Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laura
Devoted June 2022 Ontario

Dress Alterations Timeline

Laura, on November 29, 2021 at 10:22 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 4

How much time is typically needed for alterations? I'm wearing a very simple dress without layers and fancy fabric so its uncomplicated, however I am in BC and my dress is in Ontario. I won't be home to ON until late April/early May and the wedding is end of June. Am I leaving it too late? I feel like I am, especially given that is right during prime wedding season for getting dresses out the door.

Straps need to be shortened and dress hemmed in general and the waist taken in a bit.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on December 3, 2021 at 15:48
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had three fittings because they needed to hem my dress before planning the bustle that I wanted. I had my first fitting exactly two months out from my wedding day

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! That's super helpful. I contacted a few today and it sounds like if I come in when I get home at about 8 weeks from the wedding I'll be just fine.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most seamstresses suggest coming 6 weeks out to your first appointment. That was mine and I ended up needing extra appointments and still had extra time. I think you'll be fine.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would personally talk to the seamstress that you're taking your dress to. They will know exactly how long for your pacific alterations. Also don't forget May is like prime for alterations for Prom dresses as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics