Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Heidi
Newbie November 2021 Ontario

Wedding Invitations & Gifts

Heidi, on September 12, 2021 at 21:59 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Hi everyone. Our wedding is in November and I am getting ready to send invites. However, due to current restrictions on weddings, we have decided to have the ceremony only and we will have our reception at a later date(date is TBD). I have two concerns or questions:

1. How do I handle invites in this case? Should I send new invites whenever we are ready to have the reception? Do I write “ceremony only reception date tbd”? What if we are unsure if we will have the reception at all?
2. Should we/ can we have a gift envelope box at the ceremony? I’m not sure what to do 😩
Thanks everyone!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on September 18, 2021 at 17:27
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The wedding information to be changed can by done by social media or a note sent to your guests saying Due to circumstances, our wedding will be held as the Reception will be set for another date. We will have the information sent upon date set.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Stacey, I wouldn't put "Reception to follow" that would mean you're having it right after the ceremony like a regular wedding. You could write instead "Ceremony only, Reception will be at a later date"

• Heidi
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

• Heidi
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

• Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd actually advise against "Reception to follow". Traditionally that means that there will be a reception immediately following the ceremony at the same location. You may confuse some people.

Stephanie's wording is more clear. “details to postponed reception to follow” or "Reception postponed" I think would also be fine.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello,

Saw this website. It gives examples of how to word your reception invitations. You can omit the word reception to include the word ceremony instead. https://www.brides.com/story/reception-only-wedding-invitation-wording
    I would add “details to postponed reception to follow”. Just so they know they are two separate events.
    Here’s another website if you have to change things due to COVID. Fingers crossed it’s not needed for anyone anymore. https://www.brides.com/wedding-messaging-during-coronavirus-4844989
    All the best
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

People will probably bring cards, so definitely have a card box set up.

As for wording on the invitation, most invites I've seen have said something like "reception to follow", I think if you don't have that then it might be implied that there isn't a reception planned.

I would maybe put something about it on your wedding website though if you're worried people might be confused.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics