Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Desiree
Frequent user August 2021 Ontario

Make up and hair pricing

Desiree, on March 9, 2020 at 10:59 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10
To the brides getting married soon or are already married what would be considered a reasonable price for bridal hair and make up and what would you consider to pricey

10 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on May 15, 2020 at 01:10
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My makeup is $225 that's with the trail. And it comes with airbrush and faux lashes

Not too sure what hair services cost. My aunt is a hair stylist so she's doing my hair for free

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im paying $300 for hair and makeup and lashes. i want full face coverage that is lasting all day and night but prices vary depending on what type of coverage youre looking for less makeup is cheaper

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think for bridal makeup it's $70-80 and for bridemaids $60. And then for hair it costs a bit more, for mine its about $150 because I have a lot of hair and then for the other girls around $80-$120 based on the length, style, and thickness of their hair. It's also a bit more because we are getting all services done on location.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think this varies a lot depending on where you live. Mine is around $200 for both services.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This will highly depend on your area. Toronto/GTA-based hair and makeup will be much more expensive than ones working in smaller towns.

And like wedding planners, the fiance has found that there is also a huge "celebrity" factor at play.

You can also look at touch ups vs full makeup if you want to keep costs down.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our makeup is $70 per face and $90 per head for hair (unless the hair is less than shoulder-length - then it's $70 each). I think that's on the low end of average for our area.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've found prices at different salons that are about $100-125 for hair and makeup. If you want a trial some places will have a reduced rate and others don't. I'm not in a major city centre which definitely keeps the cost lower.

It's not something I will have done often so I don't mind a bit of a splurge, to me I would cringe at spending more than $300 for the trial and day of.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The “average” I’ve seen is about 100$ per service for bridesmaid. Up to $150 per service for bride.
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My hair and makeup is 150 ( she gave me a deal because of a connection). For ONE service I think somewhere between 70-100 depending on what’s included is reasonable. So 200-300 for both plus travel or an extra artist / tip etc.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine's going to be $220 for hair and makeup. That's not including lash extensions or airbrush foundation or anything though since I don't want those things. $250 was my set budget for hair and makeup and if I couldn't find anyone for that price or lower then I would've done my own makeup. But it really comes down to how intricate you want things to be and whatever extras you want, and some will charge a travel fee if they have to go a certain distance to get to you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics