Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Wedding Jitters

Hank, on October 27, 2021 at 15:42 Posted in Wedding reception 0 11

Anything in particular about your wedding itself on the big day that makes you nervous? Some people don't like public speaking so speeches are scary. Some people hate the camera so the idea of being in every photo makes them anxious. And some people just hate being in the center of attention (ie my wife lol).

For me, it was the idea of dancing in front of our family and friends. We didn't take dancing lessons (though we would have if it weren't for covid) so I was already in the mindset that we'd be doing the grade 8 slow dance lol. I know we shouldn't care what our guests think and just enjoy the moment but a small part of me did think "what if they get bored?"

11 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on October 28, 2021 at 13:13
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was honestly only nervous about tripping walking down the aisle. My dad has mobility issues and I'm clumsy, combined with our choice to layer persian rugs as our aisle runner tripping was a big concern of mine. Thankfully we all made it down (and back up) the aisle without one mishap!

• Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha, that's what people keep saying. I'm glad our officiant is a good friend and a goof, he'll totally make things more comfortable!

SO and him joke that if I get too freaked out, they'll just marry each other Smiley xd

• Darlene
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Darlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was nervous about being a total wreck all day. I’m a very emotional personal and thought I would cry constantly. It turns out I only cried a couple times. Once walking down the aisle to see my groom for the first time and while he recited his vows. I was very surprised with myself.
    The day goes so quickly I feel like you don’t even have time to be nervous throughout the day.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You can play the role of bride, with the script (vows) written by the officiant hehe

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I'd take boring over bad too
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ours was 4.5 minutes. My wife kind of freaked out on why the song is so long but she picked it! Smiley xd

That being said, as a guest, I would rather see a boring dance than a really bad dance.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh wait, I am very nervous about it potentially snowing!! I hate snow and being cold sooo much and I didnt even think about the fact it could snow until it was pretty much too late to change our date!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is just under 7 months away and I have zero jitters about anything right now! All I can think about is how excited I am to marry my Fiancé!!
  • Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't particularly like being center of attention either, so this will be challenging for me LOL

• Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hate being the centre of attention! My friends and family don't get it sometimes because I'm an actor, but it's different having a script written by someone else and getting to be a completely different person.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol I guess all of it makes me nervous thinking about it but I'm sure once the time comes I'll be ok. I do not enjoy public speaking or being vulnerable in front of people (no matter how much I love my family). I doubt we have time to do any dance lessons so our guests may get bored but at least it's only 3 minutes of their lives....no stairway to heaven at least. I try to force myself to be in pictures because I think one day my children will want those but I can't say I enjoy having my picture taken.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics