Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hailey
Expert June 2022 British Columbia

What date to i put to rsvp by?

Hailey, on November 7, 2021 at 17:36 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
My wedding is June 11 2022 my family is making/prepping all the food so I want to get a headcount sooner than later.. as we have to go buy all the food and want enough time to nt stress about it.
what is an ok date to have the guests RSVP by? Can I do 2 months before?
(I was thinking of sending my invites out I January)

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on November 15, 2021 at 13:50
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The RSVP date can be set for 6 weeks to 2 months time to get your count and be prepared to get what you need for the food. The invitation though should be held to be sent out at least 3 months prior to the date.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

6 weeks is more than enough, I think. You can send the invites on April 4 with a RSVP deadline for April 29 and take an extra week to follow up with stragglers.

By May 6, more than a month out, your family can prep the food based on who you have accordingly.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In my experience, people will not rsvp on time. I put September 1st as our rsvp by date for our October 8th wedding, and we had gotten like 10 responses by that date.

I would say put an early date, and then start contacting people a few days after the date you put.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My pleasure!! A month is the typical RSVP deadline so this should be no problem at all. Honestly though, if you want to give yourself more breathing space (especially for the inevitable non-responders), do two months, or split the difference and do 1.5 months. We have friends that did all the cooking themselves too, for 120 guests, (with family and friends/wedding party - my husband included) and it was a TON of work but mostly the week of. It's your wedding and your sanity - do what feels right!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for responding I think I'll send the invites out later closer to the date.. Smiley smile
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We have 55 people and it's a back yard wedding so alot of my family is helping plan it which is nice. But when it comes to the food we're doing ribs, chicken and ham & buying the food and cooking it kind of thing.. do you think if I asked to rsvp a month before the wedding it would be okay? I think it would help my stress level as I already feel over whelmed about a lot of stuff LOL

I definitely won't send the invites out that early.. I think mostly everyone has the date saved anyways. I will take your advice and send the invites out 3 months..
    Thank you for responding!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If two months before will help you keep your stress down, there's no reason you can't do it! We did one month as we had to give the venue final numbers 3 weeks out. I would not send your invites that early though - if people don't RSVP right away, they'll forget. I would only send them 3 months out, giving them a shorter time frame to decide if they're coming or not but also not having them think about something 5-6 months out already. If you have guests who have to travel far, you can send theirs earlier or just make sure they know about the wedding.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If your wedding is in June, I would maybe send out your invites anywhere from 6-12 weeks before hand and have a final count for RSVP's by a month before. I think that is plenty of time to get all the food that you need Smiley smile

My fiance and I are sending out our invites the first week of May for our August 8 2022 wedding and we need to have final numbers for food 3 weeks before hand.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics