Skip to main content
Maddison
Newbie August 2020 Saskatchewan

“Prom Dress” as wedding dress?

Maddison, on March 8, 2020 at 10:30 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 16
Saved
“Prom Dress” as wedding dress? 1
“Prom Dress” as wedding dress? 2
There is a dress for sale near me for a really great price!! Only downside: it’s a prom dress. I’ve heard of some women using prom dresses, but I’m worried this one just *looks* too much like a prom dress. Honest thoughts?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Darby, on March 11, 2020 at 04:30
  • D
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Darby ·
    • Dispute

It's beautiful! Nobody will be able to tell except your budget!

• Isabella
    Newbie May 2020 British Columbia
    Isabella ·
    • Dispute

If you love it then it's the one! Wear it and everyone will see a glowing bride Smiley smile

• First
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    First ·
    • Dispute
    It’s a beautiful dress! It does not look like a prom dress to me at all. I love the train, and the silver on the top makes it totally unique (thus extra beautiful). Congratulations! You’re going to look stunning on your wedding day!
  • Amanda
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute

This is a gorgeous dress!! I agree with everyone else if you love it, and it fits and it is what you envision go for it!

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute

If it didn't have a train, I would say it looks like a prom dress. Since this one has a train though, I think its fair game for a wedding. If you love it, go for it!

• Kayla
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute

DO IT! Its a beautiful dress, no one will know its from the prom section.

• Rayanne
    Featured June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    I don't think a pron dress should have a train lol. To me I would think it's a wedding dress more than a prom dress. It is beautiful. Of you feel good in it I think you should go for it.
  • T
    Curious September 2020 Alberta
    Tabitha ·
    • Dispute
    This is beautiful! And on sale? I say go for it! You can’t even tell it’s a “prom dress”! It’s nicer than some of the wedding dresses out there! Do you, girl! You’ll look beautiful in it!
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user February 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    It looks beautiful
  • Maddison
    Newbie August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Maddison ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Thank you all for the kind responses!! I am going to try it on today, so we will see!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute

It looks like a wedding dress to me!!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute

I think it looks beautiful and to be honest - when I had my graduation in 2015 I thought that all the girls wearing white dresses just looked like they were wearing wedding dresses Smiley tongue So I can see it both ways.

If you try it on and it screams "THIS IS MY WEDDING DRESS!!" then I say it's a wedding dress.

• Emma
    Frequent user September 2022 Alberta
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    That dress is beautiful!!! It looks very bridal to me. I bought a prom dress for my wedding and everyone I've shown says they would never have guessed. I agree with Amelia that especially alongside accessories/a bouquet no one would think twice about it.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    It's beautiful, and I agree with the others it doesn't scream "prom".

Once you add accessories like a veil or a bouquet no one will be questioning it.
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    It doesn’t scream prom to me. Just more of a formal gown. I love that it has a bustle already at the back - that’s very bridal. I wonder if the person selling it would let you try it on first?
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    I don’t think it looks like a prom dress, at all! It’s beautiful- and if you love it and it’s in budget and fits what you’re looking for then it’s perfect!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics