Skip to main content
Erin
Erin

Etobicoke, Ontario · From March 2016

I work for the Ontario Business Improvement Area Association and help them run a National Conference every year. Planning is my passion and I'm having an... View more

I work for the Ontario Business Improvement Area Association and help them run a National Conference every year. Planning is my passion and I'm having an absolute blast putting my wedding together!

Happily married 🎉

September 21, 2019

1650days 20hrs
Julie
Thank you for the amazing support !!!
Julie, On September 18, 2019 at 19:46

I want to thank all of you ladies for the amazing support i had just before getting married !!! Your tips and suggestions were very appreciated as well !!! Our wedding day was magical, it was one of...

Julie, friday 18-Oct-19 29
Emily
Keeping Wedding party on track!
Emily, On September 19, 2019 at 15:32

Hi all, we we have a fairly large party of 16 - they are all over the place! Few are local, some are even in another country. How do I keep them involved and in the loop so my MOH doesn’t end up doing...

Emily, monday 30-Sep-19 15
Lindsay
What do you do when your MOH is MIA?
Lindsay, On September 20, 2019 at 02:42

What do you do when your* MOH is MIA? Sorry in advance, this is a long one! So my MOH (and best friend) basically asked me if she was going to be my MOH right after I told her that we got engaged....

Lawana, thursday 28-Sep-23 14 1
C
Child in wedding party
Cameron, On September 14, 2019 at 20:52

Ok, I am lost. My fiance and I have a son together. We both really want him to be as involved as possible in our wedding. I was thinking of making him best man, or at least a groomsmen. Then I would...

Ashley, monday 23-Sep-19 8
Rachel
Last minute guest additions is screwing everything up. Please help.
Rachel, On September 18, 2019 at 20:08

I'm honestly losing my mind. It's 11 days to the wedding. My parents decided to tell me today that my uncle and grandma can actually make the wedding (1% of me is like yay I love my grandma, but 99%...

Ashley, monday 23-Sep-19 14
T
Played around with some foraged wildflowers :)
Trish, On September 17, 2019 at 00:37

My wedding is sept 26, 2020 so I decided to play around with what I could find on my property/the ditch in front of my house! Haha I honestly didn’t think it would turn out this nice... I do have to...

Sharlene, tuesday 24-Sep-19 10
Maddie19
E-vites!!
Maddie19, On September 17, 2019 at 17:48

We're doing e-invitations for a few reasons 1. I made them myself so they don't cost a thing 2. The cost of stamps can add up quickly. 3. People are going to throw out the invite after a little bit 4....

Stephanie, wednesday 1-Jan-20 9
Lynnie
Cake Smash? Keep or Cancel?
Lynnie, On September 16, 2019 at 09:50

It's our final tradition! How do you feel about the cake smash? Is it a cute and fun memorable wedding moment? Or would you be super pissed if your new spouse smashed cake in your face? 🍰 What's your...

Amelia, thursday 31-Oct-19 33
Lynnie
Garter Toss? Keep or Cancel?

I have to confess that I've never actually seen a garter toss in person! But apparently 37% of grooms still participate in this reception tradition! Will this toss tradition make the cut for your...

Allison, monday 2-Dec-19 31
Lynnie
Bouquet Toss? Keep or Cancel?

To toss the bouquet, or not to toss? 💐 That is the divisive question! Some brides are so over this outdated tradition, and don't want to drag out all their single friends onto the dance floor while...

Amelia, thursday 31-Oct-19 32
Lynnie
Clinking for Kisses? Keep or Cancel?

Clink Clink!! 🥂 It's time to smooch again, as demanded by your guests! Are you saying keep to this tradition because you'll take any opportunity to lay another kiss on your new spouse's lips? 😘 Or do...

Amelia, thursday 31-Oct-19 29
Lynnie
Reception Speeches? Keep or Cancel?

Reception toasts from your father, maid of honor, and best man can be incredibly moving and bring everyone to happy tears! 😭 That is, when the speeches are done well! On the other hand, they can also...

Renee, tuesday 3-Dec-19 31
Lynnie
Parent Dances? Keep or Cancel?
Lynnie, On September 16, 2019 at 09:49

Are you keeping the tradition of dancing with your parents at the reception with father-daughter and mother-son dances (or whatever family combo works for you!)? Or would you rather cancel this...

Amelia, thursday 31-Oct-19 31
Lynnie
Traditional Wedding Vows? Keep or Cancel?

Do you still get emotional when you hear the traditional promises of "in sickness and in health"? Or are you all-in on modernizing the old wedding vows and making them more personal to your...

Taylor, wednesday 4-Dec-19 30
Lynnie
"Here Comes The Bride"? Keep or Cancel?

"Here Comes The Bride" (aka Wagner's Bridal Chorus) is the traditional old-school processional song. Do you still love this dramatic bridal march? Or are you ready to say goodbye to this old organ...

Amelia, thursday 31-Oct-19 39
Lynnie
Matching Bridesmaids Dresses? Keep or Cancel?

Are you SO over seeing an army of bridesmaids wearing the exact same dress? Or do you still like the traditional uniform look? It's time to vote on matching bridesmaids dresses! Keep or cancel? Photo...

Amelia, thursday 31-Oct-19 41
Lynnie
Sleeping apart the night before the wedding? Keep or Cancel?

Will you be keeping with tradition and spending the night before your wedding sleeping separately? Or are you ready to cancel this old tradition? Keep or cancel? Next Question: Matching Bridesmaids...

Geneviève, sunday 3-Nov-19 41
Lynnie
Keep or Cancel?
Lynnie, On September 16, 2019 at 09:48

This week we want to know which popular wedding traditions you're still into, and which ones you're ready to say goodbye to!! 👋 Photo from My Confetti Celebration in Vancouver Click on each discussion...

Nelly, tuesday 24-Sep-19 16
Maddie19
Special Wedding Date
Maddie19, On September 18, 2019 at 12:17

Our wedding date is July 10, 2020. We said I love you on July 10, 2017! Does anyone else have a wedding date that has sentimental meaning to them?

Chere-Lee, tuesday 24-Sep-19 23
Sarah-Lynn
Engagement Session Locations
Sarah-Lynn, On September 16, 2019 at 10:00

Hey there, does anyone know of any good engagement photo locations in the Oshawa or Durham area? Trying to find country, train tracks etc

Sinéad, friday 4-Oct-19 4
Danielle
Long engagement and taking flack from people for planning now.
Danielle, On September 17, 2019 at 09:26

Is anyone else doing this? We're basically having a long engagement but we're also planning to have a kid before we get married. I'd rather find my vendors now and have things a bit more spread out...

Rayanne, sunday 22-Sep-19 15
Katrina
Trouble Choosing a Wedding Day....
Katrina, On September 13, 2019 at 11:01

Originally, I had June 20th of 2020 selected as our wedding day as it will be approximately one year from our engagement. However, our venue located in Barrie (has a mostly indoor space but a spacious...

Alana, tuesday 17-Sep-19 20
Maddie19
Friday Weddings?!
Maddie19, On September 13, 2019 at 17:03

Hi Everyone! Our wedding is on a Friday evening. It just worked out because the date has sentimental meaning to us. Anyways, for brides who had a Friday wedding, did you notice a lot of people...

Ashley, monday 23-Sep-19 7
Joey
How many people did you date before you found "The One"?
Joey, On September 11, 2019 at 08:05

Was your future spouse your first sweetheart, or did you kiss a lot of frogs before you found your prince or princess? Photo by Northwood Rings in Mahone Bay

Amanda, friday 13-Sep-19 19
A
Engagement Photos
Amelia, On September 11, 2019 at 19:22

They're in and I can't be more thrilled with them! I was nervous I'd be completely dysfunctional in front of a camera but our photographer was amazing and made the whole shoot so much fun. Can't wait...

Emily, sunday 15-Sep-19 24
L
Bridal Shower Gift Opening
Liarra, On September 10, 2019 at 15:29

Just curious as to what everyone is doing for their bridal shower gift situation. Most that I’ve been to the bride opens the gifts in front of the guests and someone jaunts down who gave what for...

Alyssa, thursday 16-Jan-20 24
A
Video
Angel, On September 12, 2019 at 13:21

Hello everyone! So I already have a photographer but now I'm thinking if I should get a videographer as well. I mean, I know a lot of friends who didn't have a videographer on their wedding but I was...

Vinod, wednesday 18-Sep-19 8
Aylssa
Help!
Aylssa, On September 12, 2019 at 16:10

What song did you guys use for your ladies bridal party to walk down the isle?

Maegan, wednesday 18-Sep-19 16
April
Need idea for places to get flowers
April, On August 26, 2019 at 05:19

Hey everyone I'm so overwhelmed with this whole wedding planning thing our wedding is July 2020 I am looking to use fake arrangements for my flowers but I dont know where to start looking for people...

BunnyBride, tuesday 24-Sep-19 10
Lisa
Succulents
Lisa, On August 27, 2019 at 22:06

Has anyone tried growing their own succulents for wedding favours? If so, any advice to share? We've 3D printed our plant pots and we're going to attempt to grow our own succulents to represent our...

Lisa, wednesday 25-Sep-19 7
Kayley
Bridesmaids-day of Wedding
Kayley, On September 12, 2019 at 17:15

What did you do for your bridesmaids day of in terms of a “thank you” gift? Did you pay for their hair and make up?

Katelyn, wednesday 2-Oct-19 15
Allison
Rehearsal Dinner Seating
Allison, On September 11, 2019 at 15:58

This weekend my mom, FH, FSIL and I are starting to put together the seating chart for the wedding! We have lots of wine on hand for it lol That being said, is/did anyone do(ing) a seating plan for...

Allison, monday 16-Sep-19 17

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics