Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Soraya
Beginner August 2024 Ontario

Small wedding

Soraya, on September 17, 2021 at 07:38 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
Hi everyone,

With the vaccine passeport in Québec we were thinking about the members of our family that won’t be taking the vaccine. Now, we are thinking about doing our wedding at cottage or in a backyard. This way everyone can intend vaccined or not.
Did anyone of you already did a wedding at a cottage or in a backyard. I am looking for inspiration, ideas, advice, anything that could help.
Thank you

14 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on September 20, 2021 at 08:11
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know right!!! It’s getting crazy day by day!! 😭
    Slowly getting over it since it messed up the guests list. Then the fiancé is here adding more people feeling bad that they didn’t make the list. 🤦🏽‍♀️ Counting on the children, saying they are not on the list and counting out the servers that they shouldn’t be on the list. Ugh!
  • Trish
    Newbie November 2021 British Columbia
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The set up for the wedding can be the same for reception seating so your guests can watch from their seats and then enjoy dinner after while you take your pictures

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The set up for the wedding can be the same for reception seating so your guests can watch from their seats and then enjoy dinner after while you take your pictures.

Tables from family borrowed may be an idea for cake and decor separately as a large for dinner.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is definitely very confusing and it changes so quickly. We have an appointment with our venue (132 days before wedding) never had the chance to do a tasting to find out how many people we can have, what the rules are right now, how many people can be at a table. So many questions we need answers that can all be different by next month.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The second part was related to Ontario for “before October 12th.”

It’s just so confusing in general. But businesses/venue have their “right” to choose their policy at this time.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think it is because the wedding is not before Oct 12 this year. After that guests will be required to be vaccinated.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow, that’s really weird!!
    I guess the venue can decide if they would like everyone to be vaccinated. So frustrating to deal with government vs. Venue.

That being said, having a backyard wedding will be amazing anyways. You’ll be able to set it up how you like it.
    How many people are you planning to have?
    Are you planning to have both ceremony and reception in the backyard?
    Are you planning to rent a location for backyard style?
    Here are some links below that I was reviewing when I was thinking about a backyard wedding option. https://medium.com/@mariepoulin/we-diyd-our-backyard-wedding-what-we-learned-5978d203977c

https://www.google.com/amp/s/parade.com/1136653/stephanieosmanski/small-backyard-wedding-ideas/amp/
  • Soraya
    Soraya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s so confusing. My avenue send us an email saying that all guest must be vaccinated. I did call to different venue just to verify and they all required vaccination.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Soraya,
    I thought that guests/people can attend weddings even if they are not vaccinated?

Small wedding 1

I was planning a backyard wedding. However, we did not proceed because our parents were thinking about if we’ll have a tent incase and depends on when the wedding starts in the day.
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm from Nova Scotia, and it was in Dartmouth

• Soraya
    Soraya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    WoW!!! This is beautiful ☺️
  • Soraya
    Soraya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your message. May I asked where was your Airbnb. Or, do you remember de name of the location. Thank you ☺️
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had our wedding last June in my in-laws backyard. It was perfect and we had a pergola as our ceremony back drop and placed flower pots on either side in our colours. Then we had a table with personalized hand sanitizer, our cake, and bottles of water. We also had an iced tea table, and a nice little lounge set up. Then we set up a long farm table under a gazebo for dinner and lined it with some drapery. Just super simple and let the natural beauty of the yard shine. Small wedding 2

Small wedding 3
    Small wedding 4

Small wedding 5

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did a small backyard wedding at an airbnb last October!

We rented a big table and tablecloth for our cake and some snacks. Used some decor from our home and also purchased some faux eucalyptus vines from amazon. Rented a gold circular arch, small signing table and some chairs.

It was super in-formal, there was no aisle for me to walk down because of the layout and slope of the backyard, so we walked in together from the side

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics