hoped we could avoid a major fourth wave (which thankfully never blew up due to our restrictions and high vaccination rates) if we held our event prior to school reopening. And having it on a Sunday long weekend meant our family and bridal party didn't have to prep for work for the next day.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our date is August 7 2022. We've postponed twice now. August 8 2020 was our original date then we postponed to August 7 2021, then we postponed one more time because of covid to August 7 2022. Luckily we did postpone this year to next summer because the forest fires in the Okanagan were terrible this year!! My fiance and I chose our date because we both wanted to have a summer wedding. We picked the first week of August because that's normally the hottest part of the year in Kelowna BC anywhere from 32-40. Not to mention our venue is absolutely beautiful in the summer!

How did you choose your wedding date? Ours is October 8, 2022 1

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Erika 👋🏾
    Ours is in the fall as well, October 16th.
    Same as you, based upon availability with our venue. We changed venue later on. They gave us November 19th and we asked if a couple cancel their wedding, if we can look into that date. So we were happy to have it in October! 😁
    Also, look at my background for to see the beautiful fall leaves for the ceremony!How did you choose your wedding date? Ours is October 8, 2022 2
    This is it a last month…How did you choose your wedding date? Ours is October 8, 2022 3
  • Kevin
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Kevin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Same here! Love Fall weather as opposed to the Summer since I would die in 24C +. Also wanted everyone to enjoy a real summer (Hopefully we're done or in a better spot for Covid related issues) without having to worry about going to too many events. We know we want to make sure we can attend any concerts and big summer festivals in 2022. Plus it gives everyone a chance to have that extra day to recover with it being Thanksgiving Weekend.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics