Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cliodhna
WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway

Green or Red Light: First Look?

Cliodhna, on March 9, 2020 at 09:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 38

Where do you and your fiance(e) fall on the first look debate? Is this something you want to do on your wedding day?

Is a first look getting the green light for your wedding?

Green or Red Light: First Look? 1

Photo by Zahra Zaman Photography in Halifax, Nova Scotia

Next Question: Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue?

Back to the Beginning: Green or Red Light?

38 Comments

Latest activity by Natasha, on February 25, 2023 at 13:33
  • Natasha
    Curious April 2023 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing a first look for practical and sentimental reasons. Plus I'm surprising my fiancé with a joke first look that his best man is doing!!
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would give green light! I think it's a nice personal moment to share in with each other and can help with the nerves of the day.

• A
    Newbie May 2024 Ontario
    Alina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think my FH and I NEED a first look to get the initial emotions out of the way otherwise we will both be crying too much when I walk down the isle.
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Red Light for my FH & I. The first time he wants to see me is when I walk down the aisle, BUT its a Green Light for my Father and I ... we will be capturing the moment my Dad see's me for the first time.

• K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Green light! It works out better for us in terms of overall logistics of the day - and I think it will calm our nerves to see one another beforehand!
  • Naomi
    Frequent user June 2021 Ontario
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I definitely want a first look! I think it will be such a great moment in time to capture. It’s a moment you and your spouse can cherish forever. Plus there is so many unique and creative ways to do your first look, make it fun by do something that coincides with both your characters.
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think they are beautiful! I love when they are able to caption the emotions of the bride and groom in photos but it just wasn’t for us. When I brought up the subject I was surprised my FH was also against it. There is something special about that first look walking down the aisle. If all goes as planned I would have a first look with my dad ❤️
  • H
    Beginner September 2020 Arizona
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am as well on the fence. My FH does not care as we are both not super traditional. This has been super helpful Smiley smile
  • E
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Erika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yellow light. I would ask your future spouse. My FH is very laid back and easy going and through this entire wedding process would give input when asked and was a whatever makes you happiest kind of answer. When asked about the first look he was totally against it. He said his biggest want is to see me the first time walking down the aisle at the ceremony. We are having a more traditional timeline, ceremony at 1pm and reception at 5pm with a break for photos in between.
  • A
    Newbie August 2021 Manitoba
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Green light ! We are having our ceremony & reception at the same place 10 min from the city with a lot of international guests, so the ceremony is later and only 1 hr between them. This way we get the most out of our photographer and videographer, and also get pics in a few different locations!

It also makes the first look an intimate one between us. Smiley smile

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Green light.
    We did a first look and I highly suggest it. It was just my Husband and myself with our photographer, and it was a nice little moment to talk before walking down the isle. This also gave us the ability to do all our wedding pictures before the ceremony!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Red light. We decided against this
  • Michelle
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Green light! We are both sappy and want to get past some of our tears and jitters before tye ceremony, just the two of us! Plus then we have more time for pictures beforehand and can enjoy the cocktail hour greeting guests!
  • Kadi
    Curious August 2021 Alberta
    Kadi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I LOVE the idea of the first look. Pictures come out amazing but I want to save the fist look with my FH when I walk down the isle so I am going to do a first look with my dad. Just an idea if its something you're thinking of doing

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Red light! This is not for us at all! I want that moment as I come down the aisle

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Red light. While I definitely see the appeal, it's one of the few things that my FH has been traditional or requested (not to see me in the dress until the ceremony....we don't care so much about seeing each other the day of in normal clothes)

• Tyler-Kerry
    Curious March 2024 New Brunswick
    Tyler-Kerry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same I like the idea but don't want to see FH until I walking down the aisle I'm doing a firstlook with my father as well
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Red light were gonna see each other at the ceremony

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Red light!! No way! We both want the anticipation of seeing each other for the first time at either end of the aisle ♥️
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Greenish. I'm not doing a first look with my FH but I do love the idea of it. So I decided to do a first look with my dad.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Red light since we had seen each others outfits and coordinated accordingly to match.
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is something that I would like to do, for two reasons: 1) it will be a moment just for us, 2) I do not want to have that ugly cry face in front of everyone! LOL!

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Red light, my FH wants to see me for the first time when I walk down the aisle. We're planning a first touch instead to calm my nerves

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Green light. We both want to focus on family during the reception and it'll give us the most time with everyone. Plus it'll be dark by 5PM
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Red. We want the aisle moment. We might do a first touch though.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Green light! We’re also using the daylight to get some other pictures out of the way.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Green Light - it works better for our timing to do this, with a later ceremony, and we are quite looking forward to our own special moment.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Red light- it was really important to me to have us not see each other until the ceremony.

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

On the fence. I think I would like it but FH is more traditional and wanted that to be when we walk down the aisle. Though lately the idea has grown on him. I would also like to get most photos out of the way beforehand to allow more time with guests so it will likely be a green light!

• J
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Jigna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Green light! We have a big wedding and I’m very nervous about everyone staring at me. For me, seeing my FH beforehand help my calm nerves.
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Greenlight - I honestly don’t want to be whisked away after the ceremony for photos. Plus we both have only one person in our parties and we want to be able to all hangout in the morning
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Greenlight - I honestly don’t want to be

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics