Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natasha
Devoted May 2021 Ontario

Welcome Gift Bag

Natasha, on March 9, 2020 at 11:35 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 20
Hey All,

We have a whole clan of guests coming up from the US to attend our wedding in May. We wanted to put together a welcome bag for everyone in their hotel rooms. My FH is gonna create an info sheet with some things to do in the area, maps, etc. But what physical stuff would you guys think would be worth while putting in a welcome bag. Most of these people have been the Canada before so I kinda want to steer away from like a jug of maple syrup, lol.

20 Comments

Latest activity by Shannon, on March 10, 2020 at 17:30
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow, thats really kind of the host. Thats an extra cost, I'd like to skip. But for my family staying at the hotel from the US, this is a great idea.

• Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I attended a wedding once where everyone got one on their seat at the ceremony. It had a water bottle, snack, gum and the program etc. in it. My thought was just for our relatives staying at our hotel block - just a little something extra to say we appreciate them traveling so far.
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Natasha,

Thanks for the awesome post. I am planning our wedding myself. Everyday I"m learning of something new, things I was not aware of. Such as Welcome bags. 😊

• Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    For sure doing a water bottle combo of sorts, loving all the ideas!
  • S
    Frequent user February 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just love this idea!! But I dont have any suggestions.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A custom water bottle with your guys initials, some snacks for the drive, maybe a flyer for rental cars and places to eat in the area.

• Shayla
    Beginner June 2023 Alberta
    Shayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would include things they might forget at home - I'd include sunglasses, bug spray, lip balm. A comfy pair of flats for women. A reusable water bottle. Medical supplies (band aids, advil, gravol, blister cushions.) And depending on their interests, snacks or drinks specifically from Canada. Can't go too big because they might not be able to take everything back home on the plane.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    With your guests, a keychain or simple gift that can be a souvenir with your initials.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Welcome bags are great to have as snacks and bottled water to enjoy while staying at the venue. A bag or basket can include items that guests will use with a tag with your names, My brother got married and had a big basket with lots of food items and stuffed animal in each for every room for our guests attending his brother. I had put a small bag with chocolates, mixed nuts and granola bars in separate organza bags. Its nice to have different colours for each item to be seen. 2 bottled water were also in the bags as refreshments. The welcome package was also handed to every room for activities, wedding day schedule, Welcome dinner location/directions, and a note to welcome our guests.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the idea of flip flops (hold out for Old Navy $1 flip flop day) and sunglasses. Maybe a local beer or cider, one of each of your favorite snacks. Canada is banning plastic bags so a pocket sized reusable bag for their shopping would come in handy (you can buy them by the dozen on Amazon).
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I always worry that there will be a wedding I attend away from home that I forget something important. So it would be nice to have just in case!

• A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am definitely that person who takes them home and then I don’t use them LOL!!

• Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    USB charger is a GREAT idea
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For sure like the idea of the hangover kits - but other than that maybe you could put sunglasses (always forget mine on trips), flip flops (for the pool - I forget them at home too), and then perhaps some treats to eat?

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Travel sized liquid soap. Hotels always use bar soap and they always suck.

Fancy flavour tea bags cuz let's face it, who actually drinks the hotel orange pekoe by choice.

Snacks wise, small bag of ketchup or all dressed chips (or whatever other Canadian flavour you can't get in the states).

Portable phone chargers? You can get a bunch for fairly cheap now that are the size of USB keys. Handy for those with older phones spending a long day away from their room.

Presto cards so they can get around easily?

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh, excellent idea! I didn't even think of travel essentials.

• Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I like the idea of travel sized things so they don’t need to go out and buy anything if the samples at the hotel aren’t enough (or if your like me and take them home and collect them LOL)
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was honestly thinking just the consumables route!
  • A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could put some essential travel items, for those who may have forgotten an item or two. I am not sure what they are called, but you could put some things that they may need the day after the wedding Advil etc. You could put some snack foods, always good to have after travelling a long way. Anything that would give them a little comfort of a home away from home for the weekend.

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been looking into this also. I think its a cute idea. Sparkling and still water, hangover "kits", a personalized tote bag, some local chocolate, snacks, fresh fruit. If they are travelling, keep things small and things they'll consume while there so they don't have to pack them up to fly.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics