Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Curious May 2020 Ontario

rsvps and follow up

Mahsa, on February 26, 2020 at 11:01 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12

HI everyone,

Our wedding is May 16th and my RSVP date is March 16th. I'm still waiting for 128 people out of 240 to RSVP that's 50%.

I'm using the knot for RSVPing. Do you think I should give them till March 16th then follow up? Or should I use the knot RSVP reminder setting a week before to remind them?

What is best way to do so?

I sitll have till 10 days before wedding to finalize my # but not sure why everyone is taking so long to RSVP Smiley sad

12 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on March 4, 2020 at 17:05
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So fustrating!!!!!!!!!! i would send an email reminder to let people know. sometimes people assume theyre coming and dont tell the bride or groom

• A
    Newbie October 2020 British Columbia
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom and the grooms mom will be responsible to track down their people and we'll handle our friends. People just forget there is a deadline. (Or so I'm hoping) No RSVP, no cake, no seat, no meal haha

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Send out a reminder! People legitimately forget about these things.

• Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    * if the knot reminder does get their attention is what I meant to include in my previous post
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Date twins! I’m also getting married on May 16th! We sent out invites in Jan and have about 40 back ( out of 100). Our RSVP date is April 16th. So just under 50% here too!

My final numbers are due 14 days prior. And I have a good idea of how many tables there will be give or take. My only concern is getting the seating chart done in time - our rental company is hand writing all the guests names on a piece of frosted acrylic that will hang from a large stand with florals.

If you are waiting on friends I think it’s cool to message them to remind them. If you are waiting on family - maybe try and spread the word by enlisting the help of another family member. You don’t want anyone to feel like your putting pressure of them ( except you DO need the RSVPs back so they should know that)
  • A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would send a reminder out one week before the 16th in case people forgot the deadline. And then start calling after the 16th.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d send the reminder after the 16. Two months is still enough time for stragglers and an email prompt should do it for most.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would probably send the reminder. I wouldnt make phone calls until after the date. Maybe even the day before. If I dont respond to something right away there's a good chance I forgot. I'd like the reminder...
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would wait until the 16th, you don't want to rush people before the deadline. I like the suggestion of asking for help to chase people after the 16th though!

If you happen to run into someone you know hasn't RSVPd I don't think it would be wrong to say "I haven't seen your RSVP yet, we hope you can make it!"
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would wait until the deadline for your RSVPs for sure. If there is still quite a few, I would maybe ask some family to help call the day after so you can get a total number sooner.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would personally send out the reminder if that's a thing through the knot - but if they still haven't RSVP'd by the 16th of March then I would start phone calling them all.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would give them until March 16 before you follow up.

Some people might be waiting to the deadline to see if they can get a date, or get off work etc etc

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics