Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Curious September 2023 Ontario

Sweets table

Amanda, on November 25, 2021 at 12:19 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
Hi everyone! What would you include on a sweets table and how much of everything ?? We have 110 people and I don’t really want to waste anything. We’re doing a small cake for photo ops and such, but other than that everything will be desserts

6 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on December 3, 2021 at 15:55
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One thing we forgot to have was a vegan dessert option on our table, it completely slipped my mind until one of our guests asked me if there was anything that was dairy free.

We had a couple of pies, cupcakes, macarons for a gluten free option (of course we remembered gluten free but not dairy free) brownies and our wedding cake.

Everything got eaten, we barely even got to it ourselves except for during our cake cutting. For reference we had about 70 guests

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having sweet table as well with pies. cupcakes. cheesecakes, cookies etc. To ensure nothing goes to waste, we are going to have boxes for guests to take any extras home.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you serving a dessert course as part of your venue. If your meal comes with dessert, that affects how much a sweet table you'll need if you don't want too much extra left that may go to waste.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Jamie Wolfer has a video on YouTube all about dessert tables, I found it very helpful and will be using that video as reference when I'm finalizing our dessert table
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've read that dessert should be for approximately 70-80% of your guest list (its possible you may have older relatives who leave early/people with dietary restrictions won't have sweets). Pick an assortment of petit-fours or cupcakes and fruit and get enough so that everyone can at least have one or two out of the selection. You definitely don't need one of everything for each guest (unless you want to make it simple and just do cupcakes for example).

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Assorted pastries can be a good way to serve different varieties. Cutting down on the servings may help since some guests don't have a sweet tooth. Fruit is also a great way to give the other healthy alternative.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics