'Hamilton', Ontario · From January 2018

just doing the thing

Happily married 🎉

May 22, 2021

1041days 22hrs
Natasha
may 22nd 2021 - Stay at home order might end two days before
Natasha, On May 3, 2021 at 15:27

My head hurts so much. This is our 3rd time trying to make this wedding happen. My FMIL is driving me crazy. She wants to to call the catering and tell them we will take them to small claims. My mom...

Vinod, friday 28-May-21 32 1
Charlotte
Wedding postponement / cancellation notice
Charlotte, On March 17, 2021 at 09:12

We are currently at the point where our venue wedding for July is changing to a small backyard wedding. We are thinking we will just change it - no big celebration next year either. Just the small...

Natasha, wednesday 17-Mar-21 3 1
Sadia
Covid-19 + wedding season
Sadia, On March 11, 2020 at 23:31

I feel like this conversation was bound to come up. Any brides on here that are *starting* to get a little alarmed/concerned that the virus might interfere with their wedding? Do they even offer...

Amanda, friday 19-Jun-20 267 10
Natasha
Welcome Gift Bag
Natasha, On March 9, 2020 at 11:35

Hey All, We have a whole clan of guests coming up from the US to attend our wedding in May. We wanted to put together a welcome bag for everyone in their hotel rooms. My FH is gonna create an info...

Shannon, tuesday 10-Mar-20 20
Lynnie
Green or Red Light: Wedding Favours?
Lynnie, On March 9, 2020 at 09:05

Wedding favours are an item that keeps coming up for debate when it comes to cutting down on wedding costs! Are you giving guest favours the red light? Or keeping them going? Photo from Baking Up...

Veronica, monday 26-Oct-20 35
Lynnie
Green or Red Light: Last Dance?

Are you planning one final private spin with your future spouse to end the reception? Or selecting the perfect song for all your guests to hit the floor for one last dance? Or is this one extra thing...

Julia, monday 14-Sep-20 24
Lynnie
Green or Red Light: Wedding Band?

Live bands can have a big impact on your reception, but they also mean big bucks!! 💰 Have you already decided on a DJ, or are you entertaining thoughts of a live band? Does a live band get your green...

Julia, monday 14-Sep-20 27
Lynnie
Green or Red Light: Table Names?

Table names are a fun reception trend, and an easy way to get creative with your theme! What's your take on using table names instead of standard table numbers? Are you giving table names a green or...

Julia, tuesday 15-Sep-20 25
Lynnie
Green or Red Light: Top Table?

Will you and your wedding party have front row seats at a head table at your reception? Or have you decided on a sweetheart table, or another seating selection? Are you giving the green light to a...

Amanda, wednesday 16-Sep-20 28
Cliodhna
Green or Red Light: Assigned Seating?
Cliodhna, On March 9, 2020 at 09:05

How nitty-gritty are you getting with your seating plan? Are you assigning tables or going one step further by assigning seats too? Are you green lighting this additional level of seating chart...

Stephanie, friday 3-Apr-20 25
Cliodhna
Green or Red Light: Wedding Hashtag?

Are you and your fiance(e) social media savvy? How about your guests? Will you encourage social sharing of your day with a custom wedding hashtag? Will you green light a wedding hashtag? Photo by...

Stephanie, friday 3-Apr-20 28
Cliodhna
Green or Red Light: Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue?

How do you feel about the ‘Old, New, Borrowed and Blue’ tradition? Is this something you and your fiance(e) will incorporate into your wedding? If so, how will you? Something old, something new,...

Casey, monday 23-Mar-20 24
Cliodhna
Green or Red Light: First Look?

Where do you and your fiance(e) fall on the first look debate? Is this something you want to do on your wedding day? Is a first look getting the green light for your wedding? Photo by Zahra Zaman...

Natasha, saturday 25-Feb-23 38
Cliodhna
Green or Red Light: An Engagement Party?

Will you have an engagement party to celebrate with friends and family? Or is this something you and your fiance(e) would rather skip? Are you green lighting an engagement party? Photo by Alcock...

Casey, monday 23-Mar-20 24
Desiree
Make up and hair pricing
Desiree, On March 9, 2020 at 10:59

To the brides getting married soon or are already married what would be considered a reasonable price for bridal hair and make up and what would you consider to pricey

Amanda, friday 15-May-20 10
Charlotte
Bridesmaid proposal - distance
Charlotte, On March 8, 2020 at 10:35

Hi guys! My fiancée and I have decided who we want in our wedding party and pretty sure they all have an idea but I want to formally ask them. I know people usually send a little box, gift or card to...

Carly, tuesday 17-Mar-20 13
Maddison
“Prom Dress” as wedding dress?
Maddison, On March 8, 2020 at 10:30

There is a dress for sale near me for a really great price!! Only downside: it’s a prom dress. I’ve heard of some women using prom dresses, but I’m worried this one just *looks* too much like a prom...

Darby, wednesday 11-Mar-20 16
Geneviève
Getting Time Off
Geneviève, On March 6, 2020 at 13:01

I just submitted my vacation request for my shower and Wedding/honeymoon. Everything is sinking in! At my workplace, we have an application window for the summer and Christmas because of the volume of...

Francesca, thursday 12-Mar-20 12
Brenda
Reception Music
Brenda, On March 6, 2020 at 16:07

We haven't been able to secure anyone for the entertainment part of the reception, is anyone out there looking to do it themselves and have some tips?

Britt, wednesday 11-Mar-20 10
Genna
What is this head piece called and where do i get one
Genna, On March 6, 2020 at 17:22

I really love this design but I don't know what those are called or where to get them

Ashley, tuesday 10-Mar-20 7
Shayla
Family Issues
Shayla, On March 6, 2020 at 08:27

Hi all, For those who chose not to invite family that they cut ties with, I just want to know how you managed a wedding without? My fiance's family is great and will all be there, but I'm only...

Patricia, thursday 14-May-20 8
Kelly
Best man back out
Kelly, On March 3, 2020 at 02:37

Wondering how to go about things... our best man backed out and our wedding is in May.. programs are printed everything is done and all with him on it 🤯

Vinod, tuesday 17-Mar-20 12
Sarah
How far out did everyone send invitations?
Sarah, On February 29, 2020 at 22:54

Our wedding is August 29th very few out of town guests and we have already given out save the dates back in November.So when do we send the invites?I am the type of person to receive a wedding...

Stiffra, friday 6-Mar-20 20
Desiree
Moores
Desiree, On February 28, 2020 at 11:09

I’ve had Moore’s calling me the last couple days, so I finally called them back they were saying something about a registry ( I don’t recall any such thing and I don’t even recall looking them up)...

Ashley, wednesday 4-Mar-20 13
J
Bachelorette Party....x2?
Jamie, On February 28, 2020 at 14:23

So this is a few part question.. First we need some background information. I am the maid of honor (and sister) for the bride. She is getting married in June in our neighboring province (about 8...

Ashley, wednesday 4-Mar-20 6
Hank
Engagement Photos
Hank, On February 26, 2020 at 15:07

Where is everyone taking them? We have the photographer for one hour but we have so many ideas and choices that we can't narrow it down to one or two close locations for the hour.

Ashley, wednesday 4-Mar-20 7
M
rsvps and follow up
Mahsa, On February 26, 2020 at 11:01

HI everyone, Our wedding is May 16th and my RSVP date is March 16th. I'm still waiting for 128 people out of 240 to RSVP that's 50%. I'm using the knot for RSVPing. Do you think I should give them...

Ashley, wednesday 4-Mar-20 12
Jessica
Ceremony Walk Down The Aisle Music Speakers
Jessica, On February 26, 2020 at 12:17

Hey Brides! I'm looking for advice on what to do if you're having an outdoor wedding, with no equipment available to play your walk down the aisle music. Our location for the ceremony is pretty much...

Ashley, tuesday 10-Mar-20 7
Cliodhna
Will you wear acrylic or natural nails on your wedding day?
Cliodhna, On February 26, 2020 at 14:05

What kind of manicure are you going for on your wedding day? Are you planning on wearing acrylic nails (or some other type of false nails)? Will you stick with your own natural nail and get some type...

Katrina, thursday 12-Mar-20 24
Amy
Jack & Jill - who does what?
Amy, On February 25, 2020 at 20:21

So we have a free venue for our jack and jill, through my fiancé’s boss but I’m a little unsure of the rest. Who typically gets the prizes etc.? Any information would be helpful!

Ashley, wednesday 4-Mar-20 5

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics