Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hailey
Expert June 2022 British Columbia

Head table Questions

Hailey, on July 28, 2021 at 12:15 Posted in Wedding reception 0 12

Hi all!

I would love to hear your opinions.

So my FH and I are only having a best man/MOH (witnesses) now do I make our head table just me and him? or do I have the best man/MOH with us? The issue with that is I feel I need to include the best mans wife at the table with him as there is some drama with some family members/best man so I don't want to make his wife uncomfortable by splitting them up. so it would also be an uneven amount at the head table..

Any advice would be super helpful!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Jess, on August 10, 2021 at 22:30
  • Jess
    Curious May 2023 British Columbia
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was considering a sweetheart table but my fiance and I really want to be with our friends and family so it feels odd to separate ourselves.

We came across a King's Table idea so that we could possible include our wedding parties partners and also our immediate family and still have other tables all around. Something like the picture below
    Head table Questions 1

• Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there!
    I am planning on having our parents and us (bride and groom) at the head table. We have three groomsmen and three bridesmaids (including the Best Man and MOH). Almost all of them have plus ones. So we are doing a wedding party table with the rest of the guests so they can sit with their S.O.‘s or their family as one has two kids. To still make the wedding party feel more VIP I wanted to get these acrylic name plates for those involved in the wedding party (I.e. Best Man, Maid of Honour, Bridesmaid, Groomsman). Hope this helps!
    https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/983021119/blank-clear-acrylic-table-place-cards-30?ref=user_curated_list-3&frs=1
  • Claudia
    Newbie August 2022 Ontario
    Claudia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What we're planning on doing is having our MOH & BM sit with their SO & family but having both of our parents sitting at the head table with us Smiley smile

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think we’re aiming towards a sweet heart but putting th best man and maid of honor at the same table away from the family members who aren’t speaking to them to keep the peace LOL
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are also only have a maid of honor and best man standing up for us. Each significant other will be sitting with the rest of the guests. If you guys have issues with family members sitting together with his wife then I would maybe suggest a sweetheart table. That way the wife can sit together or she could even sit with other friends of yours if a sweat heart table isn't available

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah for sure, the issue is if I put my parents it would cause my FH mom & grandmother up there too. I think I am leaning towards a sweet heart table.. the whole drama about it is kind of over rated in my opinion 😅 thanks for your opinion!! Means a lot
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It absolutely SUCKS being split from your partner at a wedding and there was no way we were doing that. We had always said our parents would sit with us at the hear table (customary for my background) but if they hadn't we definitely would have just done a sweetheart table. Keeps just you front and centre, which is why everyone's there! We don't understand at all why the wedding party would be front and centre - just our opinion 🤷🏻‍♀️.
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you for all for your input! I’m going to bring this up to my fiancé and see how he feel! 😊
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It sounds like just doing a sweetheart table would be your best option. I always thought splitting up couples so one could sit at a head table was a bit weird and I would also find it weird if a partner of a friend sat with the couple instead of people like their families or other close friends.

I think your instincts are right here. Do what feels most comfortable and will lead to the least amount of drama on your wedding day! And if you're worried about not spending as much time with your wedding party since you'll be at different tables - don't. You'll be with your MOH all day and so much in the lead up to the wedding and same with your partner and his best man. Enjoy your time at your table with your partner as newlyweds!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unless you're completely obsessed with the idea of equal numbers, I wouldn't let things like having an extra person at the head table bug you. If it does, you can do a sweetheart table like others have suggested, or allow your MOH to also bring a date to the head table.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did a sweetheart table so that everyone could sit with their partners (and kids if it applied) and we felt it made everything much less complicated for everyone involved. I also loved the intimacy that a sweetheart table provided for me and my now husband.
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe do a sweetheart table with just the two of you?

That way the Best Man can sit with his wife and you can even seat them separately from any drama that could ensue.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics